The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Any game commercial where they show practically no actual gameplay should put up red flags for the purchaser. Kaepers being blind does explain some of his passes though...

They have released a lot of gameplay videos and promotional videos including game play already. This was just a fun marketing ploy to draw some more attention to the game, and I would say it's been pretty succesful (the "movie" has more than 3x the views of the other Madden videos uploaded by EA).

Edited by Jägermeister

Just preseason of course but the mystery Eagles have looked promising. 2 games so far outscoring the opposing teams a combined 76-27 and 47-3 in the first half of each game. Although only 1 drive Bradford gave me a really good feeling.

Just preseason of course but the mystery Eagles have looked promising. 2 games so far outscoring the opposing teams a combined 76-27 and 47-3 in the first half of each game. Although only 1 drive Bradford gave me a really good feeling.

only had a few chances this game after not playing since 2013, I'm sure he'll get better. Also had to worry about pos Suggs going for his knees and saying

"If you want to run a read option with a starting qb that has had 2 knee surgeries, thats on you."

After Peters called him out

only had a few chances this game after not playing since 2013, I'm sure he'll get better. Also had to worry about pos Suggs going for his knees and saying

"If you want to run a read option with a starting qb that has had 2 knee surgeries, thats on you."

After Peters called him out

He's right. If your gonna run the read option, expect to get hit. After the Suggs hit, Bradford got smoked a couple plays later by Brandon Williams. Dude looks fragile af. Pope couldn't bless him enough lmao

But yeah that may have been a dirty hit. Bradford turning makes it look even worse. If Suggs is going for the knees, imagine what division rivals will do. Bradford won't last half the season imo

• Upvote 1

He's right. If your gonna run the read option, expect to get hit. After the Suggs hit, Bradford got smoked a couple plays later by Brandon Williams. Dude looks fragile af. Pope couldn't bless him enough lmao

But yeah that may have been a dirty hit. Bradford turning makes it look even worse. If Suggs is going for the knees, imagine what division rivals will do. Bradford won't last half the season imo

Te be honest I think Suggs looks like a bonehead on all levels in regards to that play. Outside of the fact that he completely misread the play he is now running his mouth telling people to, "learn the rules." A remark that makes utterly no sense considering Suggs was in fact penalized for that hit, not because he hit Bradford, but because he targeted Bradford's knees. A rule that has been around 6-7 years now as I am sure everyone remembers it as the, "Brady Rule." If anyone needs to learn the rules it is the Ravens who racked up 17 penalties in that game alone.

I am not worried about Bradford though. Suggs hit was illegal I doubt the division rivals are simply going to say hey lets just start taking illegal runs at all our rivals knees and I don't think Bradford is fragile because of the Williams hit. It was a big hit anyone would have felt that for a few plays but Bradford popped back up and lead them for a TD.

Plus keep in mind the NFC East unfortunately wasn't exactly a division full of menacing defenses. The highest ranked YPG team was the Cowboys and they were only 19th overall in the NFL (28th in sacks). The Eagles (who obviously don't play themselves) and the Giants were the only 2 teams that got after the QB well (Ravens were #2 in sacks for reference). Yet the Giants still didn't get after the Eagles QB's much given how lopsided those games were and Greg Hardy should help the Cowboys 28th ranked sack defense but keep in mind he will miss the 1st game due to suspension and even when he returns he has to face Jason Peters one of the better OL in the NFL.

New season will bring new stats but I am not overly worried about Sam's health just because he took 1 big hit (something that will happen to every QB). QB's who get hit a lot are the ones you have to worry about health wise so unless that becomes a trend no reason to worry, he is a QB who has played behind some lines in the past where he has taken a lot of hits and managed decently health wise so I don't think he is overly fragile. He just had that unfortunate ACL tear followed by that bad rehab stint. As long as it is healed now he should be fine (it has been over a year now).

• Upvote 1

Noones complaining that he got hit, complaining because he went for the knees in a preseason game, and it was a dirty hit, hence the 15 yard penalty (Suggs already has a history of cheap shots)

Imagine what division rivals will do? You mean the ones with RG3 (Fragile) and Romo (Back problems) I'm sure they wouldn't want to make their QBs a target

@SportsCenter:

Former Colts WR Reggie Wayne is visiting with the Patriots today and will take a physical. http://t.co/8bFVlk0MRJ

@CockyTomBrady:

We're gonna sign Reggie Wayne, make sure he gets 4 touchdowns against the Colts then cut him.

David Portnoy

David Portnoy – ‏@stoolpresidente

@stoolpresidente:

Matt Patricia wearing "The North Remembers" tshirt means only 1 thing. #prayforthenfl http://store.barstoolsports.com/

rip indy

I'm a horrible human being. As bad as I felt for Nelson, I was glad I have Cobb. Lol.

That sucks. Seahawks are headed to anotber sb.

Arizona's going to give them a run for the division. Cowboys and Packers may very well also get the NFCCG at home rather than in Seattle. Seattle's chances definitely improved, but Rodgers still has Lacy, Cobb, Adams and their standout rookie Montgomery. QB's have taken their teams to SBs with a lot less firepower.

BEREA, Ohio -- Joe Thomas does not think the punishment fits the crime in the "Deflategate" saga.

"I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 [mph] in a 65 speed zone, and getting the death penalty," Thomas said Sunday after the Cleveland Browns' training camp practice.

The Pro Bowl left tackle said Brady does not even deserve to be fined, but added that what Goodell is doing is "brilliant."

"I'm not sure if he realizes what he's doing is brilliant, but what he's doing is brilliant because he's made the NFL relevant 365 [days] by having these outrageous, ridiculous witch hunts," Thomas said. "It's made the game more popular than ever and it's become so much more of an entertainment business and it's making so much money.

The support from other NFL team's players train continues to chug along.

• Upvote 1

The loss of Nelson hurts but the Packers were the #1 offense in the NFL last year averaging 30.4 points per game. He was important but he hardly made that offense. They will still be one of the better offenses in the NFL without him.

Seattle would have been the favorites in the NFC entering the season ether way but I don't think they are a sure thing at all. The way they got to the Super Bowl last year was ugly and maybe even a little bit lucky. The first game they played was against the Panthers who had all of 7 wins all season. Pretty much a free win yet the Panthers kept it a 17-10 game into the 4th quarter. They then beat an impressive team in Green Bay 28-22 but this was also an ugly game. Rodgers had 2 INTs and under 200 yards passing. None of Nelson or Lacy did much to help. But Wilson helped the Packers by throwing 4 INTs. They managed to avoid Dallas who beat them already and Detroit who had the #2 defense in the NFL.

Basically Seattle didn't look like a scary team they showed a lot of flaws that could likely cost them if they keep it up. IMO I could see 6 teams emerge in the NFC as threats to knock them off.

If Arizona stays healthy I like their chances. They can make a run. Deep at every position and a great coach.

Also, Devante Adams will break out this year. He's a good WR and now will be the #2 guy in GB.

Edited by Madness

If Arizona stays healthy I like their chances. They can make a run. Deep at every position and a great coach.

Also, Devante Adams will break out this year. He's a good WR and now will be the #2 guy in GB.

Yep same here. And tbh, idk why Arizona wouldn't take a flyer on Rice or any team for that matter. I mean they make it seem like you're not allowed to mess up in life and as brutal as that video of him was, it's not as bad (imo) as what others have done being accused of DUI, Drugs, etc and still getting a second chance. Rice was a top 3 RB in the league. Sure he messed up but time to let him back in.

In the NHL. Kane's rape accusation (a serious serious case yea I understand but saying this just as example). If Kane is found guilty (as horrible as that would be), no way the Hawks let him go and release him. They'll hold on to him, take the necessary measures and once he's done his time, they'll bring him back. If he's released (which I highly doubt) every team is ready to take him. Don't know why they aren't doing this with Rice in the NFL. A much less severe incident and though the video is concerning, again others have done worse and have been give 2nd/3rd chances and flourished.

Yep same here. And tbh, idk why Arizona wouldn't take a flyer on Rice or any team for that matter. I mean they make it seem like you're not allowed to mess up in life and as brutal as that video of him was, it's not as bad (imo) as what others have done being accused of DUI, Drugs, etc and still getting a second chance. Rice was a top 3 RB in the league. Sure he messed up but time to let him back in.

In the NHL. Kane's rape accusation (a serious serious case yea I understand but saying this just as example). If Kane is found guilty (as horrible as that would be), no way the Hawks let him go and release him. They'll hold on to him, take the necessary measures and once he's done his time, they'll bring him back. If he's released (which I highly doubt) every team is ready to take him. Don't know why they aren't doing this with Rice in the NFL. A much less severe incident and though the video is concerning, again others have done worse and have been give 2nd/3rd chances and flourished.

Exactly. Chicago won't release Kane even if he's found guilty.

I'm still kinda pissed we released Rice. Forsett is good but just imagine a healthy freaking Rice behind that oline. Oh well.

Whatever team picks him up will get a huge steal.

I'm not sure why you guys think Kane's job/career is safe if he is found guilty. Especially if the details come out to be extremely disturbing.

As for Ray Rice IMO his prime days are over. Modern RBs have short shelf lives and usually start to decline fast and hard around 1500 carries/late 20's with the exception of a few exceptions. Rice is going on 29 with 1430 carries and was unimpressive his last NFL season playing 15 games but only mustering 660 yards on 3.1 yards per carry.