The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 4/27/2019 at 12:58 AM, Pears said:

Looking at our first three picks, the team is telling me we want to:

- Give Mixon an actual offensive line to run behind

- Keep Dalton on his feet for longer than half a second

Mixon is a good example of a guy who had real issues in college who has,so far, seemingly matured and managed to keep his emotions in check and stay out of trouble.

I can only imagine how good he could be running behind a competent OL like the Eagles have.

Instead the Eagles took a chance on Sidney Jones who is beginning to look like a major bust if he can't get back the athletic ability he lost after tearing his Achilles.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Mixon is a good example of a guy who had real issues in college who has,so far, seemingly matured and managed to keep his emotions in check and stay out of trouble.

I can only imagine how good he could be running behind a competent OL like the Eagles have.

Instead the Eagles took a chance on Sidney Jones who is beginning to look like a major bust if he can't get back the athletic ability he lost after tearing his Achilles.

He really is. Ever since he came to Cincinnati he’s been a pro’s pro and done all the right things. I remember being pretty vocal about disliking the pick but he has proven me wrong. 

Mixon led the AFC in rushing yards last season behind the line that we had. Now that we have the best offensive line prospect in the draft and one of the best pure blocking TE’s he has a real good chance of being an all-around top 5 back next season. 

Edited by Pears
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Pears said:

He really is. Ever since he came to Cincinnati he’s been a pro’s pro and done all the right things. I remember being pretty vocal about disliking the pick but he has proven me wrong. 

Mixon led the AFC in rushing yards last season behind the line that we had. Now that we have the best offensive line prospect in the draft and one of the best pure blocking TE’s he has a real good chance of being an all-around top 5 back next season. 

I agree, Mixon has been a pro, not only that, hes starting to emerge as the leader of the Bengals, THAT I did not see coming. Mixon led the AFC in rushing, and he MISSED 2.5 games, I have no doubt he'll be better next year

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just want to dedicate a post to the Pats 4th round, 133rd overall selection QB Jarrett Stidham - who can quite possibly be the heir to Tom in 2-4 years time.

He’s no Danny Etling who the Pats took last year in the 7th round. That’s more of a blindfolded dart throw and hoping you miraculously hit the bullseye. Stidham is more along the lines of JimmyG and Brissett; JimmyG turned into a stud and Jacoby was picked 2 years after he was as it became apparent Brady wasn’t leaving and the team was preparing to unload him, with Jacoby also becoming a serviceable NFL QB when dealt to the Colts.

...the Pats try to look for a special trait when drafting QBs in recent memory. With Garoppolo it was he had the quickest release time out of all players and it’s done him wonders at the pro level. With Stidham, people have said he throws the prettiest pass/ball in the draft which can be huge is he ends up developing. Along with being fundamentally sound and having the right QB mechanics + accuracy.

Stidham supposedly went under the radar due to unfortunate circumstances at Auburn. He showed flashes here and there but never consistently sustained it due to in part a system that didn’t really cater to his strengths in college. The Pats see untapped potential there and that there’s more to him than people think. If he can learn to be like a sponge under Tom for the next 2 years soaking up all that there is to better himself, he can very much end up being the heir to the GOAT.

Really genuinely excited to see if he can turn out to be a good one for us.

The last 2 years when kept in a clean pocket, Stidham threw 30TDs to only 6INTs with a 70% completion rate which is higher than Drew Luck and Daniel Jones. On deep passes, he had a spectacular 17TDs to 2INTs. He has the tools, hoping it’s able to translate!

On 4/29/2019 at 2:43 PM, Generational.EP40 said:

Just want to dedicate a post to the Pats 4th round, 133rd overall selection QB Jarrett Stidham - who can quite possibly be the heir to Tom in 2-4 years time.

He’s no Danny Etling who the Pats took last year in the 7th round. That’s more of a blindfolded dart throw and hoping you miraculously hit the bullseye. Stidham is more along the lines of JimmyG and Brissett; JimmyG turned into a stud and Jacoby was picked 2 years after he was as it became apparent Brady wasn’t leaving and the team was preparing to unload him, with Jacoby also becoming a serviceable NFL QB when dealt to the Colts.

...the Pats try to look for a special trait when drafting QBs in recent memory. With Garoppolo it was he had the quickest release time out of all players and it’s done him wonders at the pro level. With Stidham, people have said he throws the prettiest pass/ball in the draft which can be huge is he ends up developing. Along with being fundamentally sound and having the right QB mechanics + accuracy.

Stidham supposedly went under the radar due to unfortunate circumstances at Auburn. He showed flashes here and there but never consistently sustained it due to in part a system that didn’t really cater to his strengths in college. The Pats see untapped potential there and that there’s more to him than people think. If he can learn to be like a sponge under Tom for the next 2 years soaking up all that there is to better himself, he can very much end up being the heir to the GOAT.

Really genuinely excited to see if he can turn out to be a good one for us.

The last 2 years when kept in a clean pocket, Stidham threw 30TDs to only 6INTs with a 70% completion rate which is higher than Drew Luck and Daniel Jones. On deep passes, he had a spectacular 17TDs to 2INTs. He has the tools, hoping it’s able to translate!

Brady probably won't be in any rush to help groom him...

We will see how he handles Stidham.

They will probably build up his(Stidham's) value so they can get a 3rd round pick for him even if he is not the future.

Pretty rare for guys to sit and watch for 3 years before they get antsy for some game action.

39 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Brady probably won't be in any rush to help groom him...

We will see how he handles Stidham.

They will probably build up his(Stidham's) value so they can get a 3rd round pick for him even if he is not the future.

Pretty rare for guys to sit and watch for 3 years before they get antsy for some game action.

Brady was a top 10 QB in both pass yards and touchdowns last year, and threw for a 1000 yards in 3 playoff games.

I don't think he needs to worry about grooming anyone until he falls to a 22-32 ranked QB in the league.

On 4/28/2019 at 7:16 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Chiefs really love guys who have issues with women.

Jovan Belcher, Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, now Frank Clark. 

The list goes on ..

I really would be shocked if Mahomes passes for more than 35 TDs next year. His numbers were already trending downwards without Hunt, let alone now without Tyreek Hill. Hill is really the guy that makes the Chiefs offense great, not Mahomes

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Brady took out Matt Damon's window like a boss, easily has three more years at least.  

You could tell the whole thing was a set up, but it was still funny....

Kimmell: "Matt? You live here?"

Damon: "You know I live here!"

:lol:

On 5/6/2019 at 9:45 AM, Tre Mac said:

Brady took out Matt Damon's window like a boss, easily has three more years at least.  

Had to be set up, otherwise the breaking window could have hit a kid or Giselle? and damaged them with cuts.

25 minutes ago, gurn said:

Had to be set up, otherwise the breaking window could have hit a kid or Giselle? and damaged them with cuts.

Yeah the windows were fake, they don't break like that.  Also don't think Giselle would be in Matt Damon's house but that would make great tv.  It was done in one take though, also doubt they would give his address (liberache lane) on tv lol. Brady looked like he was 28 though.

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah the windows were fake, they don't break like that.  Also don't think Giselle would be in Matt Damon's house but that would make great tv.  It was done in one take though, also doubt they would give his address (liberache lane) on tv lol. Brady looked like he was 28 though.

Well given I didn't know how to spell the ladies name; it comes as no surprise, to me anyway, I didn't remember who is married to who.:picard::lol:

On 5/6/2019 at 1:43 AM, filthycanuck said:

I really would be shocked if Mahomes passes for more than 35 TDs next year. His numbers were already trending downwards without Hunt, let alone now without Tyreek Hill. Hill is really the guy that makes the Chiefs offense great, not Mahomes

You can say that about any qb. Take away the OL and skill positions and any qb turns average.

Yes even Brady...

• Upvote 2