The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

I don't ever post, but at times I question the level of intellegence of people posting here. In 2011 Hansen was playing as a third liner, with the odd game together with the twins. He did well as a third liner...

Forward a couple of seasons and due to injuries he's playing 2nd line minutes and surprise doing ok at that as well. I think Hansen is a super third liner and find it pathetic that slegr still wants to rid the team of one of its, if not the hardest, working players. Name a few player (availble) that can replace him at the same salary cap... otherwise you ought to eat humble pies. That would suit you a lot better...

Guest Gumballthechewy

You should read the actual post - Slegr changed it after much criticism.

Ha ha! He did didn't he! :lol: at least clutch had the balls to leave what he said unaltered.

Typical CDC. Several years ago there only a few of us defending Hansen. Now everyone loves him. He is a keeper and is exactly the kind of player we need in the Playoffs. I can't believe that there are still "fans" who want him gone. Idiocy!!

And people used to say the same thing about Hansen and AV as they say about our current prospects. Hansen took his time and developed without being gifted any minutes and he earned his way into one of the more consistent players we have now.

anyone that thinks Hansen doesn't have heart or isn't effective needs to give their head a shake. He's always been one of the hardest working players on the team. Great penalty killer and if given a chance to play with some offensive players that know how to get the puck to the net, he can chip in. There aren't many 40 point, 3rd liner, peanlty killers that can be trusted in every part of the game out there. Hell if he played point on the powerplay (not saying he should, just for argument's sake) and coughed up the puck and gave the other team a breakaway, he'd probably catch up to him, take the puck back and rush the puck up the ice seamlessly

Babych! Your love for Hansen has no ends. This is a HUGE opportunity to trade Hansen - his value has probably never been higher. By the way, you know who else had 3 points tonight? Andrew Ebbett. Let's move them both up to the first line?

Actually, if we go back to what was the third line Higgins, Raymond and Hansen - they each have 7 goals for a total of 21. The Sedin line had Henrik (7), Daniel (8), and Burrows (5) for a total of 20 goals. Sems to me like the third line is outscoring the "first" line - and they barely see the PP! I have a lot of love for guys that work hard, too - like Raymond, Hansen, and Higgins - cuz in the NHL, that can get results when perimeter players don't.

Slegr will always have a "reason" to want to off-load Hansen.

He's playing poorly -> "He sucks! Get him off the team!"

He's playing average -> "He's not bringing anything extra! Get him off the team!"

He's playing well -> "He's good trade bait! Get him off the team!"

Slegr will always have a "reason" to want to off-load Hansen.

He's playing poorly -> "He sucks! Get him off the team!"

He's playing average -> "He's not bringing anything extra! Get him off the team!"

He's playing well -> "He's good trade bait! Get him off the team!"

Yea, but it's not just him. Because we're all behind the internet wall, we tend to end up using the internet/forums to satisfy our egos by getting people to rally to our agendas (ie. Move Hansen). Some people just take it to such a level that they can't accept being wrong about their feelings (ie. Move Hansen no matter what - good or bad playing).

• 1 month later...

Well, as we're coming up to the end of the season let's summarize: Jannik "Hands of Stone" Hansen has 25 points in 44 games. He's been one of the harder working players on a nightly basis and I think a third line of Higgins - Roy - Hansen will look very good come playoff time.

Earlier this year I said that I would consider 20 points a good season so Hansen has surpassed my expectations.

Thoughts on the Honey Badger this season?

Same as last year, he cools off tremendously towards the last quarter of the season, not nearly as noticable right now.

He's had about a million chances to score this season, and only finishes a small fraction of those chances. Speed yes, hands-of-stone still - YES, despite the 25 points. If his hands ever catch up to his feet, he'd be a serious threat. The word I think of when I think of Hansen of FRUSTRATING.

• 2 weeks later...

Same as last year, he cools off tremendously towards the last quarter of the season, not nearly as noticable right now.

He's had about a million chances to score this season, and only finishes a small fraction of those chances. Speed yes, hands-of-stone still - YES, despite the 25 points. If his hands ever catch up to his feet, he'd be a serious threat. The word I think of when I think of Hansen of FRUSTRATING.

The guy is expected to be a 3rd line forward. 0.5ppg is not considered frustrating for that purpose, in fact it's great. Every good 3rd line forward is potentially a 2nd line player, but just can't quite get up there - that's reality. That's the reason you can't judge him on what he could be, but on what he is right now.

Hopefully in the future he can improve the hands and move up. However, his cap hit and good defensive play dictates that he is not taking up a roster spot or cap space that would otherwise be better used. This guy is an asset in almost every manner!

Only player that worked hard all year. Lost some momentum playing with Roy - should be re-united with Kesler and Raymond.

But it makes no sense to go after the hardest working player - maybe in the NHL (Notice his draft number).

About a minute to go, the series is nearly tied 1-1, Hansen for the open net.... HANDS OF STONE. Sharks go up in series 2-2.

(Hansen puck-bunnies to come to rescue on why it's not his fault)

Archived