The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I rather have Wilson than Newton, though the only thing holding Newton back is what is(or isn't) between the ears.

So aside from your favorite team, who is your super bowl pick?  I am going go with the Vikings.  Not a Cousins fan by any means but that D looks good plus they got all the weaponry needed on offence barring injuries of coarse. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I rather have Wilson than Newton, though the only thing holding Newton back is what is(or isn't) between the ears.

So aside from your favorite team, who is your super bowl pick?  I am going go with the Vikings.  Not a Cousins fan by any means but that D looks good plus they got all the weaponry needed on offence barring injuries of coarse. 

Raiders baby

Both are great qbs. I'm still taking Cam Newton. His peak is higher and he wins with less imo. His accuracy doesn't concern me cause he's such a great running threat. Cam was an mvp for a reason. 

@Apple Juice Led them to the playoffs? He had his best years with LOB. How long before he gets back to winnning 12-13 games? Russ has won more but he's also had the better supporting cast. 

The Hawks bias is also obvious. Of course Russ will get more votes. 

Anyway, both are great qbs. Conversation started with @ReggieBush saying Newton isn't a top 12 qb which is hilarious and false. 

9 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Both are great qbs. I'm still taking Cam Newton. His peak is higher and he wins with less imo. His accuracy doesn't concern me cause he's such a great running threat. Cam was an mvp for a reason. 

@Apple Juice Led them to the playoffs? He had his best years with LOB. How long before he gets back to winnning 12-13 games? Russ has won more but he's also had the better supporting cast. 

Anyway, both are great qbs. Conversation started with @ReggieBush saying Newton isn't a top 12 qb which is hilarious and false. 

Chiming in because of boredom. Both are top 12 Qbs no doubt about it. I think that Newton is a better athlete and would probably take him on my team in the regular season over Wilson. However, Wilson is less of a distraction and has the clutch factor that Newton lacks. Neither have many weapons around them and both teams were successful because of good defence.

Just my .02$

58 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Okay looked it up and it still seems stupid...

So is getting suspended for more games for smoking a little pot or allegedly reducing a square inch pound of air in a football than for beating a woman, but we choose to love the NFL regardless. 

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

I don't think you are understanding my point.

Russell Wilson is a better QB than Cam Newton by every metric that we use to evaluated QB's in the NFL.

There is ZERO statistical evidence that suggests that Cam is better.

Cam Newton is a better athlete than Wilson, nobody is doubting that, I even agree with that.

Cam and Russ are both better ATHLETES than Brady, does that make them better than Tom Brady? No, because being a great qb does not mean that you need to be a fantastic athlete.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Van40 said:

Playoffs or not, Wilson carried the Seahawks last year. Without him, they would've probably went 6-10 and that's being generous. LOB helped him sure, but Wilson still is the guy that's leading the offence down the field. 

Btw, I'm a Patriots fan and hold no allegiance to the Seahawks whatsoever.

Raiders want 2 1sts for Mack. Yay or nay? From a Bengals perspective that’s an easy yay imo, especially if we can get him signed for 5 years. Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, Mack, Lawson. My god. 

Edited by Pears

5 hours ago, Pears said:

Raiders want 2 1sts for Mack. Yay or nay? From a Bengals perspective that’s an easy yay imo, especially if we can get him signed for 5 years. Atkins, Dunlap, Burfict, Mack, Lawson. My god. 

Nay from the jets. We need the pass rush but it isn't the only thing we need. We do this and we prematurely abandon our rebuild.

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Nay from the jets. We need the pass rush but it isn't the only thing we need. We do this and we prematurely abandon our rebuild.

Yeah it wouldn’t be worth it for teams who are in the midst of a rebuild, but imo the Bengals can afford the price because we’ve stockpiled picks over the last few years and always kill it at the draft. A piece like Mack would really push our defense over the top. 

11 hours ago, Pears said:

Would love him on the Eagles don't have the cap space though coming up having to pay Wentz though and big money already spent on the d line.