The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

It is Julio.

I heard that Lewis might play a significant role in week 1. That's why I asked

Dion Lewis is a wildcard. He's going to be replacing Vereen, but who knows how much they'll rely on a young back early in the season, especially with Cadet in the mix too after surprisingly making the 53 roster.

Me and my friends just finished up our draft. Pretty satisified with how my roster shaped out. Rosters consist of 2QBs/2RBs/2WRs/1TE/1WRorRB/K/DEF starters & 6 bench.
...decided to scrap the all Patriots picks seconds before the draft after we determined the total pot would consist of $800 amongst the 8 of us. Picked 4th overall, here's my results:
R1: A.Rodgers
R2: R.Wilson
R3: R.CObb
R4: J.Forsett
R5: E.Sanders
R6: J.Randle
R7: K.Allen
R8: C.Hyde
R9: T.Kelce
R10: Texans Defense
R11: V.Cruz
R12: S.Hauschka
R13: CJ.Spiller
R14: A.Boldin
R15: C.Kaepernick
R16: J.Witten
QB: A.Rodgers/R.Wilson/C.Kaepernick
RB: J.Forsett/J.Randle/C.Hyde/CJ.Spiller
WR: R.Cobb/E.Sanders/K.Allen/V.Cruz/A.Boldin
TE: T.Kelce/J.Witten
K: S.Hauschka
DEF: Texans
...2QB league, getting the top fantasy player in ARod and top 3 in WIlson, couldn't pass up the oppurtinity. 2 of the top 3 fantasy QBs/players, no way I wouldn't do that. RBs are my weakness but at the same time, not horrible. Some solid starters. WRs I'm physched about! Top 3 tight end, kicker, and defense. Very happy. Banking on Russ and Rodgers to do the heavy lifting for me. Any comments?

...wow, can't believe what I'm seeing. espn and nfl so salty bringing up spygate stuff lmao. Unlimited levels of salt.

Talk about butthurt. I mean they got shutup and exposed about the deflategate bs and now they're going all hate accusing about these alleged "depth" of spygate details. Lolllll. Got nothing else to talk about since they got put down, don't blame em. Most pathetic league ever.

...wow, can't believe what I'm seeing. espn and nfl so salty bringing up spygate stuff lmao. Unlimited levels of salt.

Talk about butthurt. I mean they got shutup and exposed about the deflategate bs and now they're going all hate accusing about these alleged "depth" of spygate details. Lolllll. Got nothing else to talk about since they got put down, don't blame em. Most pathetic league ever.

You mean all the sources, of whom not a single one was named, are wrong and there really wasn't a super spy who snuck into opposing team's locker rooms because NFL teams don't have hired security and team security and didn't steal their playbooks and game plans which are just left open flipped to the right pages, thus resulting in opposing teams always going 3 and out for the first 6 series, so basically for the entire first quarter and half the 2nd quarter?

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Doug Baldwin JrVerified account ‏@DougBaldwinJr

Haha the @NFL so salty… Where’s Tom?

CORNwZaUcAA4LBP.jpg

Lmao, just when the league couldn't look any more pathetic.

Even though the Niners are going like 1-15 this season, it still would have been nice to include Kaepernick since SB50 is being held at Levi's.

Insead of Brady they should have put Jimmy Garoppolo. Now that would be funny.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

If Spygate never happened then why are sports casters writing reports of the truth? Seems to me like a little truth sprinkled in hurts you.

If Spygate never happened then why are sports casters writing reports of the truth? Seems to me like a little truth sprinkled in hurts you.

Spygate happened.

Filming opposing teams was legal in designated areas, but the Patriots filmed in non designated areas, thus breaking the rule.

Real Bonnie and Clyde stuff if you ask me.

image.jpg

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

Spygate happened.

Filming opposing teams was legal in designated areas, but the Patriots filmed in non designated areas, thus breaking the rule.

Real Bonnie and Clyde stuff if you ask me.

spygate.jpg

Stealing plays, bugging locker rooms, messing with the radio communication during games, illegally video taping teams for 7 years...

Who knows what else.

Edited by Jiggs50

Stealing plays, bugging locker rooms, messing with the radio communication during games, illegally video taping teams for 7 years...

Like I said, if they were stealing the first 20 or so plays of the game, (somehow bypassing all the security, not being noticed by anyone, or the fact teams don't just leave their game plan open in the middle of the room) opposing teams would be going 3 and out for 6 straight series.

Bugging locker rooms? So because Tony Dungy said he and Manning were paranoid about it, makes it fact? Funny how no one cares the Saints are believed to have been doing this.

Messing with radio communication? Like how the Jets lost to the Steelers when their radio communication was being interfered with at pivotal times? Or how the Redskins lost to the Bucs because the radio communication was being interfered with? Teams have been assumed to be using signal jammers for a long time, hence the new technology upgrades in the headsets.

But you're right, the Patriots did film other teams at field level rather than from above.

Edit: So excited for this thread to turn into talks about 2007. :towel:<_<

Edit 2: The ESPN article itself mentions that signal taping and then matching it to the game film was universal. The Patriots just decided to catalogue it. :lol:

COYrwspUwAEeFun.jpg?bec742

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Jiggs, pears, gooseberries making up for Mak not returning back to this thread lol.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/john-madden-talks-about-how-teams-all-video-the-opposing-teams-signal-caller/

John Madden Talks About How Teams All Video The Opposing Team's Signal Caller

http://youtu.be/7_NT2LdlIkM

GASP! OH THE HUMANITY! WHERE IS ESPN WHEN YOU NEED THEM!

PS You know what I love about both Deflategate and Spygate? ESPN never mentions the fact that every team in the league does the same thing. All teams taped signals but for some reason they always make it seem like it was just us. Just like how the Colts footballs were deflated at half time as well, but nobody ever talked about that. Or how Aaron Rodgers, David Carr, Jeff Blake and Brad Johnson all admitted they messed with air pressure. Nope it'salways like we're the only ones doing what we're accused of even though a millisecond of research says we just do what everybody else does. The only difference is people hate Belichick and we win tons of superbowls. That's it.

Had my 12 team draft last night. 2 keepers (Cobb and Stewart- awful, i know)

Qb: Bradford

Rb: Stewart

Rb: Ivory

Wr: D. Thomas

Wr: Cobb

Flex: V. Jackson

Te: Walker

K: Parkey

D/st: Vikings

E.Manning

Blount

R. Matthews

Woodhead

Quick

Lockette

James Jones

Not overly happy with it. Thoughts?

Had my 12 team draft last night. 2 keepers (Cobb and Stewart- awful, i know)

Qb: Bradford

Rb: Stewart

Rb: Ivory

Wr: D. Thomas

Wr: Cobb

Flex: V. Jackson

Te: Walker

K: Parkey

D/st: Vikings

E.Manning

Blount

R. Matthews

Woodhead

Quick

Lockette

James Jones

Not overly happy with it. Thoughts?

Your depth sucks, but if Bradford is a hit with the Eagles, you're actually not that bad.(Except the 1 or 2 weeks you're hit hard [3 or more] with byes).

Slightly off topic, I was watching the first episode of a new series call Mr. Robot the other day. It's about this young cyber security expert who gets "recruited" by a hacker organization...

At one point he goes on this little rant about society, talking about how our "heroes" turn out to be "frauds"... As he's speaking that line, they show clips of Lance Armstrong, Bill Cosby and (you guessed it) Tom Brady.

I thought of this thread right away. :lol: