The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

10 hours ago, Neversummer said:

What's with the hug between Belichek and Carroll?  

Seattle wins Revenge bowl.  

Where are all the Brady/Pats fan tonight?  

Right here.  Can't win them all, t'was a good game.  Seems playing the pats in the regular season is everyone's superbowl now.  What ever gets ya motivated I suppose.

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Don't get too crazy yet.

Patriots and Seahawks are still the two best teams in the league.

No other teams have both a top 10 offense and top 10 defense.

And neither are they...As of today (Credit ESPN)

Patriots - Offense: 9th Overall 

Defense: 17th Overall

Seahawks - Offense: 23rd Overall

Defense: 10th Overall 

Cowboys - Offense: 5th Overall

Defense: 13th Overall

8 minutes ago, argar11 said:

Arizona is the only team in the NFL that has a top 10 offence (8th) and a top 10 defence (2nd).

Goes to show how useful that is in determining a teams success lol.

What a way to cap off a great day of football last night! The Seahawks stymied the Pats. They stopped the Pats on their final drive of the night. They also got their revenge from Super Bowl 49. Overall they played well. Didn't watch the entire game but they played well for the most part. Go Seahawks!

56 minutes ago, argar11 said:

Pats ranked 6th.  Measure D by points allowed not yardage.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2016&seasonType=REG&role=OPP&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=SCORING&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

Very good signs for the Hawks imo.

The O-line actually looked solid last night.  I doubt the Pats were expecting to be challenged on the ground that often.  Prosise's mobility and Wilson getting his legs back could make a huge difference for that group.

Hats off to the dynasty Saskatoon Hilltops on their 3rd straight Canadian Junior football championship and 6th in 7 years.

Lots of catching up to do over the past few pages haha.

Hell of a game last night, congratulations to the Seahawks. I will GLADLY let you have the 'revenge' bowl game in exchange for the Super Bowl. 

Glad it was a hell of a game between the, in my opinion, top two teams in the NFL. Hopefully we'll get a rematch in February.  

The killer was the Baldwin touchdown right before the half. Don't know how he got lost and left wide, wide open. 

Also @Jiggs50 I saw Collins light it up, it's why he's my defensive player on my fantasy team ;)

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Pears said:

So where's the "should have ran it" crowd now? :lol:

We did. 3 times. Just couldn't break the plane. Unfortunate Brady fumbled the ball on a sneak when he's 99% automatic.

A lot of noncalls and bad calls last night. Especially the 15 yard facemask to Sherman when he clearly grabbed Edelman's shoulderpads. Oh well. With the way Edelman's head was turning against Sherman's arm, it definitely looked like a facemask in real time

Just now, Apple Juice said:

We did. 3 times. Just couldn't break the plane. Unfortunate Brady fumbled the ball on a sneak when he's 99% automatic.

A lot of noncalls and bad calls last night. Especially the 15 yard facemask to Sherman when he clearly grabbed Edelman's shoulderpads. Oh well. With the way Edelman's head was turning against Sherman's arm, it definitely looked like a facemask in real time

Then what about the "facemask" that got called on Sherman when he really grabbed the guys shoulder?

I know the loss of Jamie Collins was huge but even with him, I doubt the coverage on the field wouldn't have changed... Had no idea what the hell the D was doing. No idea why Logan Ryan wasn't benched. He had a terrible first half and the second half didn't improve either. Just kept letting guys go in open coverage. Ryan was one of the biggest reasons why Seattle was able to continue sustaining drives and making long passes (including two TDs)

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Then what about the "facemask" that got called on Sherman when he really grabbed the guys shoulder?

I just said in the post that it was a bad call.. In real time and the way Edelman's helmet was positioned against Sherman's arm, it looked like a facemask but it clearly wasn't after replay showed.