The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

What happened to the little Hawaiian Antolin guy why is he not playing? He is basically a younger Tim Brown and has the same running style.

He would help spell Harris and on punt returns.

This Canadian guy Shaq is decent he strikes out a lot and does nothing the whole game but provides one big home run return a game.

He is more straight line speed though and is not very elusive and good at juking and making guys miss.

I like him too..thats the problem..Antolin is American..all the Lions RB/KR are Canadian..I guess its a ratio thing..meanwhile Antolin sits on the reserve squad..I doubt he will be here next year..Im sure he will walk to a team that will play him.

The Lions are using too many Americans on offence.

First the o-line and then the receiving core Courtney Taylor is really not much better than a younger,bigger receiver like Stephen Adekolu or Shawn Gore or Iannuzzi.

Really kind of wasting American spots when they could use one on a good American rb to backup Harris and help out Shaq in the return game.

Only a matter of time Harris gets dinged up he runs big but is not built to take the pounding alone. Look at Sask their two headed rb monster with Allen and Messam is the best in the league right now right now.

First the o-line and then the receiving core Courtney Taylor is really not much better than a younger,bigger receiver like Stephen Adekolu or Shawn Gore or Iannuzzi.

Really kind of wasting American spots when they could use one on a good American rb to backup Harris and help out Shaq in the return game.

Only a matter of time Harris gets dinged up he runs big but is not built to take the pounding alone. Look at Sask their two headed rb monster with Allen and Messam is the best in the league right now right now.

The lions have had the single RB since Lumbola arrived 7 years ago..he is a great blocker but never sees the ball. You would think they could shuffle a bit and make room for Antolin if they need to...problem is you will never see them in the backfield together..they will shuffle in and out like Harris and Logan last year to keep Lumbolas blocking...

I'll give the O line a pass for the ratio thing. Lulay is getting the time he needs and they've given up a league low 3 sacks.

I'd take Glenn over Brohm in Winnipeg. Glenn can move the ball, get some TDs, and give you an opportunity to win. He may throw INTs, but it's better than two and outs.

Problem with Glenn. He's averaging an interception per TD. Those interception he throws usually end up a TD the other way.

I'll give the O line a pass for the ratio thing. Lulay is getting the time he needs and they've given up a league low 3 sacks.

OK sure maybe it's worth it. Receivers though gotta open up a spot behind Harris. If he were to get injured in game Lions would to use Shaq or a little of Lumbala in the backfield.

While the return game would suffer.

That's the bigger point they need Shaq on the field offensively at the same time as Harris to keep the d guessing.

Only Canadian right now being used on O is Harris can't they use another besides Collie (only a Canadian because of technicality).

The lions have had the single RB since Lumbola arrived 7 years ago..he is a great blocker but never sees the ball. You would think they could shuffle a bit and make room for Antolin if they need to...problem is you will never see them in the backfield together..they will shuffle in and out like Harris and Logan last year to keep Lumbolas blocking...

I guess but I'm worried they are over focusing on Harris too much need to spread the ball around or else risk him being targeted to get taken out like Cornish was.

Go Bombers GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew Willy will start for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Thursday night.

Willy received clearance from the team's the medical staff on Wednesday morning to play against the B.C. Lions.

Willy was injured in the third quarter of Winnipeg's 32-3 loss to the Edmonton Eskimos on Saturday night. The injury occurred when Edmonton's Eddie Steele hit the quarterback down low on a combined tackle with Marcus Howard. Willy was helped off the field with an apparent injury to his right knee and was replaced by backup QB Brian Brohm.

Willy went 7-for-17 for 81 yards in the game before exiting. Brohm completed 9 of his 19 attempts for 71 yards with two interceptions as the Bombers were outscored 28-0 in the second half.

Willy has thrown for 994 yards with five touchdowns and two interceptions across five games with the Bomber this season. He has been unable to finish two games due to injury.

The Bombers are 2-3.

http://www.tsn.ca/bombers-willy-to-start-vs-lions-thursday-1.337857

I'd take Glenn over Brohm in Winnipeg. Glenn can move the ball, get some TDs, and give you an opportunity to win. He may throw INTs, but it's better than two and outs.

I'd rather the young guy for the simple reason Glenn can win us a couple games but no way we are winning a playoff game with him. Gotta start building for the future I like going with the guy.

Good first quarter from the Lions. The offence is really clicking and Lulay + Tedford are definitely changing this team's offensive look big time. The defence is strong too, a strong front 7 plus a quicker, more aggressive secondary. Everything looks really good right now.

So....a couple of minutes left in the half, commentator says "BC Lions haven't sacked Drew Willy this game....last year they sacked him 15 times in 3 games".

Next play.

Drew Willy is sacked. :picard:

It's just like if a NHL commentator says "the goalie is working on a shutout"....happens every time...