The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

How is Madden 16?

Thought about picking it up yesterday, haven't bought Madden since Madden 25 the year I got my PS4, and it was terrible. So I when I saw it at Best Buy yesterday, I just looked at it, then the price tag, then back it, and remembered how terrible Madden 25 was, and didn't get it.

Im on ps4 and it freezes after every Franchise Connected Game. But at least this year the game gets saved before it crashes. Thanks EA.

There's new throwing mechanic- lob, bullet, touch, high, and low. Also new catching mechanics. Other than that gameplay is the same.

I havent played Madden since 2008. Tell me what is different about it if anything? BTW I prefer to sim it in franchise mode.

Also I will eat my crow on the Bradford/Suggs thing though I still find the rule to be odd.

Im on ps4 and it freezes after every Franchise Connected Game. But at least this year the game gets saved before it crashes. Thanks EA.

There's new throwing mechanic- lob, bullet, touch, high, and low. Also new catching mechanics. Other than that gameplay is the same.

Won't get it then. Sounds just like Madden 25 with a couple of minor add ons. The new throwing mechanic doesn't sound all that fancy considering before you could change the type of throw by holding the pass button longer for a bullet, tap it for a lob, and use the analog stick to throw it high or low/lead your receiver inside or out.

I'll probably go with NHL 16 this year. Haven't bought an NHL game since NHL 12, so even if from 15 to 16 there wasn't a major difference, for me it's going directly from 12 to 16 so it should be perceived as awesome.

Let's see how good you guys are at spotting things. This is the Pugulas' (Sabres and Bills owner) Buffalo Bills/Buffalo Sabres dog named, "Sabre".

Now see if you can spot what is so very wrong with this picture. Hint: It has nothing to do with the Sabretooth doll.

CNWNbfcWgAAmHXv.jpg

Edited by SabreFan1

Let's see how good you guys are at spotting things. This is the Buffalo Bills/Buffalo Sabres dog that the owners (Pegula family) named, "Sabre".

Now see if you can spot what is so very wrong with this picture. Hint: It has nothing to do with the Sabretooth doll.

CNWNbfcWgAAmHXv.jpg

Looks like the dog has a piece of the doll in his mouth, but other than that I don't have a clue.

Looks like the dog has a piece of the doll in his mouth, but other than that I don't have a clue.

I had to edit my original post to mention that the Pegulas (owners of Sabres/Bills) own the dog.

Now zoom in on what you think is a piece of the doll on his mouth.

The steelers logo :bigblush:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

If the Steelers' fanbase gets a hold of the picture of the dog with a Steeler tag on his collar, they are really going to have some fun with it before the upcoming game.

It's on the Sabres' Twitter account.

Edited by SabreFan1

If he can stay healthy he will be good. Big if though.

IMO if he is healthy he will be great.

But as far as health goes I think it is a larger concern than needs to be. He is a QB who has taken a lot of hits before it is just his ACL that has been the recent issue. A common injury many players especially QB's come back from it. It just seemed he came back to fast and it wasn't ready. But as of now it has been over a year since he injured it again. He is also playing behind a strong offensive line and one of the best run happy offenses supporting him. He is also reading the defenses fast and getting rid of the ball fast. IMO pending a freak incident he should be healthy. I don't think his ACL will just give out.

Eagles look legit though I am expecting them to content in the NFC. Outscoring the opponents 86-17 in the first half of all 3 games combined when most starters played. It is preseason but they look almost flawless with the big guns.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

If the Steelers' fanbase gets a hold of the picture of the dog with a Steeler tag on his collar, they are really going to have some fun with it before the upcoming game.

It's on the Sabres' Twitter account.

I was going to say that it was a guy with Pegula's kind of money still has shag carpet in his house....

Nice win against the Steelers last night, BTW. Even though it's just pre-season, I thought both Taylor and Manuel looked good.

So who's the starter? Taylor?