The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

This was the best football game I have watched in the last 5 years easily. This was at the absolute height of 49er/Seahawk rivalry.

Kapernick shredded the Seahawks all day chewing up yards on the ground while avoiding the LOB through the air and one of the greatest group of db's assembled in the last 10 years.

Russel Wilson did what Russel Wilson does and turned a 4th and 29 into a hail mary touchdown thanks to an off side by Carlos Rogers on a free play where he caught the 49ers sleeping.

Doug Baldwin had a huge kickoff return in this game. Marshawn Lynch was bottled up all game until he finally broke one to the house beating 49ers rookie Safey Eric Reid.

It was such a physical game with the 2 best d's in the league with exciting young qb's. It was supposed to be a recurring battle in the future but it never materialized.

You just never know if a team will ever be good again after last year's Super Bowl every body though Carolina would be back but now look at them.

While the 49ers have just deteriorated completely without Jim Harbaugh at the helm.

Yup. I remember this game like it was yesterday. As a Seahawk fan, I knew it was our time when Sherm tipped that pass. 

I miss this rivalry so much. It's a shame the Niners went to $***.

My favorite game of all time has to be that Packer NFC title game or the Wildcard game vs the Saint's (Beast Mode Run). 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Yup. I remember this game like it was yesterday. As a Seahawk fan, I knew it was our time when Sherm tipped that pass. 

I miss this rivalry so much. It's a shame the Niners went to $***.

My favorite game of all time has to be that Packer NFC title game or the Wildcard game vs the Saint's (Beast Mode Run). 

Remember when the 49ers had Donte Whitney at safety and he tried to change his name to Hitner.

I remember he destroyed Luke Wilson in that game after Chancellor absolutely lit up Vernon Davis.

That's how football particularly in the playoffs should be played tough hard-hitting old school.

I miss the Ravens Steelers Rivalry it's not the same without Ray Lewis and Ed Reed going against Troy Polamalu.

Cardinals-Seahawks has some potential to be a nasty hard-hitting rivalry.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Remember when the 49ers had Donte Whitney at safety and he tried to change his name to Hitner.

I remember he destroyed Luke Wilson in that game after Chancellor absolutely lit up Vernon Davis.

That's how football particularly in the playoffs should be played tough hard-hitting old school.

I miss the Ravens Steelers Rivalry it's not the same without Ray Lewis and Ed Reed going against Troy Polamalu.

NFC east is going to have some nasty in the next few years..could be decade long with the resurgence of all the teams. Lots of old time hatred back on the rise again and i love it.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

The one that sticks out for me is the old Raiders-Steelers rivalry from back in the "Immaculate Reception" era. Both teams had some absolute wreckers on D.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The one that sticks out for me is the old Raiders-Steelers rivalry from back in the "Immaculate Reception" era. Both teams had some absolute wreckers on D.

That wasn't much of a rivalry, Steelers-Cowboys, that was a rivalry. Or Bears/Packers. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Green Building said:

1 year ago today I was in Green Bay eating steak at Brett Favre's Steakhouse. Even as a Canadian I'm thankful for sports on American holidays. The charcoal bbq is getting fired up tomorrow for low and slow smoked beef short ribs and pork ribs. Tough times.

Nice, better than nothing.

...gotta admit, there's almost nothing that beats Thanksgiving TNF. I'm pretty psyched :P 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That wasn't much of a rivalry, Steelers-Cowboys, that was a rivalry. Or Bears/Packers. 

Oh I don't know....five straight playoff meetings in the mid-70's...three of those for the AFC championship. One including the Immaculate Reception...

The Steelers in those days had guys like Mean Joe Green, LC Greenwood, Jack Ham and Jack Lambert...

The Raiders had guys like George Atkinson, Ted Hendricks, Otis Sistrunk and Jack Tatum, the guy who ended Darryl Stingley's career by breaking his back with a hit over the middle.

For those who were around to watch, those were some of the nastiest match-ups ever.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Apple Juice said:

I kinda miss the old Jets-Patriots rivalry during the Rex Ryan era... That was some good football.. Bills Rex Ryan doesn't have the same intensity compared to Jets Rex Ryan

Me too. because the jets were actually good. I miss that the most.

4 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Cowboys-Redskins game should've been prime time.

NFL dun goofed...even if Luck was healthy, no way Steelers-Colts should be over this.

Cowboys always play 2nd Thanksgiving game. Like the Lions always play the first.