The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jason Garrison

I don't know why anybody is worried with the 6 years....players can always be traded. It's not your money so who cares. Solid dman for the 4th spot....

Would love to see malholtra and Raymond gone. I still think Ballard is underrated and if he is given consistent playing time he can impress

I don't know why anybody is worried with the 6 years....players can always be traded. It's not your money so who cares. Solid dman for the 4th spot....

Would love to see malholtra and Raymond gone. I still think Ballard is underrated and if he is given consistent playing time he can impress

We have just under $6-million in cap room. Realistically that gives us enough to re-sign a few players like Weise and Bitz who are entering free agency and maybe add some depth. We can argue over whether we overpaid for Garrison or not (it's free agency what did you expect) but I think in a few years he will prove to be well worth the money and the term. I really like where we sit after this signing. We have added some size and depth to last years lineup and still have some cap room to add some more depth players if need be.

Obviously we could use another defenseman to replace Rome on our depth chart (Gragnani might fit the bill but I'd rather we had someone a little more defensively responsible) but I think Garrison is a big step in the right direction for us. If we add a few sizable depth players we could really upgrade our team over last years lineup.

I'm also curious as to how Jensen, Gaunce, and Mallet will do in the pre-season. I think if Jensen makes the club he could come up big for us and solve some of our problems in the top-6.

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Jensen*

Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider/Luongo

I like the look of this lineup.

So on paper, we're almost back to where we were in 10-11.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Ehrhoff

Ballard Salo

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

I still think we're one good veteran defenseman away from that.

Archived