The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

The Canadian Championships start today.  Vancouver's newest team, Vancouver FC of the CPL, plays tomorrow (Wednesday) 5pm against York United.  Game is streamed on One Soccer / fubo.  As mentioned earlier in this thread, if Vancouver FC wins they would play the Whitecaps in the second round.

Promo video about the tournament:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Not a bad game to watch.  But the penalty call was weak.

So we don't get a Vancouver/Vancouver matchup.  Too bad, but maybe best for VFC.  Based on this one game, I don't think the Caps would have a problem with either of these teams.  And it wouldn't do much for the confidence of VFC players to get thumped on their home grounds.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

I see soccer highlights from time to time as it's kind of fun to go to a game and not bad to follow...

So to confirm, the Whitecaps are something FC and are labelled "Telus".?

Yes.  Unless you're watching highlights of Vancouver FC.  In which case, they would be labelled "CIBC".

11 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

I see soccer highlights from time to time as it's kind of fun to go to a game and not bad to follow...

So to confirm, the Whitecaps are something FC and are labelled "Telus".?

However, if they are labeled with "Bell", you are watching old highlights.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, I gave up because I had no idea when (or if) a Whitecaps game would be on cable....

No effing way am I paying extra to watch a team that hasn't cared about anything but the bottom line, since it's inception.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven’t been following Whitecaps as much as previous years since I don’t have AppleTV or the MLS Season Pass that is required to watch a lot of the games..

I believe TSN is only showing 14 of their 34 regular Season matches 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

They won against the loons (ones with the Target logo on their chest) yesterday.

Didn't see the game (for obvious reasons) but from those highlights, it looks like Veselinovic and Blackmon had a rough day.....

The Whitecaps have a decent team.  They're currently in seventh place in the West.

If they could develop some consistent scoring they would be a force in the West.

Nice to see Betcher score again.  He got off to that brilliant start then cooled off a bit.  But the young guy seems to have a talent for being in the right place at the right time.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, MLS and Apple are offering a free one month subscription to Season Pass.  Having already subscribed to Season Pass I can't make use of this offer (HARRUMPH!)  so I'm not sure of all the details (ie.  is it available in Canada?  Are there any strings attached?)

But if you want to check it out, here's the link:

https://redeem.apple.com/mls1moamr?social&locale=en-us&itscg=80035&itsct=s_mls_broadcasttal_1monthoffer

And here's a bit more information about it:

https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/mls-season-pass-free-trial-debuts-from-apple-tv-20230513-WST-432779.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1683977564

Edited by UnkNuk
  • Cheers 1