The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Free Agents Who Are Likely Going To July 1St

Are the blue names the one you want the Canucks to sign? If we're lucky we'll probably get 3-5 of them. Although I hope the first things MG does is get 2 second line players, a playmaking winger and a center for while Kesler's out.

You forgot Jokinen, who happens to be the only second line center to hit free agency. Vancouver doesnt seem likely but it depends on if Gillis is willing to wait for Kesler to come back. Either way though Jokinen will get big money from someone.

Greg Zanon would be a good pickup for HHS 3rd pair imo, he'd take Alberts' spot and allow us to move him / send him to Chicago. If we're keeping Luongo we need to stop as much rubber as possible - Zanon is the best available for blocking shots.

shultz - never seen him play but he is supposed to be the best defenseman in north america not playing in the NHL. rumour has it it will come down to edm and van....a great oppurtunity with lots of ice time or play for his hometown and be a up and coming depth player.....1m-2.5m to catch this young stud

please add any names you feel i forgot

i put it in a nutshell.....bob mckenzie said it on tsn a few months back that the oilers will go hard after schultz and schultz would be interested in growing on a young team and schultz will be looking at coming home because he is from here and the canucks were his favourite team growing up.....it does make sense that the canucks and the oilers will be right there until the end

David Jones seems to be a popular choice. Is he from Van? He tweeted: "going home to Vancouver", but Avs site says he's Ont. boy. By looking at his twitter account, not sure he's the biggest fan of Canucks.

I think these guys would be valuable to Canucks:

- Jim Slater

- Jake Dowell

- Garrison

- Shultz

Are the blue names the one you want the Canucks to sign? If we're lucky we'll probably get 3-5 of them. Although I hope the first things MG does is get 2 second line players, a playmaking winger and a center for while Kesler's out.

Archived