The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Eagles played sick tonight. Giants O-line is terrible though, I don't really think the pass rush was all that good, Trent Cole just threw the O-line's hands down and ran to get the sack. Cole is pretty dangerous but I don't think the defence will be all the great like tonight against better teams. McCoy is finally playing well, Sproles is looking sharp and Foles has alot of time in the pocket.

If the defence is just good enough, Philadelphia might make it out to the NFC Finals.

Edited by Plum

Why the fk you smiling, the 49ers lost to the Bears lmao.

We don't even have Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, Vernon Davis, Anthony Davis and etc. We still beat the Cheifs team that was coming off embarrassing the patriots. Oh and we can beat the cowboys at their home unlike the Seahawks who can't beat them at their own home. Meanwhile Perrish Cox has 3 more ints than Richard Sherman...

I disagree. Kind of prophetic actually.

Don't worry they only really make fun of division rivals in those weekly little animation videos. They didn't make fun when they played the 49ers and I am sure they will not for the Seahawks as the defending champs either.

Eagles balled out. I hope Sproles is ok though.

That pass rush has been ferocious. Need to keep it going to cover up the weak secondary.

Also I'm no Seahawk shill but you saying Seattle has no receivers is not totally true. Harvin is a legit #2 and I would take Baldwin as my #3 receiver slot guy/returner any day.

Exactly, they need a number 1. Harvin isn't a guy they throw to on 3rd down to try and convert, Baldwin is occasionally. Bevell is the most inconsistent play caller in the league, sometimes he looks like a genius and sometimes you scratch your head.

They have virtually no TE game as they are used mostly as blockers. They can't convert 3rd and longs for sh*t because they don't have receivers that ever get open. Even when Wilson is running out of the pocket (which I agree he does a little too much sometimes) he still can't find an open receiver because they are being blanketed. Give Wilson an AJ Green, Megatron, Crabtree, Watkins, Hilton, Marshall, Demaryius etc and I would be ecstatic. And I don't think getting rid of Golden Taint was that big of a deal, he had a few clutch plays but wasn't worth the money to sign him again as they couldn't afford him.

Anyway if the Seahawks don't make the playoffs this year Bevell will be gone and it will be interesting to see this team with a new offensive system. They will always be a defensive minded team but with a new OC at the helm I'm curious if they end up changing to a more pass heavy offense because Lynch will be gone. They don't know what they have in Michael yet and Turbin is not, and never will be, a 1 RB.

Also interested to see if Bevell will be hired on as a HC somewhere, after the Superbowl they said he had 1 more year and then would start looking elsewhere for a Head Coaching position.

I hate injuries, they're all bad luck and most don't even occur upon contact, they occur right before because the foot gets planted at the wrong angle by a few inches.

The defense was finally starting to gel and look better and we lose our captain, our middle linebacker and our best defensive player for the season.

Here's to hoping it's not a tear and that we can get by the Jets without him and give him a fill 2-3 weeks off to heal, but it sure sounds like it's gonna be season ending.

Give Wilson an AJ Green, Megatron, Crabtree, Watkins, Hilton, Marshall, Demaryius etc and I would be ecstatic.

Welcome to one of the dimensions of the Manning Brady debate. Sure it sucks that year after year Manning plays in what could be the AFC's starting offense in the pro bowl, but like Brady, if Wilson wants to claw into that upper tier category he's going to have to make guys off the street look like pro bowlers.

Welcome to one of the dimensions of the Manning Brady debate. Sure it sucks that year after year Manning plays in what could be the AFC's starting offense in the pro bowl, but like Brady, if Wilson wants to claw into that upper tier category he's going to have to make guys off the street look like pro bowlers.

If they gave him the right offensive strategy he might, who knows though? Give him Drew Brees throwing numbers and he might get into a rhythm and be a great pocket passer, throwing 25-30 times a game instead of 40+ every game with a bunch of #3 receivers makes it hard to judge how good he can be in the pocket....that's just my biased opinion though haha.

God dammit again? Now I really wish we still had Spikes.

I don't care about Ridley. I can never trust Ridley for a good run of 6+ yards cuz most of the time, he tries to juke everyone out but he ends up juking himself out. More time for Bolden :)

Same. May sound terrible but when I saw Ridley go down I was like “meh”.

This is cheesy.

Eli sounds like that annoying 12 year old on NHL games.

Exactly, they need a number 1. Harvin isn't a guy they throw to on 3rd down to try and convert, Baldwin is occasionally. Bevell is the most inconsistent play caller in the league, sometimes he looks like a genius and sometimes you scratch your head.

You don't need a #1 to do that. Avant was that guy for the Eagles last year and you definitely wouldn't call him a #1.

If you have talent spread throughout the lineup, other receivers can make those 3rd down catches, not just one guy.

PS:

It would be nice to have football discussions/debates without calling each other morons or retarded or any other elementary school names. If you're letting it get personal, you should take a step back and evaluate your priorities. I'm in for having heated, sensible debates using facts and opinions, just don't let it get personal with insults.

• Upvote 1

PS:

It would be nice to have football discussions/debates without calling each other morons or retarded or any other elementary school names. If you're letting it get personal, you should take a step back and evaluate your priorities. I'm in for having heated, sensible debates using facts and opinions, just don't let it get personal with insults.

Little stizz over here gets all worked up waaaaaay to easy. It's pretty funny.

Do the Patriots have any options for RB? Or are they going to have to make a move?

Shane Vereen should become the primary back. Great on outside runs, very shifty and can make people miss whereas Ridley was a power runner who would take on contact.

Pre season sensation James White will also be activated for games now, and Brandon Bolden did a good job in replacement of Ridley vs Buffalo.

I don't see them making a move for a RB unless White flops since White's style is similar to Ridleys.