The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Just now, Jiggs50 said:

Didn't say it made him a hofer. Just said he's not overrated. Like come on your a Pats fan. You should know. If there's 1 qb in the entire league capable of winning in Foxborough come playoff time, its Flacco.  

Overpaid? Maybe. But I'd rather be paying him for winning a sb than dudes who can throw 30+ tds and still never win jack in the playoffs.

He's being paid 23 million and can't throw at a 1.8 TD's per game pace. THAT is over rated. If he was making a middle of the pack salary, he'd be getting exactly what he deserves and no one would question it.  

Do you really think it's smart for a team to reward a guy for 6 years for winning 1 Super Bowl? 

5 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

He's being paid 23 million and can't throw at a 1.8 TD's per game pace. THAT is over rated. If he was making a middle of the pack salary, he'd be getting exactly what he deserves and no one would question it.  

Do you really think it's smart for a team to reward a guy for 6 years for winning 1 Super Bowl? 

I'd say yes. That sb was worth it.

Flaccos a playoff qb. Just need to get in and he turns into Joe Montana. It's the weirdest transformation ever.

Edited by Jiggs50

21 hours ago, Green Building said:

You must be new to the CDC NFL thread. It's %50 Pats talk, %11 Seattle talk, then pretty even the rest of the way. 

Gronk is a player most teams would love to have. Now that Graham is almost being regularly used in Seattle there isn't really a need for him, but I'd still take him over Jimmy if it came down to it. Not that it ever would.

True enough but he's not a Seahawk so I gotta dislike him. It's a principal thing.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Green Building said:

I honestly don't know. Let's take a moment to think about how many people laughed at Bradford going to the Vikings. There's got to be an off the chart choice hiding somewhere.

Convince Peyton Manning out of retirement?   Some report say that Ben could be available from 2 weeks or up to 6 weeks.  

Edited by Neversummer

1 minute ago, Neversummer said:

Convince Peyton Manning out of retirement?   Some report say that he could be available from 2 weeks or up to 6 weeks.  

Oh my god, could you imagine? Just call him Peyton "Brett Favre" Manning now and sign him up. I gave it a real half-assed couple of thoughts today. Most or all of the good veteran qb's are under contract for too long once Burger comes back. I'd really like Rivers to get out of San Diego, but temp relief in Pitts doesn't do justice. 

Maybe they should just take their chances with Romo after all :lol:

1 hour ago, Green Building said:

Oh my god, could you imagine? Just call him Peyton "Brett Favre" Manning now and sign him up. I gave it a real half-assed couple of thoughts today. Most or all of the good veteran qb's are under contract for too long once Burger comes back. I'd really like Rivers to get out of San Diego, but temp relief in Pitts doesn't do justice. 

Peyton is familiar with NE Pats ... could probably sign him and get him in a black and gold uniform this Sunday.  

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

It blows me away how we won't try another option at QB. We have 4! Of the other 3 one has to be better than fitz right now.

I mean, I think everyone knew Fitz wouldn't replicate what he did last year, but he's been so much worse than anyone could have expected so far.

Then again, Geno didn't look much better on his drive either.

Is Hackenberg really so raw that he isn't at least worth a shot at this point?

3 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I mean, I think everyone knew Fitz wouldn't replicate what he did last year, but he's been so much worse than anyone could have expected so far.

Then again, Geno didn't look much better on his drive either.

Is Hackenberg really so raw that he isn't at least worth a shot at this point?

With geno I would like to see what we have with him before letting him walk next year. One drive in 2 years wont tell the ful story. Fitz is a great leader. Bad QB. I'd let him walk for sure especially after this year's contract dispute. 

So as of right now we have 2 young QBs with little to no experience going into next year. Part of me hopes we hit bottom this year or trade up to draft a talented passer.