The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Held my league's draft tonight. 12 teams, 16 rounds. What do you guys think of my team? Had pick #3, snake order.

QB: Brady - round 6

WR: AJ Green - round 2

WR: Cooks - round 3

WR: Edelman - round 5

RB: Lacy - round 1

RB: Hyde - round 4

TE: Eifert - round 8

W/R/T: Allen Robinson - round 7

W/R/T: Devonta Freeman - round 9

K: Gano

D/ST: KC

Bench: TE Ertz - round 10

Bench: WR Wheaton - round 11

Bench: WR Wright - round 12

Bench: RB Crowell - round 13

Bench: RB Cobb - round 14

IMO if he is healthy he will be great.

But as far as health goes I think it is a larger concern than needs to be. He is a QB who has taken a lot of hits before it is just his ACL that has been the recent issue. A common injury many players especially QB's come back from it. It just seemed he came back to fast and it wasn't ready. But as of now it has been over a year since he injured it again. He is also playing behind a strong offensive line and one of the best run happy offenses supporting him. He is also reading the defenses fast and getting rid of the ball fast. IMO pending a freak incident he should be healthy. I don't think his ACL will just give out.

Eagles look legit though I am expecting them to content in the NFC. Outscoring the opponents 86-17 in the first half of all 3 games combined when most starters played. It is preseason but they look almost flawless with the big guns.

Sanchez looked good today as the backup as well. Tebow not so much lol. Dude still cant read a blitz even when its undisguised for Fs sake.

Held my league's draft tonight. 12 teams, 16 rounds. What do you guys think of my team? Had pick #3, snake order.

QB: Brady - round 6

WR: AJ Green - round 2

WR: Cooks - round 3

WR: Edelman - round 5

RB: Lacy - round 1

RB: Hyde - round 4

TE: Eifert - round 8

W/R/T: Allen Robinson - round 7

W/R/T: Devonta Freeman - round 9

K: Gano

D/ST: KC

Bench: TE Ertz - round 10

Bench: WR Wheaton - round 11

Bench: WR Wright - round 12

Bench: RB Crowell - round 13

Bench: RB Cobb - round 14

Pretty thin behind lacy and hyde. I feel like you probably reached for eifert, but i won't take a TE until at least round 10 (unless gronk falls or something).

Overall looks good and I like your starters

No backup QB? That's risky.

Waiting to find out what's happening with Brady first. If he misses any games, going to drop one of my fringe RB's for Bridgewater or someone, someone that can produce a respectable amount of points at the start of the season.

Pretty thin behind lacy and hyde. I feel like you probably reached for eifert, but i won't take a TE until at least round 10 (unless gronk falls or something).

Overall looks good and I like your starters

Yeah, I'm banking on Freeman winning the job in ATL and Cobb winning the job in TEN lol. I know Cleveland staff doesn't like Crowell, but he's been their best RB this pre-season so hopefully they at least are fair to him.

No backup QB? That's risky.

Playing risky is often more productive than conservative. It is rare that the champion comes out as the most basic owner. With that said QB IMO is a deep position. I don't see much benefit in taking 2 of them in the draft unless they are both taken early. Otherwise you can play match ups on weeks your starter is hurt or suspended or has a brutal match up. At least that has worked out for me. TBH I usually don't even take a QB until the later rounds. I feel games are often won based on depth scoring.

On a side note I am shaky on Lacy at #3. He may do well but I am nervous about him living up to that praise.

Edited by Baka

So if Washington cuts RGIII where does he go?

I doubt he gets cut and given how close it is to the season opener I doubt he would be offered a starting job with anyone but that aside the Jets, Texans, Browns and Bills may be the only 4 teams he may get a chance to earn a starting spot on.

I doubt he gets cut and given how close it is to the season opener I doubt he would be offered a starting job with anyone but that aside the Jets, Texans, Browns and Bills may be the only 4 teams he may get a chance to earn a starting spot on.

They're saying it's very likely he gets cut because they can't afford to pay him his 16 mill next year.

Doubt the Browns and Bills bring him in. Texans and Jets however I can easily see him being on.

RG3 complete idiot. Ruined his own career. Best QB in the NFL eh. Good luck in bust city.

They're saying it's very likely he gets cut because they can't afford to pay him his 16 mill next year.

It will depend on how the team views him which seems to be a debate between the coaches and front office now. If he is starting and seen as the franchise QB then they would keep him but if he is benched than he would get cut. As of now I don't see why they would cut him though unless they are agreed that he is no longer the QB they want to start. The Skins certainly aren't strangers to throwing money at lousy players though like Haynesworth and Archuleta.

Doubt the Browns and Bills bring him in. Texans and Jets however I can easily see him being on.

RG3 complete idiot. Ruined his own career. Best QB in the NFL eh. Good luck in bust city.

I mainly just mean when you look at the starters in the NFL those are the only 4 teams that might give him a fair chance to earn a starting job. None of those teams have established starters or high end talent prospects at QB. Outside of those teams everyone else is pretty comfortable with who is starting.

Browns maybe. Never know about Chip Kelly

I could see Chip possibly giving him a chance but it is unlikely RG3 tops Bradford for a starting spot. He doesn't really fit the system well.