The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

27 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Lulay has had great protection and lots of time....I also like that they mix things up and have options and a bit more of a running game than the recent past.

Here's some news as well:

Wow, not sure how I feel about that? We could sure use the d line help but my hatred for Foley is still simmering after that crap he pulled when he left. 

6 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Are you on the cfl site Deb? TSN has it if you're looking? 

I was...they're SO lame.  FTR, only site/forum I've ever been banned from.  For having an opinion.  Thanks JJJJS!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I was...they're SO lame.  FTR, only site/forum I've ever been banned from.  For having an opinion.  Thanks JJJJS!

Banned Deb, you? Lol That's hilarious. You should have dropped the "do you know who I am" line. I've read through that forum a couple of times. Anyone who criticizes the league is chastised and told to gtfo. They don't have much of community these days. 

10 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Actually chip, I only saw one big shot on Lulay, and that was the late one when he had thrown the ball about 1.5 seconds before he got hit. The head to the ribs, was never going to be on the O-line, he was vulnerable.

The Lions o line still makes me uneasy sometimes just waiting for Lukay or Jennings to get rocked.

Steward was good and o line as a whole.

But it doesn't mean anything if they play sloppy next week.

They need to improve their weak areas to be able to consistently compete and actually beat the best in Calgary and Edmonton.

Until they beat Edmonton and Calgary  with an overall complete performance I will not buy into this team.

Not yet too early. Great regular season and goes down the drain come playoff time.

Back 9 will be key.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Lions o line still makes me uneasy sometimes just waiting for Lukay or Jennings to get rocked.

Steward was good and o line as a whole.

But it doesn't mean anything if they play sloppy next week.

They need to improve their weak areas to be able to consistently compete and actually beat the best in Calgary and Edmonton.

Until they beat Edmonton and Calgary  with an overall complete performance I will not buy into this team.

Not yet too early. Great regular season and goes down the drain come playoff time.

Back 9 will be key.

O-line are usually Canadian boys.  D-line (especially the rush ends) are usually American boys.  All CFL teams have troubles protecting their QBs because of that ratio.  I love that our boys get a chance to play, but there is a definite difference in talent/experience levels.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to seeing if Foley has anything left in the tank on Sunday.  Adding a strong pass rusher off the edge would be a big step in the right direction for this club.  (Was a bit surprised to see Roh with 4 this year - though he's had a great motor so far. Brooks with only 1 seems low on the other side of things.)

I expect Jennings to come out slinging after watching Lulay put on a show for the past 4 weeks as well - fun stuff!

LOL! at the TSN panel ripping apart the Lions while singing the praises of how amazing the Roughriders are. They can't even be bothered to hide their man love for the Riders.  If it was the other way around they would be making excuses for the Riders while trying to talk down the Lions.

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

LOL! at the TSN panel ripping apart the Lions while singing the praises of how amazing the Roughriders are. They can't even be bothered to hide their man love for the Riders.  If it was the other way around they would be making excuses for the Riders while trying to talk down the Lions.

no last week they did not have much good to say about the riders.

Very happy for Ed Gainey! 4 int. 1st Rider EVER to get 4 in one game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, otherwise said:

Very happy for Ed Gainey! 4 int. 1st Rider EVER to get 4 in one game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why the Lions would throw up another rotton egg in that direction. Was kind of a "here you go, have another one" kind of moment.

11 minutes ago, otherwise said:

Was thinking about leaving the game early but glad I stayed til the end to see that

5 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Seahawks looking solid but Leos... not so much. Might've been a mistake starting Jennings tbh when Lulay had been riding the hot hand

Jennings looked rusty and Lulay had sore ribs.

Had once nice dime throw to Chris Williams on the td dropped it right in the bucket in stride pillow soft touch like a Russel Wilson deep ball.