The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

And Anaheim ends up with the palindromean one for the third time.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me", fool me thrice shame on ????

Makes sense as it has been said that Alzner was one of the names Gillis was said to be looking for as a return for Hodgson. Although I'd want Johansson rather than Neuvirth.

If they were involved it could be a three way - Miller to Toronto or Florida, Luongo to Buffalo, and... same could be the case with Philly - I could see them making a pitch for Luongo, sending Bryz and an incentive to a third party, and... the Canucks options are greater.

if the gms of any teams are smart, they wouldn't make a play for Luongo or Schneider at the draft and make it more desperate for the canucks to get rid of one of them. i mean unless you are just missing that one piece to go all the way.. why even bother trading just to make the playoff?

When was the last time a high profile goalie won a Stanley Cup?

2012 - Quick - young goalie raising star

2011 - Thomas -old goalie falling star

2010 - Niemi - come out from no where. Still stuck

2009 - Fleury - young goalie raising star

2008 - Osgood - ??? a backup ???

2007 - Giguere - above average (top 10 goalie at that time) what happened after two year?

2006 - Ward - come out from no where.

2005 - Lock out

2004 - Khabilbulin - above average (top 10 goalie at that time) what happened after two year? DUI

2003 - Brodeur - great goalie

For the pass 10 years, I can only say once. That was before the lock out.

Eklund is just a media whore and is trying to get some attention on the Luongo fiascal as well. Grain of Salt.. Who the heck said that any how? Gilman said himself that they are prepared to trade either goalie or keep both of them and there is no hurry to make a decision.

If they were involved it could be a three way - Miller to Toronto or Florida, Luongo to Buffalo, and... same could be the case with Philly - I could see them making a pitch for Luongo, sending Bryz and an incentive to a third party, and... the Canucks options are greater.

What a dumb post. Why would you want any player that's a part of the team you cheer for to fail? Fans like you are Idiots. I appreciate what Luongo has done here and i wish he wouldn't get traded, but in no way does that translate into me hoping Schneider ''sh*t the bed''. Go cheer for whichever team Luongo gets traded to then if that's how your mind works.

If we lose Luongo we lose our cup chances for the next 3 to 4 seasons. Schneider will not bring us a cup with no playoff experience.

Quick took 4 seasons before he stopped sucking ass in the playoffs and put together a quality year, and that was behind solid defensive coaching.

Rinne is still struggling in the playoffs despite having stellar regular seasons.

Young goalies take a long time to develop, and there's only really 2 who have snatched Cups with no experience - Brodeur and Roy. Schneider isn't to be mentionned in the same sentence as these legends, so we should stick with our playoff-veteran Luongo.

Just look at Thomas and Quick - after years of disappointment they finally get it together, putting all their past and experience to use and winning cups. Now just watch, the same will happen to Lundqvist who is using all these losses to grow and learn.

I Heard in the sports news they said some teams are interested in Schneider as well Schneider could gets some offers too like te Bluejackets who need Goaltending like Schneider to CBJ for Rick Nash what do ou gus think about that.?

Archived