The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks to be quiet today, no signings expected

And why would people be complaining about that? No one that has been signed today would be a fit on the Canucks.

People are just way to eager for him to sign someone. I think the less we do today, the better. IMO it means that he's likely going after one of the big name free agents.

P.A. Paranteau would've been a good pickup, 4m/y is reasonable..

Doan waiting till July 9th is a big part of the quietness

To me Doan is on the tops of my list and if this is true than I'm happy if it means Doan signs with us.

Can't believe I woke up early for this :angry:

It's not the worst thing if we don't make any moves today. Nothing worse than a trigger-happy signing. But I hope that some moves are at least in the works for later on in the process. We can't just stand still while everyone else works to improve their teams.

And why would people be complaining about that? No one that has been signed today would be a fit on the Canucks.

People are just way to eager for him to sign someone. I think the less we do today, the better. IMO it means that he's likely going after one of the big name free agents.

Can't believe I woke up early for this :angry:

It's not the worst thing if we don't make any moves today. Nothing worse than a trigger-happy signing. But I hope that some moves are at least in the works for later on in the process. We can't just stand still while everyone else works to improve their teams.

I thought MG would atleast sign some depth by acquiring Matt Carkner.. or even Konopka.

He would've been great in the payback match against the dirt Hawks...

When all the good depth players are gone, were gonna get stuck with the Duco's Pinozotto and Mancari type signings again.. sigh MG friggin dissapointing.

Archived