The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 fans hurt at Lucas Oil Stadium tonight due to a falling sign.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2561021-3-people-injured-by-falling-bolt-at-lucas-oil-stadium-during-colts-vs-bengals?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-league

Must've been pumping in more than the usual fake crowd noise, shook the screws of the sign loose. ;)

If they got caught, they would've been deemed guilty. They weren't and it's why they took the league to court and won. If they knew they did wrong, Brady and co would accept the initial penalty and just move on.

Pats were caught for spygate. How come the league didn't give them a free pass then like they are now according to you? They could've done what they did now to make "it at least look like they tried and just failed". Right? Right.

And yea, they didn't cheat. There's no proof they did and the igl proves their innocence as a matter of fact. Heck even the Wells report and NFL say they don't have any evidence they cheated, they just assumed. There's more proof this was a which hunt than anything.

"In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain." ....yea, send me whatever your smoking - honestly.

You are making the same mistake many of the Pats fans around here and around the league are making. You are responding as if the court ruling exonerated Brady. The court case was specifically about the process and the suspension, not Brady's guilt. For the most part, since there was nothing specific in the CBA about tampering with equipment, the defense attacked the leagues notion that it was on par with taking PED's and "legally" they're are unable to make that distinction. They also argued that Brady wasn't informed he would be punished for destroying his phone. I guess they just figured he should have known that. There is more but it all relates to the process not Brady's role.

If the court case was about his guilt then we would most likely have a more definitive answer as they would have called on witnesses to testify. Witnesses that have first hand knowledge and have been conveniently silenced since this first came out.

If the case was about the incident, the evidence against the Patriots is overwhelming. Jastremski's and McNally's texts about "the defalator" and going to espn. The visit to the urinal with the balls. Most importantly the fact that they were both suspended indefinitly. Is that the usual course of action for the Pats? Firing people for doing nothing wrong? Then there was Brady destroying his phone (and yes, despite some Pats fans misinformation, they were unable to retrive the texts on that phone). Brady gave them copies of the records but he chose what to show them. It all points the the balls being intentionally deflated. The only thing in question is who really knew? The other thing, since it's not in the CBA, is what can the NFL legally do about it?

Unfortunately, without the testimony of the equipment personnel or Brady's phone the full truth may never be known but in the court of public opinion, if that matters to you, the balls were deflated and Brady knew it. You think two ball boys are going to mess with Football Jesus's footballs without him knowing? Of course there is also the question of how long has it been going on? It's highly unlikely it is a one off incident but in the court of law highly unlikely gets you sweet eff all.

You can proclaim that the process and suspension was unfair. You can proclaim that all teams cheat. You can't proclaim that Brady is innocent in all of this until the truth comes out and that day may never happen. This court case had nothing to do with that so chill out Pats fans. Enjoy the fact your quarterback is back but dont go peacocking around here like he has been cleared of the accusation.

Oh yeah and NPF, most people outside of Pats fans are refering to them as Shady or Br*dy and Belicheat. I wish you would stop calling out Seahawks fans for being homers and bandwagoners for enjoying their current success. Most people cheer for the team that is closest in proximity. Each year the media puts out a map that shows which team most fans in the area are cheering for. Cheering for a team on the other side of the continent and calling out others for being bandwagoners seems very hypocritical to me. I realize you have ties to that area but you can bet the majority of Pats fans here do not. Ease up buddy.

That's it im out on this one. Lets play some football.

Oh yeah and NPF, most people outside of Pats fans are refering to them as Shady or Br*dy and Belicheat. I wish you would stop calling out Seahawks fans for being homers and bandwagoners for enjoying their current success. Most people cheer for the team that is closest in proximity. Each year the media puts out a map that shows which team most fans in the area are cheering for. Cheering for a team on the other side of the continent and calling out others for being bandwagoners seems very hypocritical to me. I realize you have ties to that area but you can bet the majority of Pats fans here do not. Ease up buddy.

I was referring specifically to the Seattle fan (s) in this thread who referred to them as that, since this thread is the "community" the discussion is taking part in. I'm aware of what other people all over social media call the Pats, and on the flip side all the jokes that are made about the Seahawks [and basically every other team] but no point in bringing up those not participating in this thread (which, may I add, is one of the top threads on all of CDC in regards to level of activity, good job guys). Plus, I know you're one of the real ones, Joey ;)

• Upvote 1

You are making the same mistake many of the Pats fans around here and around the league are making....

You are making the same mistake that haters around here and the Continent are doing - coming up with derogatory names for the team personal even though other teams were doing the same thing - no different than a witch hunt.

You (and them) don't care what the truth is - you just want them to be guilty.

I'm not saying one way or another if Brady was involved - point is, there's no evidence (and drop the BS about his phone - it's getting old).

If John Elway said he didn't "cheat" then I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

The Pats sucked for many years (I know, been a fan since '75) - and since Brady, they've had success.

Again, read that list I posted, Pats are 22nd on that list...I don't see haters calling for asterisks on any other team on that list.

Here's a good one for all the haters:

http://yourteamcheats.com/

So you think there's only one NFL team that cheats? You're wrong. All 32 NFL teams cheat. Yup, even your favorite team is a dirty cheater, but since they are not that good, nobody really cares.

The NFL's Biggest: Cheaters | Cheats

What? You were expecting another team to top the list? Blame your local and national sports media for misinforming you. Click on a team's name to see all of their cheats or browse a list of the NFL's biggest cheatsinstead.

TEAM

CHEATSCORE

?

1. Denver Broncos

675](CheatScore of 48 = THE BIGGEST NFL Cheaters)

2. New York Jets

675](CheatScore of 44 = ELITE NFL Cheaters)

3. Pittsburgh Steelers

675](CheatScore of 40 = EXCEPTIONAL NFL Cheaters)

4. San Francisco 49ers

675](CheatScore of 35 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

5. New York Giants

675](CheatScore of 35 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

6. Oakland Raiders

675](CheatScore of 32 = AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

7. Washington Redskins

675](CheatScore of 31 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

8. Baltimore Ravens

675](CheatScore of 30 = ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

9. Miami Dolphins

675](CheatScore of 30 = TOUCH ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

10. Indianapolis Colts

675](CheatScore of 29 = TOUCH ABOVE AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

11. Detroit Lions

675](CheatScore of 27 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

12. Green Bay Packers

675](CheatScore of 27 = AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

13. Atlanta Falcons

675](CheatScore of 26 = AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

14. Seattle Seahawks

675](CheatScore of 25 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

15. Carolina Panthers

675](CheatScore of 25 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

675](CheatScore of 24 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

17. Minnesota Vikings

675](CheatScore of 23 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

18. New Orleans Saints

675](CheatScore of 22 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

19. Dallas Cowboys

675](CheatScore of 22 = BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

20. Philadelphia Eagles

675](CheatScore of 21 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

21. San Diego Chargers

675](CheatScore of 21 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

22. New England Patriots

675](CheatScore of 20 = TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

23. Chicago Bears

675](CheatScore of 19 = BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

24. Buffalo Bills

675](CheatScore of 18 = BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

25. Cleveland Browns

675](CheatScore of 18 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

26. Tennessee Titans

675](CheatScore of 16 = WELL BELOW AVERAGE NFL Cheaters)

27. St. Louis Rams

675](CheatScore of 14 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

28. Houston Texans

29. Cincinnati Bengals

30. Jacksonville Jaguars

675](CheatScore of 12 = THE FEEBLEST NFL Cheaters)

31. Arizona Cardinals

675](CheatScore of 12 = HARDLY NOTICEABLE NFL Cheaters)

32. Kansas City Chiefs

675](CheatScore of 12 = THE FEEBLEST NFL Cheaters)

Funny how the Giants, who are 2/2 against the Patriots in the Superbowl are "top 5", yet New England is almost ranked 20 spots lower Edited by Pears

I don't know why people keep bringing up the cell phone.

0c6eca2805039ba2e9513ed78ae01a38.jpg

Just as you don't know why people keep bringing up the cell phone, (actually you do know, but I won't get into that) I don't get this bit with Pats fans calling Seahawks fans bangwagoners. :huh:

Most of us live in the Pacific Northwest. The Seahawks are the closest geographical team and it's natural that there would be lots of Seahawks fans. I was one myself back in the Zorn-Largent days, but then Jim Kelly entered the league and my allegiances shifted.

I personally know a lot of Seahawks fans who have been cheering for the team for many years.

Conversely, I knew a total of one Patriots fan prior to 2002...

• Upvote 1

That cheating list is HILARIOUS.

Former Bronco player rats out organization for alleged cheating. No cheating found. Team not punished. 3 POINTS!

Former Pats players rat out organization for alleged cheating. No cheating found. Team not punished. 1 POINT!

Also, lol at the Giants getting 2 points for trading for Eli Manning. Like what?

Oh another funny one is the Jets getting 3 points for tampering with their kicking balls in such a manner that the writer directly likened it to Deflategate. Deflategate got the Pats 0 points.

Actually, just reading the write-ups on all the Pats allegations show how biased that writer is towards the Pats lol.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 1

That cheating list is HILARIOUS.

Former Bronco player rats out organization for alleged cheating. No cheating found. Team not punished. 3 POINTS!

Former Pats players rat out organization for alleged cheating. No cheating found. Team not punished. 1 POINT!

Also, lol at the Giants getting 2 points for trading for Eli Manning. Like what?

Oh another funny one is the Jets getting 3 points for tampering with their kicking balls in such a manner that the writer directly likened it to Deflategate. Deflategate got the Pats 0 points.

Actually, just reading the write-ups on all the Pats allegations show how biased that writer is towards the Pats lol.

I agree. Clearly a pats fan with the "more propable than not" in most of evidence section. Also shows lack of consistency wnich you pointed out

Just as you don't know why people keep bringing up the cell phone, (actually you do know, but I won't get into that) I don't get this bit with Pats fans calling Seahawks fans bangwagoners. :huh:

Most of us live in the Pacific Northwest. The Seahawks are the closest geographical team and it's natural that there would be lots of Seahawks fans. I was one myself back in the Zorn-Largent days, but then Jim Kelly entered the league and my allegiances shifted.

I personally know a lot of Seahawks fans who have been cheering for the team for many years.

Conversely, I knew a total of one Patriots fan prior to 2002...

Like I said, referring specifically to this thread, I'm aware which of you Seattle fans are legitimate Seattle fans based on how you talk football and how you can reference your knowledge and history of the game and the team in your posts.

But c'mon, prior to the Wilson era, I had seen one Trufant jersey and one or two Hasselbeck jerseys, maybe an Alexander jersey in the lower mainland. Now? People are wearing Seattle jerseys to the gym, people are getting wedding pictures taken in Seattle jerseys, etc. Hell, the Seahawks barely marketed up here in Vancouver prior to their success. Every team has it's bandwagoners, but there are very few Seattle fans in here that are pre-Carroll/Wilson era fans.

Like I said, referring specifically to this thread, I'm aware which of you Seattle fans are legitimate Seattle fans based on how you talk football and how you can reference your knowledge and history of the game and the team in your posts.

But c'mon, prior to the Wilson era, I had seen one Trufant jersey and one or two Hasselbeck jerseys, maybe an Alexander jersey in the lower mainland. Now? People are wearing Seattle jerseys to the gym, people are getting wedding pictures taken in Seattle jerseys, etc. Hell, the Seahawks barely marketed up here in Vancouver prior to their success. Every team has it's bandwagoners, but there are very few Seattle fans in here that are pre-Carroll/Wilson era fans.

I see. So Seahawks fans are bandwagoners, while all of the Pats fans around here have been cheering for them since the Tony Eason era... :rolleyes:

It must be true, because I never saw anyone in a Patriots jersey before Tom Brady took over for Bledsoe.

BTW: I'm a Bills fan. I was somewhat cheering for the Hawks in the last two SB's, but it has more to do with my dislike of the Broncos and Pats than it does my affinity for the Seabags...

Niners are crap. So are the Dolphins. Hawks fans born in 2011. Pats are the model of success every team wishes to be!

Eh, the Niners are in for a few rough years for sure, but I enjoyed the run while it lasted.

Dolphins are making the playoffs this year. Quote me on it. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went 2-0 versus the Pats either this year. Tannehills just reaching his potential and I'm expecting another big year from him, and the addition of Suh gives us one of, if not the most effective D-Line in the league. I think we're finally due for some happy times.

Regardless, you're basically proving my point.

Edited by Jägermeister

Eagles have traded Matt Barkley to the Cardinals for a 7th round pick (becomes a 6th if he is on the roster for 6 games which is likely).

Seems to imply Tebow will officially stay on the Eagles. Good luck to Barkley but I am curious as to why people seem to like him as he has looked pretty awful every time he saw the field in his NFL career.

I see. So Seahawks fans are bandwagoners, while all of the Pats fans around here have been cheering for them since the Tony Eason era... :rolleyes:

It must be true, because I never saw anyone in a Patriots jersey before Tom Brady took over for Bledsoe.

BTW: I'm a Bills fan. I was somewhat cheering for the Hawks in the last two SB's, but it has more to do with my dislike of the Broncos and Pats than it does my affinity for the Seabags...

Of the 5 regular Patriots posters here (myself, TRR, Apple, Raoul, and Heretic) 4 of us have ties to the Patriots from prior to 2001, and Apple Juice has admitted to being a mid 2000s Pats fan.

Again, only referring to members of this thread. I at least know of 4 other people on CDC that cheer for the Pats, that's more than I know in real life. Yet people who couldn't tell you what constitutes a pass interference penalty are apparent "die hard" Seahawks fans all over Facebook and Twitter. Comes with living in the lower mainland I guess.

Of the 5 regular Patriots posters here (myself, TRR, Apple, Raoul, and Heretic) 4 of us have ties to the Patriots from prior to 2001, and Apple Juice has admitted to being a mid 2000s Pats fan.

Again, only referring to members of this thread. I at least know of 4 other people on CDC that cheer for the Pats, that's more than I know in real life. Yet people who couldn't tell you what constitutes a pass interference penalty are apparent "die hard" Seahawks fans all over Facebook and Twitter. Comes with living in the lower mainland I guess.

Winning teams get bandwagon fans. Nothing new. Same happened with the Pats in the early 00's and this year. Every single winning team has bandwagon fans.

Eh, the Niners are in for a few rough years for sure, but I enjoyed the run while it lasted.

Dolphins are making the playoffs this year. Quote me on it. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they went 2-0 versus the Pats either this year. Tannehills just reaching his potential and I'm expecting another big year from him, and the addition of Suh gives us one of, if not the most effective D-Line in the league. I think we're finally due for some happy times.

Regardless, you're basically proving my point.

Lol, get out of here. Fan of team x talks Patriots smash, they're conceived as good. Pats fan talks some truth, "proving my point".

All boils down to success and hate. Keep hating...we'll keep on succeeding B) (btw, I was just poking fun that post lmao)

Eagles have traded Matt Barkley to the Cardinals for a 7th round pick (becomes a 6th if he is on the roster for 6 games which is likely).

Seems to imply Tebow will officially stay on the Eagles. Good luck to Barkley but I am curious as to why people seem to like him as he has looked pretty awful every time he saw the field in his NFL career.

Tebow has seemed to revived his NFL career/chances of being a NFLer. Has looked very effective with Kelly and that offense. Just the pre-season but he's been making the most of his opportunity.