The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weber Turns Down 12 Year Offer

Hopefully it pans out like this.

Nashville trades him to a team that overpays, Nashville gets a boatload of young talent in return.

Weber refuses to sign a deal until he's a UFA.

July 1st, 2013 Weber signs with Vancouver on a 6 year deal worth $10 million per.

If Weber is traded...he'll fetch a Pronger-like ransom. I'm thinking...top 4D, top 6F, prospect, and two 1st round picks.

So...I'd low-ball the first offer (and hope Poile isn't paying attention). If that's rejected, then increase until the maximum VAN is willing to part with. Hopefully it's somewhere in the middle.

All options include 1st 2013 and 1st 2014...

#1) Ballard, Raymond, Schroeder

#2) Ballard, Booth, Schroeder

#3) Ballard, Raymond, Kassian

#4) Ballard, Booth, Kassian

#5) Edler, Raymond, Schroeder

#6) Edler, Booth, Schroeder

#7) Edler, Raymond, Kassian

#8) Edler, Booth, Kassian

If Weber is traded...he'll fetch a Pronger-like ransom.  I'm thinking...top 4D, top 6F, prospect, and two 1st round picks.

So...I'd low-ball the first offer (and hope Poile isn't paying attention).  If that's rejected, then increase until the maximum VAN is willing to part with.  Hopefully it's somewhere in the middle.

If he's available, I hope the nucks go for him

I'd mortgage the farm for him...

Jensen, Shredder, Gaunce Tanev, Kassian, Sauve, 1st Rounder, 2nd Rounder (whatever it takes)

To clear up cap space, trade luongo, ballard, raymond away (and with Kesler on LTIR, we'd get some more room too)

We literally wont have a farm team or depth after this but then we'd become an absolute dynasty imo

I don't know if it's apparent but I'm a huge fan of Weber's game

I don't understand your reasoning about Weber costing a fortune. Poile is in a horribly weak negociating position. Hamhuis and Suter both walked as UFA's. Weber can walk next July. Poile has to trade him since he has not extended and by all appearances will not with the Preds. Weber holds all the chips. All he has to do is refuse to extend with any potential trading partner and the acquiring team then knows they are getting a rental. Weber's value in a potential deal then sinks.

If Gillis goes to Poile and offers him Edler if Weber extends then the deal becomes possible. If it was Weber's intent to come to Van as a UFA anyways then offering Edler would be overpayment. I am suggesting this deal because getting him this year puts Van into a serious compete mode for the CUP. It also might swing Doan into the fold as well. After all if Parise and Suter can combo into Minny why not a similiar deal with Weber and Doan?

If Weber is traded...he'll fetch a Pronger-like ransom. I'm thinking...top 4D, top 6F, prospect, and two 1st round picks.

So...I'd low-ball the first offer (and hope Poile isn't paying attention). If that's rejected, then increase until the maximum VAN is willing to part with. Hopefully it's somewhere in the middle.

Archived