The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

So new rules for the defense on field goal block attempts go into effect this year. The zebra's don't call the pushing your own player into the line on the Jets, but a week later they call it on the Pats against the Jets, and then don't call the 7 guys lining up on the same side on the Chargers.

Sheesh, come on refs, couldn't you have missed it against us too, it would've given us the #1 seed with a 13-3 record :P

Seriously though, I'm more than impressed and satisfied with the #2 seed. At the beginning of the season, with not having a #1 receiver, Gronk out 7 weeks, and then Wilfork going down, I would have expected the #4 seed, or top wildcard spot. Kudos to Belichick on perhaps his second finest coaching season of his career.

I am also an honorary Packers fan for the playoffs. The future in-law's are massive cheesehead's. I don't see them getting past the 49ers but hey, I can put on a fake smile for one wildcard weekend :)

So new rules for the defense on field goal block attempts go into effect this year. The zebra's don't call the pushing your own player into the line on the Jets, but a week later they call it on the Pats against the Jets, and then don't call the 7 guys lining up on the same side on the Chargers.

Sheesh, come on refs, couldn't you have missed it against us too, it would've given us the #1 seed with a 13-3 record :P

Seriously though, I'm more than impressed and satisfied with the #2 seed. At the beginning of the season, with not having a #1 receiver, Gronk out 7 weeks, and then Wilfork going down, I would have expected the #4 seed, or top wildcard spot. Kudos to Belichick on perhaps his second finest coaching season of his career.

I am also an honorary Packers fan for the playoffs. The future in-law's are massive cheesehead's. I don't see them getting past the 49ers but hey, I can put on a fake smile for one wildcard weekend :)

That was a great regular season for you guys. Hopefully we get to redo the Manning-Brady matchup in the AFC final, with a different result. ;)

Not so sure I'd count out the Packers given the home field advantage. Rodgers should be better having the week to practice with the team. As long as the Pack's offensive line holds up, Rodgers should give them a chance to win. Should be a good game.

That was a great regular season for you guys. Hopefully we get to redo the Manning-Brady matchup in the AFC final, with a different result. ;)

Not so sure I'd count out the Packers given the home field advantage. Rodgers should be better having the week to practice with the team. As long as the Pack's offensive line holds up, Rodgers should give them a chance to win. Should be a good game.

That'd be a great AFCCG. They always are between those 2, and they always come down to the 2 minute drill in the 4th quarter.

I can see the Packers offense exploiting the 49ers defense, but I don't see their defense being able to contain the 49ers speed guys. Their secondary is a weak point, and Crabtree seems to be getting better every week.

But then again, the cold weather may get to the 49ers. Either way, can't wait for the playoffs to start!

Prediction:

What I want in the AFC as a Pats fan:

Indy beats KC, San Diego beats Cincy

NE beats Indy, San Diego knocks off Denver

NE knocks off San Diego

What I think will happen in the AFC:

KC beats Indy, Cincy beats San Diego

NE beats Cincy, KC beats Denver

KC beats NE riding Jamal Charles

NFC:

SF beats GB, Philly beats NO

Car beats Philly, Seattle beats SF

Carolina beats Seattle if Seattle offense doesn't wake up.

Seattle beats Carolina if Cam Newton reverts to his old, prior to week 5, self

Brees is 12 TD 9 INT with a 84.8 Passer rating on the road this season.. He is 1-3 on the road in the playoffs (The one win was the Superbowl) and has a overall record of 5-4 in the playoffs.

By comparison here are the top playoff performers

Brady 17-7

Roethlisberger 10-4

Flacco 9-4

Eli 8-3

Im not going by his regular season stats at all. Nor by win loss ratio. just his personal playoff stats. Brees has played in 9 games with 22 TDs 4 Int. 103.9 passer rating and 331 yards passing per. Maybe I need to break that down further into home/away or indoor/outdoor but they are still nice stats any day.

Another season of no playoffs for the Titans. Looking at their opponents for next year I think playoffs could be a long shot again. Unless Locker can get back to 100% and play like he did early in the season and Wright and Hunter continue to develop.

Gonna be interesting to see what they do at RB if they don't pick up the option on CJ.

As far as the playoffs go I can just enjoy them and not have the stress of worrying about how my team does. Of course I would rather have that stress.

KC over Indy

Cincy over SD

NO over Philly(unless weather gets bad)

SF over GB

So I was at the Seahawks game and I do like them, but I found it hard to get all excited with the crowd when big plays happened and everyone was high fiving each other.

Another season of no playoffs for the Titans. Looking at their opponents for next year I think playoffs could be a long shot again. Unless Locker can get back to 100% and play like he did early in the season and Wright and Hunter continue to develop.

Gonna be interesting to see what they do at RB if they don't pick up the option on CJ.

As far as the playoffs go I can just enjoy them and not have the stress of worrying about how my team does. Of course I would rather have that stress.

KC over Indy

Cincy over SD

NO over Philly(unless weather gets bad)

SF over GB

So I was at the Seahawks game and I do like them, but I found it hard to get all excited with the crowd when big plays happened and everyone was high fiving each other.

You guys play the NFC east next year...two worst divisions in football.

Well I tried to get tickets to the Seahawks Divisional Playoff game and tickets sold out in under 5 seconds. I did everything right at 10am and Ticketmaster had the tickets can't be found page cued up.

Anyways my picks for the weekend would be

Chiefs 24 - Colts 17

Bengals 30 - Chargers 20

Eagles 34 - Saints 27

Packers 23 - 49ers 17

I'm going to say the NFC games may come down to the wire, while the AFC matches won't be too dramatic.

Problem is, Peyton came out after securing the record. If the stats guy was going to change that call to a run, he should have done so during the game.

Manning would have been able to come back in and secure the record anyway.

I'm not a Manning (or Broncos) fan by any stretch, but those trying to "disqualify" the record on a questionable call two days after the fact, are grasping at straws, IMHO.

He earned and deserves the record. The NFL made the correct call in letting it stand.

• Upvote 1

Problem is, Peyton came out after securing the record. If the stats guy was going to change that call to a run, he should have done so during the game.

I'm not a Manning (or Broncos) fan by any stretch, but those trying to "disqualify" the record on a questionable call two days after the fact, are grasping at straws, IMHO.

He earned and deserves the record. The NFL made the correct call in letting it stand.

Exactly this. As a Pats fan and a Peyton hater almost, whether or not it was a lateral is irrelevant now considering how late they have looked into it. Rupert nailed it, +1

Every play gets reviewed by the league after the games. Adjustments are made to stats at those later times. A bunch of yahoos on Reddit made it their business to challenge the play with slow mo replays etc after the game so now the league has announced that they are looking into it. Its a unique situation and Im sure the league Would like nothing more than to stick their head in the sand and let it stand as it is. But some people wont let it stay buried.

In the record books it doesnt matter what anyones intentions were or who would have done what if things were different. What matters is the numbers so If its ruled a lateral Manning does not get the record. Im expecting a "too close to call, the ruling at the time stands" kind of response from the league. But its an interesting situation.

J. Thomas is hard to say. Peyton definitely inflates receiving numbers but he is only 25 and before this season he had only played his rookie year with Tebow and then missed Peyton's first season in Denver. He could easily be a legit talent top TE talent it isn't like Tamme came even close to his abilities last year. Plus players like Gronkowski and Graham were pretty much random players who then broke out with the help of a star QB.

Personally I have thought career wise Peyton has had a better supporting cast of receivers (overall) than players like Brees and Brady.

That's basically it right there.