The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

On 13/06/2016 at 1:30 AM, Lateralus91 said:

By the way: Brazil's out of the Copa already. When I was a kid you could let them have 2 teams at the World Cup and both of them would make it at least to the quarter finals. Nowadays the first team gets embarassed by us and their second team by Peru and Ecuador.

It's truly embarrassing. They can't find any scorers to support Neymar. Douglas Costa was hurt but still. Couthinho,Oscar,Willian not the best scorers. Hulk is very streaky.

Their D is terrible. Outside Thiago. Marcelo,Dani Alves, and David Luis are all known for going forward.

They have some guys coming up like Oscar Perriera, Gabriel, Formino, etc bit they are not proven.

Brazil is so desperate Neymar is going play in the summer Olympics since he skipped the Copa.

http://www.thesportbible.com/football/reactions-news-watch-russian-hooligan-wears-gopro-during-rampage-through-marseille-20160614

it was the English fans tho :wacko:

...btw Russia will be disqualified from the Euros if another in stadium incident occurs like that versus England. I can't even begin to fathom the crap that will happen during the 2018 World Cup. 

34 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Oh yeah, Dunga got sacked.  Who the hell had the idea of actually bringing that oaf back?

Desperate times for Brazil and their footballing heroes. The selecao was going downhill but the 7-1 rape by the Germans really showed the bad management and corruption at the top that ruined it's former production line of samba kings.

Pele,Ronaldo,Ronaldhino,Roberto Carlos,  they all must be disgusted at the state of Brazil and their footballing culture right now. Argentina has easily surpassed them and now they can barely hang with lightweights like Peru.

Neymar playing in the Olympics they better medal at the least if not win gold or people are gonna riot there. All that money spent on the World Cup and Summer Olympics is not helping the vast inequalities between rich and poor there.

Find it hysterical CR7 created more chances than Ibra and Lewa combined and still people blame him. It's just the hate. People expect him to score every game or else he gets trolled. World class player.

...but props to Iceland. I think everyone is rooting for them. Great story indeed! 

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Find it hysterical CR7 created more chances than Ibra and Lewa combined and still people blame him. It's just the hate. People expect him to score every game or else he gets trolled. World class player.

...but props to Iceland. I think everyone is rooting for them. Great story indeed! 

Why do you feel the need to defend him

everytime? He had a bad game just like the CL final. He is also supposed to create more, Ibra and Lewa both play as the no.9 with both sometimes dropping deeper to contribute. It also helps that Portugal have a very very good team compared to with Poland (who I actually think could make a decent run) and Sweden.

Btw Swedens goal was a direct result of Ibra. 

Edit: also he being a &^@#ing baby about the game as well.

I thought they’d won the Euros the way they celebrated at the end, it was unbelievable. When they don’t try to play and just defend, defend, defend this in my opinion shows a small mentality and are not going to do anything in the competition

Edited by CaptainCanuck001
  • Upvote 3

According to tomorrows (I think) Bild, Watzke confirmed that Mkhitaryan won't be renewing his contract, but if my translation is correct he also said that they won't sell him and will instead let him leave on a free next summer.

Raiola, his agent, is quoted as saying that BVB have a formal offer from United and that it would a once in a lifetime chance for Mkhitaryan and that he is very keen on the move. 

Im not to sure but didn't Watzke or Zorc say that after the Lewandoski transfer that they would never let a player leave on a free again? @Lateralus91 @Scottish⑦Canuck 

This is going to be a crazy summer for sure though.

6 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

According to tomorrows (I think) Bild, Watzke confirmed that Mkhitaryan won't be renewing his contract, but if my translation is correct he also said that they won't sell him and will instead let him leave on a free next summer.

Raiola, his agent, is quoted as saying that BVB have a formal offer from United and that it would a once in a lifetime chance for Mkhitaryan and that he is very keen on the move. 

Im not to sure but didn't Watzke or Zorc say that after the Lewandoski transfer that they would never let a player leave on a free again? @Lateralus91 @Scottish⑦Canuck 

This is going to be a crazy summer for sure though.

Apparently his sister, who's involved with UEFA, followed Arsenal on Linkdin.

In the past, Mkhitaryan spoke highly of Arsenal and has said he would like to join.

So with that said....best of luck in securing his services!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Apparently his sister, who's involved with UEFA, followed Arsenal on Linkdin.

In the past, Mkhitaryan spoke highly of Arsenal and has said he would like to join.

So with that said....best of luck in securing his services!

If he leaves it's either us or you guys, he was linked with you a couple weeks back I believe.

• Upvote 1