The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

23 hours ago, van_ws said:

Thank god the Seahawks season is over, what a damn nightmare. Any idiot can see the team desperately needs to improve the o line and running game. A huge offseason awaits. Hope significant changes are coming.

Get rid of that &^@#ing scrub Walsh. He alone cost the team the playoffs. I can count of at least 2 or 3 wins he cost the team. Hopefully Bevell and Cable are gone too plus a few others.

A nice run with one Superbowl title but it is time to turn the page with a new core group of guys. 

Now you know how Vikings fans felt last year

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

For four weeks, then they finished top 5 ppg.  Patricia is the top available coach out there bar none.

Patricia D requires smart versatile linebackers which most teams just don't have. Any GM that did hire him would have to be on the same page as him and know that it will likely be 3+ years before that D starts rounding into shape. I can't even remember the last time NE had a dominate defense. They went into this season with no pass rushers.. they are not going to win anything unless some guys have some big games and pressure the opposing teams QB. Tom Brady is not going to be able to put up 40+ points, which I know he will need to do in order to win if they don't pressure other teams QB.

Edited by peaches5

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/bills-fans-donate-22000-andy-daltons-foundation/

Andy Dalton’s game-winning touchdown pass for the Cincinnati Bengals against the Baltimore Ravens secured the Buffalo Bills a playoff spot.

Now Bills fans are giving back to Dalton’s charity foundation to say thank you.

According to Dalton on Twitter, the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation has received over 1,000 donations totalling $22,000 in the 24 hours since the Bills clinched their first playoff berth since 1999.

Dalton created the foundation with his wife Jordan shortly after the Bengals drafted him in 2011. Its mission is to “provide support, resources, opportunities & life-changing experiences to seriously ill and physically challenged children & their families,” in the Cincinnati and Fort Worth, Texas, area, according to its website.

It’s nice to see that sports can be turned into goodwill. Great job, Bills fans.

:towel:

• Upvote 4

@SabreFan1  @RUPERTKBD

Congrats on making the playoffs for the first time since 1999!!  The last time the Bills made the playoffs the Rams won the Super Bowl!!!  ::D

You remember the "Music City Miracle" don't you?  But just remember the Titans got their karma back when the Rams beat them in the Super Bowl!!!

Will history repeat itself?  Will the Titans ruin the Bills plans this year again?  Will the Rams and Todd Gurley go all the way?  

Gonna be a fun ride.  Enjoy the show!!!  :)

• Cheers 2

On 2018-01-01 at 1:15 AM, fivethej said:

Raiders are bringing Gruden back and giving him an ownership stake in the team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2606040-jon-gruden-reportedly-will-be-named-raiders-head-coach-after-jack-del-rio-firing

Gruden's press conference. As a partial owner, we're staying in Oakland and building a new stadium here.......

6 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

@SabreFan1  @RUPERTKBD

Congrats on making the playoffs for the first time since 1999!!  The last time the Bills made the playoffs the Rams won the Super Bowl!!!  ::D

You remember the "Music City Miracle" don't you?  But just remember the Titans got their karma back when the Rams beat them in the Super Bowl!!!

Will history repeat itself?  Will the Titans ruin the Bills plans this year again?  Will the Rams and Todd Gurley go all the way?  

Hate to say it Harv, but I'm pretty sure the Jags are going to ruin it this year. Especially without Shady, or at least without him at 100%.

Still, it's nice to just make the dance after waiting so long. Good luck to the Rams and to Chip's Eagles, as well. Hoping to see one of them in the Super Bowl.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hate to say it Harv, but I'm pretty sure the Jags are going to ruin it this year. Especially without Shady, or at least without him at 100%.

Still, it's nice to just make the dance after waiting so long. Good luck to the Rams and to Chip's Eagles, as well. Hoping to see one of them in the Super Bowl.

If the Bills can limit the turnovers(easier said then done against Jags) I think they can pull off the upset. Especially if the turnovers don't result in good field position for the Jags. Jags are frauds on the offense and if you can stop the run you guys have a chance. Key thing is you can let the Jags get ahead, get the first score and who knows what happens. 

TBH i was almost hoping we would have gotten them instead of the Chiefs. 

7 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

@SabreFan1  @RUPERTKBD

Titans-Bills AFC Title game? Hell ya. Someone would be rich if they made that bet. 

Ill admit Im going in with low expectations this week, but it's the playoffs and Any Given Sunday or in this case Any Given Saturday. 

14 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Patricia D requires smart versatile linebackers which most teams just don't have. Any GM that did hire him would have to be on the same page as him and know that it will likely be 3+ years before that D starts rounding into shape. I can't even remember the last time NE had a dominate defense. They went into this season with no pass rushers.. they are not going to win anything unless some guys have some big games and pressure the opposing teams QB. Tom Brady is not going to be able to put up 40+ points, which I know he will need to do in order to win if they don't pressure other teams QB.

You don't need a dominate defense, you need a bend don't break defense with timely turnovers which the Patriots have under Patricia.

We'll let teams rack up 3, 4, 500 yards on us week in and week out if they want, but more often than not they come away with 3 points instead of 7 whereas the Pats more often than not come away with 7 points not 3. 

Seattle Super Bowl: Hightower tackling Lynch at the 1 with 1 functioning arm; Butler INT

Atlanta Super Bowl: Turning point was Hightower's strip sack.

Congrats to the Bills fans on here for ending the drought. I hate your team, but I understand how gratifying it must be.

30 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You don't need a dominate defense, you need a bend don't break defense with timely turnovers which the Patriots have under Patricia.

We'll let teams rack up 3, 4, 500 yards on us week in and week out if they want, but more often than not they come away with 3 points instead of 7 whereas the Pats more often than not come away with 7 points not 3. 

Seattle Super Bowl: Hightower tackling Lynch at the 1 with 1 functioning arm; Butler INT

Congrats to the Bills fans on here for ending the drought. I hate your team, but I understand how gratifying it must be.

Turning point was stupid coaching to not run the ball, kick the three points, and put the game out of reach. 

In fact, you could say both of those super bowl wins were about taking advantage of dumb play calls on offense lol. However, the team still had to step up and make them pay, so definitely still give credit to the Pats tenacity in winning both games when on the brink of defeat.

• Upvote 2

Going to the Steelers game on the 14th, not sure who they're playing yet, as they have the bye for the wildcard weekend. Will be either JAC, TEN or KC. I'm a big Steelers fan, went to see the wildcard game at Heinz Field last year (against MIA). Great time waiving the Terrible Towel.

Can't believe TEN and JAC are in, but they both had a good year. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Not to worry, NPF....the feeling is most definitely mutual...B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Going to the Steelers game on the 14th, not sure who they're playing yet, as they have the bye for the wildcard weekend. Will be either JAC, TEN or KC. I'm a big Steelers fan, went to see the wildcard game at Heinz Field last year (against MIA). Great time waiving the Terrible Towel.

Can't believe TEN and JAC are in, but they both had a good year. 

That should be fun. Glad you have the chance to do something like that!

On 31/12/2017 at 11:28 PM, ReggieBush said:

In all my years of watching and understanding the game of football, I have never seen a team so dependant on 2 (that were not QB's) players like the Rams. Without Donald and Gurley this team is 4-12, maybe 5-11. IMO they are the worst "TEAM" in the NFC Playoffs.

So you're saying the Falcons have a chance?

On 01/01/2018 at 10:05 AM, Pears said:

Would John Fox be a good fit for the Bengals? I’d prefer someone like Josh McDaniels or Pat Shurmur but wouldn’t mind bringing in someone with a winning pedigree. 

Marvin Lewis? Man what a terrible owner to do that to the fans getting their hopes up that he would finally leave. Guess he loves mediocrity as long as attendance and $ is there. Cheap no wonder they never won a playoff game in forever.

On 01/01/2018 at 3:12 PM, Tre Mac said:

For four weeks, then they finished top 5 ppg.  Patricia is the top available coach out there bar none.

No. John Defilippo Eagles qb coach responsible for Wentz and his MVP season is. Could be next Shanahan/McVay.

13 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

With Foles at qb Eagles offence has been downright offensive to watch! If Wentz was healthy Eagles really had a legit shot with homefield advantage.

But thanks for the sentiment always forever next year right?:(

5 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

So you're saying the Falcons have a chance?

Marvin Lewis? Man what a terrible owner to do that to the fans getting their hopes up that he would finally leave. Guess he loves mediocrity as long as attendance and $ is there. Cheap no wonder they never won a playoff game in forever.

No. John Defilippo Eagles qb coach responsible for Wentz and his MVP season is. Could be next Shanahan/McVay.

With Foles at qb Eagles offence has been downright offensive to watch! If Wentz was healthy Eagles really had a legit shot with homefield advantage.

But thanks for the sentiment always forever next year right?:(

Nobody knows that better than a Bills fan, Chip.^_^

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nobody knows that better than a Bills fan, Chip.^_^

Hey tell you what if Bills don't keep Tyrod in the off-season. Would love for Eagles to make him the best backup QB in the NFL. He would able to start so they don't have to rush Wentz in his recovery.

If Eagles had T-MOBILE they would still have a chance unlike statue Nick Foles.