The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Awards are embarrassing

I'm sorry, but is anyone else watching this joke of an award show. It is absolutely painful. I know the production is always pretty bushleague but this year takes it to a whole new level. Seriously is that a laugh track on there for all the failed jokes?? It sounds like a laugh track. No wonder the NHL isn't taken seriously in the United States. The mini video montages are some of the worst skits I have ever seen.... I feel embarrassed on behalf of the NHL. WOW......

DIdn't watch it this year, don't particularly care for how they try so hard catering to an American audience... you're not going to attract viewers to an awards show for a sport they don't watch by enlisting semi-known celebrities to help out. I just like knowing who wins what, maybe hear the player's speech, and that's all most hockey fans want to see (I think... I can't speak for everybody though.)

Agreed - the jokes were cheesy and not funny and the whole thing is an example of "trying too hard"

And I don't get why the Jennings, Art Ross, and Rocket Richard winners didn't get to make a speech this year. The NHL would rather waste air time on cheesy skits rather than give the winners a chance to thank the people who got them there!?

I stopped watching in about 5 minutes.

Guest BuckFoston

I just saw the highlight of Lundy giving his speech and read the rest of the winners online. When I turned on the pre-show and Weeks asked Lundqvist "who are you wearing" I knew there was no point to watch any further.

Agreed - the jokes were cheesy and not funny and the whole thing is an example of "trying too hard"

And I don't get why the Jennings, Art Ross, and Rocket Richard winners didn't get to make a speech this year. The NHL would rather waste air time on cheesy skits rather than give the winners a chance to thank the people who got them there!?

I stopped watching in about 5 minutes.

It is brutal, from every aspect.

Most of the Guests they choose know nothing about hockey. Notice how so many of them are "LA Kings fans", yeah I bet they were Bruins fans last year too, nothing but band wagoners, some of them are good but alot probably have never watched a regular season game.

Even the Awards are a joke, There are ton's of people who are deserving of these Awards and never get a nomination, just another ploy to "build the game" in the US.

I also feel bad for Torts and Shanny. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Archived