The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

They got rid of McCallum for this Leonne guy and he cant even kick a convert..how many has he missed this year..unreal.

I understand he is a pretty good punter but he is a bad place kicker..what kind of trade off is this.

Leone is pretty valuable as a punter. They might as well just go for the two pointer every time they score a TD. You only have to succeed half of the time and you're still ahead of the current pace.

One thing that is baffling to me though: How does the special teams coach still have a job? I can't remember ever seeing a team have as many kicks blocked as the Leos this season. I shouldn't be that hard for a professional coach to come up with a blocking scheme...

How many has he had called back?

I see Leonne missed another convert.. that is  two this game and a blocked punt..pretty bad stats.

I believe around 3 this year. Yeah, he needs to laern to kick converts or as Rupert says, they just need to go for the 2 every time.  As for the blocked kicks.  The special teams coach need to be shown the door, it's get ridiculous.

With the Montreal loss the Lions have officially clinched a playoff spot. 

Even if Calgary annihilates them (which will probably happen) I'm just glad the streak is still alive. The season looked like a complete disaster but we had the emergence of an awesome young QB and managed to find a few wins when they really needed them.

Even if Calgary annihilates them (which will probably happen) I'm just glad the streak is still alive. The season looked like a complete disaster but we had the emergence of an awesome young QB and managed to find a few wins when they really needed them.

Exactly. If it was Lulay and a 7-10 record there would be little to be excited about, even being in the playoffs. A 23-year-old with a cannon of an arm who will only get better changed the outlook of the season and future entirely. 

Yeah. Lots of positives have come out of this season.  Much happier at the end of this regular season than I was at the end of last year.  Jennings looks to be the future and this offense definitely seems suited to his style.  The defense still needs some work but they definitely look a lot better lately.  I remember they were dead last for a while in the sack count about 2/3rd of the season in but finished a respectable 5th, only 5 off the lead.

Hopefully Leone or Fera can find their accuracy on field goals and converts.  Should be an interesting game in Calgary.

After Saturdays game I hope Lulay decides to call it a career.  I know we were playing a lot of second stringers and such but the offense looks eerily familiar to when Lulay was starting at the beginning of the season. He looks scared to get hit and cant seem to read the field anymore.

Expectations were low for me this season and the future looks bright with Jennings.  Looks like Wally found another winner at QB.