The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

11 minutes ago, gurn said:

So diss the cfl a bit, then ask for a feed to watch the cfl? 

After seeing how badly the replay system blew the last game how can anyone agree that the CFL isn't a gong show? It's a second tier level of football, while I prefer and love the NFL the CFL is good to watch until the season starts. I used to own season tickets to the lions before I left BC and am wanting to watch some "fooseball" The CFL makes a joke so it's self every week, so I'm sure my comment wasn't that badB)

41 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

After seeing how badly the replay system blew the last game how can anyone agree that the CFL isn't a gong show? It's a second tier level of football, while I prefer and love the NFL the CFL is good to watch until the season starts. I used to own season tickets to the lions before I left BC and am wanting to watch some "fooseball" The CFL makes a joke so it's self every week, so I'm sure my comment wasn't that badB)

I remember getting the Lions back in the 60's.  There were really exciting and talented players in our league right up to the mid 80's.  Then the NFL starting paying more and more in salaries.  Before that change in how much money a player could make down south, the league's had similar talent.  Now, our league is full of guys who love the game, but they are not the quality of player like before.  Still love the Lions, but wish they could pay the players more, so we could get better ones.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember getting the Lions back in the 60's.  There were really exciting and talented players in our league right up to the mid 80's.  Then the NFL starting paying more and more in salaries.  Before that change in how much money a player could make down south, the league's had similar talent.  Now, our league is full of guys who love the game, but they are not the quality of player like before.  Still love the Lions, but wish they could pay the players more, so we could get better ones.

Lions first roar was in '54 :P

On 23/06/2017 at 8:54 PM, spur1 said:

Sask lost...Stamps tied...win=first

Yep, and so the Esks are in first place.

Where did the Lions find that kicker?  Lui missed 3 converts in a 25 year career.  This guy missed 2 in one game????  Amazing!  

Why is Rintoul on 1040 again? Thought he got the boot?

3 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Where did the Lions find that kicker?  Lui missed 3 converts in a 25 year career.  This guy missed 2 in one game????  Amazing!  

Why didn't they bring McCallum back? They brought him back towards end of last season and for the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Yep, and so the Esks are in first place.

Long is our back up.  Waters wasn't ready to go and they placed him on the 1 game injured list.  Should be ready to go next game. Long definitely lost us this one. Though the Lions didn't really play well most of the game.

Interesting note, it looks like the fireworks after a touchdown are no more.

• Upvote 1

Game changed when Rainey's return for a touchdown was called back on the blocking from behind penalty. Shame as it was a damn fine run.

Couple of dropped balls, and where was Manny, maybe his worst game in a couple of years?

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Game changed when Rainey's return for a touchdown was called back on the blocking from behind penalty. Shame as it was a damn fine run.

Couple of dropped balls, and where was Manny, maybe his worst game in a couple of years?

From what I saw, if the Esks player hadn't been illegally blocked he would have had a good shot at stopping Rainey.

Still and all, it's better to be stopped in the first place rather than make a td run and then have it called back.  Less deflating.

2 hours ago, gurn said:

It looked like the Eskimo players kinda gave up on the play when the flags came out.

Thought it was DUMB to throw into triple coverage before half time.  Keep momentum and shut it down.  But no, the risky play that can quickly turn things around...they've got to be smarter.   Glad they won and my favourites continue to shine (Rainey, Manny, Burnham).   Missed last game, so was happy to have football back again.

• Upvote 1