The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Im going to wait on official word from HCPC or GMJS. If the rumours are true, I wish nothing but the best for Sherm. He has given his heart and soul to this organization and the city of Seattle. He epitomized the team since he arrived and was a class act in the community and is a good person. I hope he goes to an AFC team has finishes his HOF career off strong.

And as I am writing this Michael Bennett just got traded

Mike you were a good soldier for us and I respect all you have done in the Seattle community. Best of luck on the Eagles

14 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Im going to wait on official word from HCPC or GMJS. If the rumours are true, I wish nothing but the best for Sherm. He has given his heart and soul to this organization and the city of Seattle. He epitomized the team since he arrived and was a class act in the community and is a good person. I hope he goes to an AFC team has finishes his HOF career off strong.

And as I am writing this Michael Bennett just got traded

Mike you were a good soldier for us and I respect all you have done in the Seattle community. Best of luck on the Eagles

Just heard the same news.  Sherman is (apparently) saying good bye to his teammates via social media.  

I don't know these guys from Adam off the field, but they sure were good players, that will be missed.  I think the Hawks are going to be trending downward for a while.  They do have an elite quarterback though in Wilson, so the future will be good.

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Sherman and Bennett, crazy if both are true. What's the return going to be? 

Bennett and a 7th,

for a 5th and Marcus Johnson

Is that good? Is Johnson good?

They say Johnson is a speedster who can replace PRich when he eventually departs. 

I for one am a huge Seahawks fan and today's move with trading Bennett, the pending release/trade of Sherman and possible trade of Earl Thomas are all moves that won't be liked by the fans but necessary moving forwards. The window with the LOB has closed and the team needs to stockpile picks for the upcoming draft. Sad off-season for Hawks fans indeed but the division is getting better fast and the Seahawks need to strike while the iron is hot and rebuild while Wilson is still at his peak.

Edited by Pickly

12 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I for one am a huge Seahawks fan and today's move with trading Bennett, the pending release/trade of Sherman and possible trade of Earl Thomas are all moves that won't be liked by the fans but necessary moving forwards. The window with the LOB has closed and the team needs to stockpile picks for the upcoming draft. Sad off-season for Hawks fans indeed but the division is getting better fast and the Seahawks need to strike while the iron is hot and rebuild while Wilson is still at his peak.

I am ok (albeit sad) with moving on from anyone not named Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, and KJ Wright. You absolutely cannot move anyone of those three. 

12 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I am ok (albeit sad) with moving on from anyone not named Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, and KJ Wright. You absolutely cannot move anyone of those three. 

Wagner is now the centerpiece to build around on the defence. Regarding Thomas, you don't just replace that calibre of player overnight so I would rather see them hold onto him than trade him. However, his antics last season were annoying and with him publicly stating he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league whether in Seattle or elsewhere he is putting himself before his team which is worrisome as a fan. Off field bullcrap has plagued this team since SB 49 and it has become too much of a distraction thus the team has gotten away from what made them successful in the first place. 

5 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Cap. Working on an Earl extension probably

That move only saves 3 mil. The big cap is the report that Sherman will be released. I guess nobody wants to trade for Sherm's 11 mil with the uncertainty surrounding his recovery, so if Seattle releases him he could sign anywhere for cheaper, including Seattle. Going to be interesting. I always liked Sherman, smart guy and a good corner, but he didn't look the same as he once did over the last few seasons so I don't think he'd be as hard to replace as he would have been 3 or 4 years ago. Extending Earl should be a no-brainer.

16 hours ago, Pears said:

What do you guys figure Sherman would cost? I'd assume nothing less than a 2nd round pick and maybe a prospect.

4th at best. Maybe throw in a special teams guy with the 4th. 

Pats in on Talib. He wants to be released so he can willingly sign with the Pats and not traded to a dumpster team.