The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

Okay time for knoxdown's personal drunken Canada Day opinion.

-I am excited as he is much more local than me (Windsor ON)

-He has been playing above avg. TOI for the last two years

-He had an excellent campaign both on the right side last year, and left side the year before

-His shot rivals Salo's

-He was a plus player

-He has a large amount of PP points, and will probably have more playing with Sedin-Sedin-Kesler-Edler.

-He is DASHINGLY handsome (comfortable with my sexuality THANK you very much!)

Yup. Early in the season Garrison was a poolie's wet dream. Then reality sunk in and teams started playing Florida a bit harder.

Let there be no mistake: $4.6mil IS an overpayment. But on July 1st, everything is. Still manageable for the 3rd-best defender available.

TOML

I dunno about this guy...my initial thought is that this is an overpayment, this guy had ONE decent year and he gets a ridiculous contract... Another MG blunder just like Ballard...and for F sakes stop signing or trading for Florida players

He's had one good year in 2.5 years of his career...that might not as bad as some of the ppl on here think. Of course there's risk, every signing has risk. I remember ppl saying we overpaid for the Sedins when they resigned...and then they brought us back to back art ross and president's trophies.

We now have 5 LH defensemen and 2 RH defensemen. Obviously, that means we will be trading Edler and acquiring Weber.

Why trade Edler and not Ballard? Because we could get A LOT in return for Edler, and we likely wouldn't be able to afford both Weber and Edler beyond this season. And plus, we might have to give up Edler in the Weber trade anyhow.

Yup. Early in the season Garrison was a poolie's wet dream. Then reality sunk in and teams started playing Florida a bit harder.

Let there be no mistake: $4.6mil IS an overpayment. But on July 1st, everything is. Still manageable for the 3rd-best defender available.

TOML

If he's the real deal and plays the same kinda hockey he did last season, 10+ goals and tough checks all around, then the money is well spent. But I am so worried he's going to end up like Vanilla Ice... I hope I'm wrong about this...

Archived