The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

It's Eklund, he's as "credible" :lol::lol::lol: as... (fill in the blank-- does he secretly work for the Leafs, or some Canucks saboteur?)

If only,

change "Canucks" to "Leafs"

change "gone" to "acquired for 5th overall pick"

who knows though? :frantic: (Def. not Eklund though)

Did anyone else hear the garbage coming from Dreger's mouth about Lack planning on going back to Sweden if Luo or Schneids isn`t traded. Like come on, the more he talks the more he seems he`s rooting for Toronto to `steal` Luo from us for practically nothing...

I think the timing is right i - if another team aside from Toronto, Florida (Columbus and Chicago?) is interested (perhaps Winnipeg or a number of other possibilities ) then it makes sense to let teams know that if they are serious, get your offers on the table now, or miss out - it preempts what Toronto was trying to do yesterday, which is posture, playing games and waste time - a deal now gives the Canucks a clear picture at the draft, time to sign Schneider, and time to prepare for the free agency period, as well as a clearer picture of their cap space.

Really hope it is Winnipeg or Florida - would like to see Luongo in one of those places - love Winnipeg and Luo loves Florida - and both those teams have interesting pieces to offer.

I think the timing is right i - if another team aside from Toronto, Florida (Columbus and Chicago?) is interested (perhaps Winnipeg or a number of other possibilities ) then it makes sense to let teams know that if they are serious, get your offers on the table now, or miss out - it preempts what Toronto was trying to do yesterday, which is posture, playing games and waste time - a deal now gives the Canucks a clear picture at the draft, time to sign Schneider, and time to prepare for the free agency period, as well as a clearer picture of their cap space.

Really hope it is Winnipeg or Florida - would like to see Luongo in one of those places - love Winnipeg and Luo loves Florida - and both those teams have interesting pieces to offer.

Here's a ridiculous idea:

First trade in a sequence of dominoes to fall:

To Buffalo: Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver: Derek Roy, a 1st & a 2nd round pick (one pick this year, one in 2013)

To Anaheim: Ryan Miller & ______?

To Buffalo: Bobby Ryan

To Anaheim: Joffrey Lupul

To Toronto: Jonas Hiller

Archived