The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

It's time.

Also, Suh is looking like he is on the path to being one of the worst FA signings in recent memory. He's completely useless out there. He hasn't even shown flashes of what made him so dominant in Detroit (minus the fact he is still kicking and stomping players).

It's hard to watch.

couldn't help myself from laughing when he let Fitzpatrick bump into him and get away for a first down.

It's time.

Also, Suh is looking like he is on the path to being one of the worst FA signings in recent memory. He's completely useless out there. He hasn't even shown flashes of what made him so dominant in Detroit (minus the fact he is still kicking and stomping players).

It's hard to watch.

I feel big name FA's have a decent chance to bust hard every year in the NFL. Haynesworth, Archuleta, Asomugha, Kearse, Edgerrin, Allen were some big signings that seemed to do near nothing for their new teams.

How is it that guys in the NFL can kick 50 yards plus field goals all the time and the hapless kicker for my CFL Bombers has a hard time kicking 35 yarders???

They don't really look that much different - ie size wise...

Don't get why the Hawks management doesn't bring in some Oline help. They have a prime window to win the next number of years (including now) and if they're serious, they can make the moves necessary to bolster that Oline. Would make them virtually invincible. Give Russ the extra time to to sit back and do his thing on top of his already Godly *intelligent* dual threat + defense doing it's thing = good luck beating them on any given Sunday.

Scramble Wilson up to his usual tricks today. When he floated that cross shoulder duck to Lockett I thought for sure it would be a pick. Gotta like his ability to escape the pocket and keep plays alive. If only he could get some damn pass protection.

Don't get why the Hawks management doesn't bring in some Oline help. They have a prime window to win the next number of years (including now) and if they're serious, they can make the moves necessary to bolster that Oline. Would make them virtually invincible. Give Russ the extra time to to sit back and do his thing on top of his already Godly *intelligent* dual threat + defense doing it's thing = good luck beating them on any given Sunday.

I reaaaaaaly thought they were going to address that at the draft, instead they traded their 1st round pick and Pro Bowl center for a TE they seemingly can't invole in the offense.

:blink:

Wow - the commentators couldn't drool any more over the Hawks could they?

Complain about the Lions, say things like - that was a push in the back, etc...when the hawks get away with something it's a "clean hit"...

Same reason the Canucks management can't just bring in a puck moving defenseman or a power forward.

If it was that easy to bring in O-line help and make it better, half the teams who are struggling to protect their QB would.

If you're thinking trade, they'd have to give up an asset to acquire an asset. Would giving Wilson more time be worth it if the other team wanted one of his receivers in return?

Holding, illegal contact on a receiver, face mask and a helmet head shot are ones I've seen - and I've only been watching the 2nd half.

If your helmet head shot is the hit on Megatron then you can forget it, clean shoulder to shoulder. Detroit had at least one hands to the back in the first half that was missed and resulted in keeping the Detroit drive going.

Missed calls happen, no big deal.

• Upvote 1

If your helmet head shot is the hit on Megatron then you can forget it, clean shoulder to shoulder. Detroit had at least one hands to the back in the first half that was missed and resulted in keeping the Detroit drive going.

Missed calls happen, no big deal.

Of course - missed calls both ways - my point was how the commentators react - ignore ones that would favour the Lions and speak their minds about ones that would favour the Hawks.

Of course - missed calls both ways - my point was how the commentators react - ignore ones that would favour the Lions and speak their minds about ones that would favour the Hawks.

I once caught the Seahawks post game show. Never seen more rub down action from reporters.

Gotcha. Well I guess I can't blame them from being a little biased toward a team like the Seahawks versus the 0-4 Lions. Although, that tone could change as the momentum has clearly shifted in this 4th quarter.

I feel commentators react the same way when the Pats are playing. Nothing to do with scandals, just that they get the commentator benefit of the doubt because they have won so much over the last 10 years.

I guess it all sounds a little bit like homerism of sorts, but I try to hear it as respect.