The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

Garrison's big minutes in Florida during the 2010-11 season helped mold him into the player he is today.

The guy was their #1 d-man in a corps with Kulikov, Weaver, Ellerby, Sulzer... They traded Wideman, Allen, McCabe.

On a side-note, he's more defensive then offensive.. Please don't except him to put up 50+ points. :lol:

Garrison's big minutes in Florida during the 2010-11 season helped mold him into the player he is today.

The guy was their #1 d-man in a corps with Kulikov, Weaver, Ellerby, Sulzer... They traded Wideman, Allen, McCabe.

On a side-note, he's more defensive then offensive.. Please don't except him to put up 50+ points. :lol:

Lefty who plays on the right I believe. He did get help from Campbell to inflate his numbers but he will be getting that and more from the Sedins. Slight overpayment but we needed him and we'll be presently surprised how solid this guy is.

Now all we need is Lu for Bjugstad + Theodore + pick and I'll be a happy man.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see how this goes as the term and hit are significant, but he's got good size and he's a local boy... as far as "winning right now" goes, he's probably a better for us than Schultz.

If he can play solid defensive hockey and bring his bomb from the point, I can see him having a successful year.

(35 points, 10 goals, +20?) I'd live with that.

This guy is solid defensively, with offensive upside and powerplay effectiveness... He will bring his big shot when needed, and his defensive prowess will allow Edler to be more offensive as well... Just imagine the Sedins setting up that shot... Also, he is big, strong, he hits a lot, blocks lots of shots, and is a smart player...

4.6 million is a good deal for a home town boy who will be stoked and have something to prove to his home town fans...

I don't know why people are complaining about him being an over payment... The free agent market contains over payments for players that are sought after by many teams... TSN had him as the 6th best UFA I believe... He played 23+ minutes per game for the Panthers and played on the first unit PK and got over 2 minutes of PP time per game... He has really high corsi ratings the past two years, and he plays against the top opposition each game... Just imagine how solid our top 4 will be now... Him and Hamhuis will seriously make our PK so solid (plus Burrows and Kesler)

Every year I go from "omg gillis=god," then reality checks like this happen. Gillis is not god. He can't stop Salo, and Schultz from getting three and a half million dollar a year contracts. I don't think this is a deal that he feels really good about.

I've only really read the boards at times like this and maybe playoffs. Today i decided to post and share some of my thoughts. only to realise that the majority of posts on here are from retarded kids.....

Archived