The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Some interesting tidbits coming out and leaking about what they're proposing to change for next year.... which includes defensive PI..

Also, Bridgewater a free agent most likely

What kind of changes to PI?

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Some interesting tidbits coming out and leaking about what they're proposing to change for next year.... which includes defensive PI..

Also, Bridgewater a free agent most likely

DPI is so ticky tacka now its beyond frustrating. In terms of yardage, I feel like it should be a spot foul unless it takes place in the red zone. 

8 minutes ago, c00kies said:

What kind of changes to PI?

Instead of a spot foul for defensive PI, its a 15 yard penalty.... which is a game changer considering a lot of teams toss the ball up in the air in hopes of landing a defensive PI call to extend the drive and ultimately "drive" the ball down the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917735/article/nfl-could-change-defensive-pi-to-15yard-penalty

13 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Instead of a spot foul for defensive PI, its a 15 yard penalty.... which is a game changer considering a lot of teams toss the ball up in the air in hopes of landing a defensive PI call to extend the drive and ultimately "drive" the ball down the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917735/article/nfl-could-change-defensive-pi-to-15yard-penalty

Oh damn. I guess there would be more PI to prevent big catches if caught out of position. I'd be interested to see how that plays out.

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Would welcome Preston Brown with open arms and a massive sourdough bowl of New England Chowdahh

He's a very good linebacker.  He wants to re-sign with the Bills, but if they don't sign him before the FA period opens, there's a good chance that he will go to the highest bidder.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Time to spend some money in free agency.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

I like that the Bills are finally fixing the cap mess from the previous regimes.  Now they are smack dab in the middle in cap space which will only get better after this season once Marcell Dareus' 14 million in dead cap space clears off of the books.

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I like that the Bills are finally fixing the cap mess from the previous regimes.  Now they are smack dab in the middle in cap space which will only get better after this season once Marcell Dareus' 14 million in dead cap space clears off of the books.

Yeah, Bears have around 80 mill, the problem is they are terrible at signing decent free agents.

Glennon got 18 mill last season for 4 games in which he was terrible.

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, Bears have around 80 mill, the problem is they are terrible at signing decent free agents.

Glennon got 18 mill last season for 4 games in which he was terrible.

If the Bills do as good of a job signing free agents this season as they did last season, they should be fine.  The last few previous Bills regime's overpaid for under-performing FA's just like the Bears.