The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

9 hours ago, fivethej said:

Raiders would be a fit for Sherman. They need #1 CB. Lynch and Irvin are there too who he knows from Seattle. Only thing is Crabtree is there but they might let him go.

Edit: Didn't think he would sign with 49ers that fast.

Sherman gets best of both worlds stick it to Seattle twice a year and join a team with a bunch of cap space with a supposed franchise qb on the rise.

Fits his personality. Gets to stay on West Coast and 49ers run similar system on d to Seahawks.

How much money he got was actually guaranteed though reported was 3 years 40 million or something.

Plus he is his own representative. At 30 coming off Achilles injury.

31 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Sherman gets best of both worlds stick it to Seattle twice a year and join a team with a bunch of cap space with a supposed franchise qb on the rise.

Fits his personality. Gets to stay on West Coast and 49ers run similar system on d to Seahawks.

How much money he got was actually guaranteed though reported was 3 years 40 million or something.

Plus he is his own representative. At 30 coming off Achilles injury.

similar system but the niners don't have the quality in the secondary (especially at safety) to run it well

• Upvote 1

Pumped about the Shelton trade, plus don't have to lose a pick for him (just move back a round a half, which is worth his caliber). 

Really wanted Sherm in NE but not at 13 mill a year. Same with Talib, but not at 11 mill a year. Happy these guys got paid and in the NFC, I just don't think they would've been worth the 10+ cap hit on our team.

Apparently the Vikings are prepared to give Cousins 3 years fully guaranteed contract?

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Ndamukong Suh is reportedly going to get cut by the Dolphins

Suh is a Pacific NW native and has trained at VMAC for several years now

Please lord make this man a Seahawk!

I’m just praying my Bengals make at least one big splash in free agency. With over $40 million in cap space there’s really no excuse to not make one. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

CORDY GLENN SZN

Great trade by the Bills!

Bills' picks:

Round 1: 12 (from Cincinnati) and 22 (from Kansas City)

Round 2: 53 and 56 (from Los Angeles Rams)

Round 3: 65 (from Cleveland) and 96 (from Philadelphia

Pretty safe to say we'll try and trade up into Top 3 and get the QB we want. I have a feeling the Bills will sign Bradford or Keenum until whomever we draft is ready.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Bills' picks:

Pretty safe to say we'll try and trade up into Top 3 and get the QB we want. I have a feeling the Bills will sign Bradford or Keenum until whomever we draft is ready.

That’s most likely the case. This trade worked out great for both teams. 

1 hour ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Bills' picks:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Ndamukong Suh is reportedly going to get cut by the Dolphins

Suh is a Pacific NW native and has trained at VMAC for several years now

Please lord make this man a Seahawk!

Would Suh be able to coexist and share playing  time withhael Bennett and Fletcher Cox? I know Eagles have no cap space but can they get him for a discount for a Super Bowl repeat run?

11 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Would Suh be able to coexist and share playing  time withhael Bennett and Fletcher Cox? I know Eagles have no cap space but can they get him for a discount for a Super Bowl repeat run?

Why would you bring a cancer into your locker room?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Why would you bring a cancer into your locker room?

They say winning cures all. Ajayi was thought to be selfish and caring only about his stats in Miami but he fit in fine in the RB rotation because the team was winning.

As long as the team is winning and successful everyone eats. Gotta be a truly big ego to mess up a winning team.

Plus Michael Bennett lied about being assaulted by a police officer and is known to jump offsides and get roughing penalties along with being a free spirit in the media.

I'd argue he is already a cancer the reports out of Seattle were the coaches couldn't wait to get rid of him.

• Upvote 1

How does everything like this legal tampering period?

I prefer no news and then a flurry of cuts,trades, and signings when free agency officially opens on Wednesday.

Already 2 signings of 2018 NFL Free Agency have been leaked by the Insiders trying to beat each other.

Case Keenum to Broncos 

Allen Robinson to the Bears

That was a horrible trade by the Bengals. Injury prone tackle and you move back draft slots in multiple rounds? LOL. 

Keenum to Broncos is okay I guess. Nothing special. Broncos need to hope Paxton Lynch turns into something. 

Arob is a nice pickup by the Bears. Team is still a couple years away though. 

4 minutes ago, Van40 said:

That was a horrible trade by the Bengals. Injury prone tackle and you move back draft slots in multiple rounds? LOL. 

Keenum to Broncos is okay I guess. Nothing special. Broncos need to hope Paxton Lynch turns into something. 

Arob is a nice pickup by the Bears. Team is still a couple years away though. 

Paxton Lynch has had enough opportunity already.  I'm not sure he's ever going to develop the decision making ability to get it done in the pros.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another QB taken in the draft although hopefully not in the first round.  Tremendous depth in the QB class but I don't see a guy like Mason Rudolph as being a huge downgrade from the guys likely to go early.  Offensive line and WR depth still need to be addressed, while the defense needs some attention as well.

Much more problems than QB.