The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

So heading into today, all my players played and my friend had AP and Bridgewater still. All he needed was 16.01 points to win (16.00 to tie) and he lost by 1.96 points. Peterson got 5.20 points and Bridgewater got 8.84 :lol:

...and btw, I didn't get a chance to see the 49ers game but is Hyde the real deal? Had him on my bench playing Randle and Forsett over him and he seems to have had a very good game and Twitter lots of people hyping his performance. Anyone know if he's a 1 hit wonder or legit starter?

So heading into today, all my players played and my friend had AP and Bridgewater still. All he needed was 16.01 points to win (16.00 to tie) and he lost by 1.96 points. Peterson got 5.20 points and Bridgewater got 8.84 :lol:

...and btw, I didn't get a chance to see the 49ers game but is Hyde the real deal? Had him on my bench playing Randle and Forsett over him and he seems to have had a very good game and Twitter lots of people hyping his performance. Anyone know if he's a 1 hit wonder or legit starter?

Legit starter if you ask me. Bush got injured as expected and rugby boy didn't have a good debut. Should get 20+ carries a game on a normal Sunday.

Even looking back at his OSU days I was so certain he was NFL material with the power he runs with. Impressed me with his speed and quickness today too.

Scored 30 points today in a standard scoring system!!!!

• Upvote 1

They rotated a couple of snaps early on with Bush and Hayne especially on third downs, but after that it was all Hyde once he started getting 5+ yards each carry. Redzone was all him from what I saw.

If you want stats he had 26/32 of SF carries and 2/3 of SF RB catches.

• Upvote 1

Screw Suh but Pacman Jones should be suspended 4 games at the least. Took Amari Cooper to the ground, Cooper's helmet came off, Jones grabbed his head and smashed it against his helmet. Like wtf!!? If I was in the game I would beat the crap out of Jones. Don't do stuff like that and beyond me why no one backed up Cooper.

Knowing the NFL he won't be suspended though..

That was garbage. Pac man should be suspended... but like you said there is little chance that the NFL is actually going to do anything about it...

They rotated a couple of snaps early on with Bush and Hayne especially on third downs, but after that it was all Hyde once he started getting 5+ yards each carry. Redzone was all him from what I saw.

If you want stats he had 26/32 of SF carries and 2/3 of SF RB catches.

Hayne has a lot of promise, I just hope he doesn't muff any more punts like that.

And what is the obsession with him being Australian? I get it that Australians are rare in the NFL, but hearing all these gut wrenching "oi m8", "shrimp on the barbie", and "down under" jokes during every Niner broadcast in preseason and last night are just terrible. If they're going to spend that much time yapping about Australia the least they can do is learn better jokes, or more about Australia in general. It does really emphasize the stereotype that Americans are very stupid about other countries.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2015/09/14/professor-attacks-nfl-for-framegate-and-its-glorious/

Professor attacks NFL for Framegate and its glorious

http://youtu.be/wls6WT0DrFM

This is the "60 Minutes Sports" interview we referenced on Dale & Holley with Thornton last week, which finally is available online. Terrible video quality aside, this is one of the best, most scathing takedowns of the NFL's handling of Framegate we've seen on any national program. The fact that this attack on Roger Goodell and his evil minions is coming not from a Patriots fan but from New York law school professor and former prosecutor Robert Blecker, who actually roots against the Pats, makes it all the more credible.

Professor Blecker may hate the Patriots, but unlike the cyberbullies and the "You know Brady did something" crowd in the media, he hates injustice more. Its a long clip, so if you don't have time to watch the whole thing, I suggest you skip to the 4:15 mark and check out the way the two pressure gauges were presented in the Wells Report. It's another thing we've mentioned on the air, but it really requires a visual. Look at that slight of hand, optical illusion, trick photography way they "measured" the length of the needles and tell me that it wasn't Ted Wells and the crooked pseudoscience firm he hired skewing the truth. With phony methods like that I could hire Exponent to say I'm Ron Jeremy, but it wouldn't make it true. And the only reason you pull a forgery like that is because you've got something to hide. And it's refreshing to hear someone from outside of New England saying it.

I especially love the way the good professor ends the interview, with a verbal smackdown that doesn't leave a piece of meat on the bones of anyone who wants to argue that Brady only got off on a technicality: "The defects in this investigation have nothing to do with technicalities. The defects in this investigation undermine the finding of guilt. The defects, the bias in this investigation tends to support the innocence. In this whodunnit, I think, the most probable correct answer is: Nobody. It wasn't done. It never happened."

Bravo. Granted it's what I've been saying from the beginning, but I won't pick nits. Blecker is a brilliant educator and experienced prosecutor who agrees with me, and that's all I need. Well, that and the way he credits bloggers for getting the truth out. As long as we are winning the hearts and minds of influential voices like Professor Blecker's, there is hope for the rest of the world as well.

And the final nails in the coffin of framegate. Not that scientists and professors didn't say this during the investigation but on air makes it that much sweeter. For all the butthurt pats haters like Mak and co, game, set, match. This coming from a professor from NY who hates the Pats and is a hometown fan...honestly, still wouldn't surprise me if Mak can't accept it. Logic/facts/science < personal bias opinion is his rational :lol:

http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2015/09/14/professor-attacks-nfl-for-framegate-and-its-glorious/

And the final nails in the coffin of framegate. Not that scientists and professors didn't say this during the investigation but on air makes it that much sweeter. For all the butthurt pats haters like Mak and co, game, set, match. This coming from a professor from NY who hates the Pats and is a hometown fan...honestly, still wouldn't surprise me if Mak can't accept it. Logic/facts/science < personal bias opinion is his rational :lol:

Well that's that... Better give the Pats the #1 overall pick in next years draft as compensation. Gonna be hilarious when Goddell hands Kraft another Lombardi trophy in Feb. haha

Marshawn Lynch's mom says Darrell Bevell should be fired. Mom knows best.

I go further then that and fire Carroll too for SB call and the knucklehead decision to on-side kick in OT against Rams.

http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2015/09/15/marshawns-mama-wants-seahawks-play-caller-fired/72320862/

SEATTLE - Ever since "that call" in Super Bowl XLIX, many Seahawks fans have called on the team to fire offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

After Sunday's loss in St. Louis, you can add Marshawn Lynch's mama to that list.

Delisa Lynch, mother of Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch, let loose on Facebook Monday night.

"how many times did russell get sacked yesterday," wrote Lynch. "dont worry i will wait on the answer.

"it was totally different at the superbowl the line was better than yesterday no blocking and to the offense caller who should have been fired yes i said it Fired !!! He is the worst play caller ever," she continued.

Lynch, who didn't get the ball on the goal line in the Super Bowl, was given the ball on a 4th and 1 in overtime Sunday. He was stuffed behind the line and Seattle lost 34-31. The Seahawks offensive line, with three players in new positions, struggled against the Rams. They gave up six sacks.

"the only reason he called that dumb (expletive) play yesterday is to be able to justify the 1 yard that wasn't called in the superbowl ,but most fans already figured this out . were still on a mission but i know the Seahawks staff loves that play caller more than a win ,go figure," Lynch goes on to say.

Even with all that, she had a positive message at the end.

"I love this team and will stand up to anybody who tries to destroy it boom!!!!"

The post was removed just before noon Tuesday, but Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times posted a screen grab of itbefore that happened.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said the team had been successful earlier in the game with the play that was called.

"We had been making two and three yards on that all day long. That was a play we had been making all throughout the day, and it worked well. I don't know how they got the penetration, but they did and we weren't able to knock it in," said Carroll.

Holy cr*p my friend hit a 13 game parlay. Only games he didn't bet on because they were too close were Sea/Stl, Ind/Buf and Kc/Hou.

Beers are on him next time.

God the odds of doing that are next to impossible. Even if you know your stuff, things happen, bad games happen to good teams or bad teams overachieve. Good for him though.

Marshawn Lynch's mom says Darrell Bevell should be fired. Mom knows best.

I go further then that and fire Carroll too for SB call and the knucklehead decision to on-side kick in OT against Rams.

http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2015/09/15/marshawns-mama-wants-seahawks-play-caller-fired/72320862/

Except I believe Pete when he says that the kick wasn't meant to be an onside kick. With the new OT rules there really is little to gain with a successful onside kick.

Except I believe Pete when he says that the kick wasn't meant to be an onside kick. With the new OT rules there really is little to gain with a successful onside kick.

I don't know... if you look at the replay, Hauschka was thinking onside kick the whole way, he slowed down his stride as he approached the ball and his back swing with his kicking leg was shallow and slow like you would do to execute an onside kick.

Hauschka may have misunderstood what Carroll told him to do, but from the get go Hauschka was thinking onside kick the whole way.