The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Nice of you to come out again Babych... say, where we you for the past 28 games when Hansen was stinking it up?

Even Raymond is having some days in the sun. Maybe Hansen - Sedin - Raymond for a first line???

I don't know that he was "stinking it up". You seem to think that Hansen should be ppg player - he's not. He's simply a great 3rd liner with decent hands signed to a very good contract.

Still unsure as to the hate.

• 3 months later...

Agreed. He is the best 3erd line checker with consistancy we have had in a long time. But we could use someone like Torres back on that line. ::D

Yup would be nice to have a wrecking ball on that line again, as long as he can play a little hockey too.

Yeah, Hansen ripped it up in the second half of the season! Oh wait... he completely dried up once COHO was traded? Actually, it was even slightly before that. Hardly anyone on our first two lines will drop the gloves, and as a third-liner, Hansen doesn't fight, he isn't a natural goal scorer, he doesn't flatten anyone with big crushing body checks... he's a PLUG. Sure, he digs hard in the corners, can kills penalties, yadda yadda. Guess what? So can a whole bunch of AHLers. Hansen benefited from Coho's year, and even got some tap-ins from Sedins when AV foolishly put in on the top line. He's had a good attitude, but doesn't deserve to be on an elite team.

Yeah, Hansen ripped it up in the second half of the season! Oh wait... he completely dried up once COHO was traded? Actually, it was even slightly before that. Hardly anyone on our first two lines will drop the gloves, and as a third-liner, Hansen doesn't fight, he isn't a natural goal scorer, he doesn't flatten anyone with big crushing body checks... he's a PLUG. Sure, he digs hard in the corners, can kills penalties, yadda yadda. Guess what? So can a whole bunch of AHLers. Hansen benefited from Coho's year, and even got some tap-ins from Sedins when AV foolishly put in on the top line. He's had a good attitude, but doesn't deserve to be on an elite team.

You don't deserve to be the fan of an elite team, and that's the last you'll be hearing from me.

Garbage post! Hansen brings it every game and every shift, Yah I'm sorry I forgot elite teams are comprised of only Crosbys and Stamkos(s?). There is something called the salary cap and for what Jannik brings to the table he is a bargain, I bet all 30 teams would benefit from having him on their roster. There are different roles for different players, his role is not to score 30 goals, its not to steam roll opposing dmen, its not drop the mits. You need players like Hansen that play hard in the corners, forecheck like a man possesed and kill penalties and he does those things at a very high level which most AHLers wouldn't even come close to doing.

Jannik is a determined heart and soul player, he may not have the skill or the hands of other players but we should feel very lucky we have this guy. What he brings to the table is understated, and I can understand that someone who doesn't know much about hockey could look at him and not see how valuable he really is, so I forgive you!

He was a steal in the 2004 draft IMO and he continues to be a moneyball bargain player that if the Canucks had more of would be able to afford even more superstars to make for more of an elite team.

Part of the reason the Canucks are in fact elite is because of Hansen.

Garbage post! Hansen brings it every game and every shift, Yah I'm sorry I forgot elite teams are comprised of only Crosbys and Stamkos(s?). There is something called the salary cap and for what Jannik brings to the table he is a bargain, I bet all 30 teams would benefit from having him on their roster. There are different roles for different players, his role is not to score 30 goals, its not to steam roll opposing dmen, its not drop the mits. You need players like Hansen that play hard in the corners, forecheck like a man possesed and kill penalties and he does those things at a very high level which most AHLers wouldn't even come close to doing.

Jannik is a determined heart and soul player, he may not have the skill or the hands of other players but we should feel very lucky we have this guy. What he brings to the table is understated, and I can understand that someone who doesn't know much about hockey could look at him and not see how valuable he really is, so I forgive you!

He was a steal in the 2004 draft IMO and he continues to be a moneyball bargain player that if the Canucks had more of would be able to afford even more superstars to make for more of an elite team.

This.

• 4 months later...

*cough cough*

btw

original post

I respect Jannik Hansen in that he's a hard working player. His passion is usually pretty evident, and he has wheels.

But I get so frustrated seeing his offensive inabilities... those hands of stone, which neutralizes an otherwise potentially exciting third line with Cody Hodgson and Manny Malhotra.

I know Hansen will always have his fans and followers because he has a low cap hit and high work ethic, but I'd argue that if the Canucks want to continue to be considered an elite team, they need to re-evaluate his worth. He's a plugger, and on most mediocre teams he fits the bill, but upon Raymond's return, Hansen is one of those guys who I'd omit from the lineup before Hodgson or anyone else.

You might suggest that Hansen provides that hard forchecking or sandpaper edge the Canucks lack, but he's not a true 'Raffi Torres' type, and we have a whole fourth line dedicated to the bumping and bruising. A line of Hodgson, Malhotra, and Raymond really interests me, and I think would give the Canucks the extra bit of offense they need in order to score first and win some games.

Archived