The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

What I learned this weekend:

1. Playoff experience and a good qb matters and defense is still very important to win.

2. Mother nature makes games very low scoring and unpredictable.

3. All good teams who eventually make it to the championship need a little good fortune when not much separates teams talent wise in the modern NFL.

• Upvote 1

Sooo excited for Seattle vs Carolina best game of the week imo will be a physical smashmouth game with tons of trash talk similar to 49ers vs Seahawks a few years ago with the Sherman infamous Sorry ass Crabtree rant after the game

Would be amazing if Carolina wins and Josh Norman says no disrespect to Sherman but I'm the best in the league!!! Lol.

NFC should not be affected by weather conditions so no excuses for those games to not be highly competitive and entertaining.

As for the AFC Denver and New England could both have weather be a slight factor again come game day.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

What I learned this weekend:

1. Playoff experience and a good qb matters and defense is still very important to win.

2. Mother nature makes games very low scoring and unpredictable.

3. All good teams who eventually make it to the championship need a little good fortune when not much separates teams talent wise in the modern NFL.

Couldn't agree more with point 1. You'll notice all four teams that lost have 0 combined playoff games with their starting qbs

On another note ... this is a bit of a joke, nepotism gone too far.  To my recollection, as defensive coordinator, Rob's D was the sh*tz ... got fired from Dallas, New Orleans ...   WHY?

Rob Ryan joins Rex Ryan in Buffalo as Ass't Head Coach/Defense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620867/article/rob-ryan-joins-rex-ryan-on-buffalo-bills-defense

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

On another note ... this is a bit of a joke, nepotism gone too far.  To my recollection, as defensive coordinator, Rob's D was the sh*tz ... got fired from Dallas, New Orleans ...   WHY?

Rob Ryan joins Rex Ryan in Buffalo as Ass't Head Coach/Defense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620867/article/rob-ryan-joins-rex-ryan-on-buffalo-bills-defense

Don't really care about that. Think of how entertaining the Bills will be next year lol. Hard knocks favourites already!

6 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Don't really care about that. Think of how entertaining the Bills will be next year lol. Hard knocks favourites already!

Nope. If the Cowboys sign Johny Manziel and RG III, NFL has to give it to them. I would watch that every week. Or is it Billy Manziel now?:P

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Soooo....home teams are 0-4 so far in the playoffs. Let's hope that trend continues next week! (BTW: I notice that it's back to an AFC and an NFC game on both days)

It's gonna go away teams sweep wildcard, home teams sweep divisional, away teams win conference 

;)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Who would you rather be today, Monday morning?

Hoyer, Pacman, Burfict, or Walsh?  

... or Higgins?

Walsh.

Simply because physical errors are understandable whereas mental ones could be prevented. Burfict and Pacman chose to do what they did and it could have been prevented mentally. A kick however, it is what it is. It happens.

1 minute ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Walsh.

Simply because physical errors are understandable whereas mental ones could be prevented. Burfict and Pacman chose to do what they did and it could have been prevented mentally. A kick however, it is what it is. It happens.

Hoyer.  He's a career backup facing a hot defense.  While I didn't expect him to be that bad, I didn't expect him to be effective.