The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Was it disgusting when the Seattle Seahawks made the playoffs with a losing record?

there are eight teams in the CFL, and six make the playoffs.  That's 75% of the teams making the playoffs!  Even if it were changed to only four, that's still too many - 50%.  They play 18 games.  Maybe the west winner and the east winner should play in the Grey Cup?

Was it disgusting when the Seattle Seahawks made the playoffs with a losing record?

That was in 2010...lol and tht was the only time that's happened to them, and yeah, it is disgusting.

In the CFL, teams like the Lions that are 4 GAMES BELOW .500, make the playoffs. That's gross. I wouldn't even be happy if they won the Grey Cup with that record.

Edited by BM24
  • Upvote 2

That was in 2010...lol and tht was the only time that's happened to them, and yeah, it is disgusting.

In the CFL, teams like the Lions that are 4 GAMES BELOW .500, make the playoffs. That's gross. I wouldn't even be happy if they won the Grey Cup with that record.

The Lions won a Grey Cup at 8-10-1back in 2000 and history only remembers them as champions not as a sub-500 team. The real knock is why an 8(/9 now) team league plays 18 games when a 32 team league plays 16.

As far as today, I was working and missed the game, but I'm not even mad. Just happy they were even playing in a playoff game. Here's hoping the boys have a good off-season and Sol is ready to go for next year.

So the expansion RedBlacks are in the Grey Cup in only their 2nd year?  

Maybe my Bombers can fold before next season, then come back the year after as an expansion team - seems a better way to rebuild then what they have been doing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

So the expansion RedBlacks are in the Grey Cup in only their 2nd year?  

Maybe my Bombers can fold before next season, then come back the year after as an expansion team - seems a better way to rebuild then what they have been doing.

LOL! I've been saying the same thing about the Lions

Gotta hand it to the people running the Redblacks though. Did a great job getting them to the Grey Cup

• Upvote 1