The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You should change your name to "Chip on your shoulder". You're coming off as incredibly bias.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't the eagles had like 2 PED suspensions during Chip Kellys tenure. That's twice as many as Reid you know.

Every team has it's share of idiots. Don't kid yourself by thinking the Eagles are any better. But whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

He's not being incredible bias. 1 PED suspension was a accident and didn't follow the guidelines and thought it was ok since he had a prescription.

The Eagles are better than some teams in that department. The Eagles would be a better team if djax was still on the team but he had off field issues. Eagles under Reid did get Vick, Owens, Jackson which if you compare it to who we have now is a guy that said the n word.

I'll give Reid credit for Dawkins who was a class act

Can't wait for the Lions to open up their season tonight on Monday Night Football. I can't remember a time I've been more optimistic for a season what with the new coaching staff that seems to have been put together for one reason, to help Matt Stafford, as well as finally having weapons on offense without the last name Johnson.

A few things I'm looking for this game:

1. The coaching staff - Two first time coordinators who have promised to bring "exotic" multiple looks, hopefully that works out as it helps on offense with as many weapons as we have to line them up all over, and on defense I'm just looking forward to not seeing the same set every single play.

2. Discipline - Jim Caldwell was brought in to be the anti Jim Schwartz. Somebody to calm down the team and hopefully limit turnovers and dumb penalties which have come to be associated with Detroit

3. Darius Slay - A high second round corner entering his second year in the league. Has all the tools to be a great corner being 6'0 with sub 4.4 speed. He needs to step up in order to help out our very pedestrian secondary.

My prediction is Lions 27 - Giants 17 :towel:

Oh and I think the Cards will win that other game tonight :P

Rice released by the Ravens after video came out...good nice but I don't get it. Did the Ravens look at the video and say, "we knew he knocked her out but at first we thought it was a little punch but the video shows it was a big punch". Lol

My guess is yes, plausible deniability no longer. Everyone knew he did it, but now that everyone has seen him do it the lack of reaction from the NFL and the Ravens was pathetic.

2 game suspension, pfft. Should be in jail.

Rice released by the Ravens after video came out...good nice but I don't get it. Did the Ravens look at the video and say, "we knew he knocked her out but at first we thought it was a little punch but the video shows it was a big punch". Lol

I think the league and team were more worried about an angry mob protesting the the evil white league/team punishing a black guy than the backlash of not appropriately punishing a wife beater.

I say appropriately, with an asterisk, because that's according to the league's way of thinking. Given all the sordid stuff people do in their personal lives already, I have no idea why the league cares so much to police people's personal lives (beyond someone missing work due to being in jail) -- but much like the ambiguous ways sports entertainment leagues handle penalties/fouls/fines/suspensions, it's going to often result in disproportionately stupid punishments one way or another.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Given all the sordid stuff people do in their personal lives already, I have no idea why the league cares so much to police people's personal lives (beyond someone missing work due to being in jail) -- but much like the ambiguous ways sports entertainment leagues handle penalties/fouls/fines/suspensions, it's going to often result in disproportionately stupid punishments one way or another.

The league doesn't want to damage its image by allowing incidents like this to go unpunished. While I think the ethically correct decision was made, money has to be a factor.

@johnrabe:

The #Ravens didn't release Ray Rice when they saw this video. They released Ray Rice when YOU saw this video. Remember that. #RayRIce #NFL

But why would the Nfl only suspend Rice for 2 games if the video was out there before ?? Ban him for a year and get it over with.