The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

8 hours ago, apollo said:

What? If they're outside of WWE chances are they aren't that amazing... if they were why wouldn't they want to get paid top dollar and be in the #1 show? 

Also, just finished the Rumble. Pretty entertaining... mens match was hilarious with all the commentating... the women's match not so much. I wish they didn't bring Stephanie on commentary, she was very dry and just said things that happened. No funny comments or anything... also makes no sense that Niki backstabs Brie before eliminating Asuka. I'm not happy with either of the winners... nothing against them but they aren't TV material. Neither speaks english... I seriously can't understand either. Was really hoping Torrie or Trish won :(

Also the Ronda stuff... like just pointing in silence at the WM logo was kinda dull. She shoulda attacked Asuka to make a point. 

Makes sense with her character history, IMO. But I’m 100% sure it will be for their Total Bella’s (or Diva’s) show.

Cuz you know, reality TV and pro-wrestling are totally real. 

14 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Makes sense with her character history, IMO. But I’m 100% sure it will be for their Total Bella’s (or Diva’s) show.

Yea... you're probably right. Then again, from watching their Divas/Bella's it's evident they absolutely love one another and even though they have drama, they would never backstab each other in real life if there was an actual Royal Rumble. First they would eliminate Asuka then fight each other. 

I just finished last Monday's raw... I'm so behind on my TV... haven't even watched the All Star Game.. AKA the Brock Boeser Show.

Anyways, that match between Asuka and Sasha was great. I could argue with @Winter Soldier that both Sasha and Asuka are better "wrestlers" than AJ Styles... was really hoping to see Trish back but didn't happen last night :(

Also the Finn vs Cena match was pretty good too... two guys as good if not better than AJ when it comes to wrestling... I could go on and on... AJ is great, but in a show like WWE there's no way you could legitimately call him the best wrestler in WWE... it's not like he's actually beating people. Elias is pretty good too.  Randy... KO... The Miz... 

On 05/02/2018 at 10:12 AM, apollo said:

What? If they're outside of WWE chances are they aren't that amazing... if they were why wouldn't they want to get paid top dollar and be in the #1 show? 

The WWE isn't liike the NHL. Wrestling isn't an athletic competition, and the people put at the top were put there by the people in charge.

Most of the best wrestlers in the WWE are relegated to midcard levels. Being the best wrestler doesn't guarantee your place in the WWE, and in turn any chance at top dollars.

And even any of those guys don't match up against someone like Kenny Omega. With him, I find it hard to argue that anyone in the world is better. He is technically the most proficient, and puts on the best matches of the year, every time he goes out to wrestle With his continuous work, I find it increasingly easier to argue that he's probably just the best wrestler of all time, apologies to Bret Hart.. 

A lot of wrestlers outside the WWE make more than enough bank doing it their own way, especially the biggest names. Most of the Bullet Club is rolling around in money. In fact for a guy like Cody Rhodes it took leaving the WWE to even see good money. But for those that are just making a living doing so, it's sometimes better to just better for them to have the creative freedom that being an independent wrestler has, or to be free of the intense schedule that the WWE demands.

One thing I can say for sure is that it took my favourite wrestler of all time, Chris Jericho, one match outside of the WWE, with New Japan, before I could say that I saw my favourite match of his he ever wrestled. It's not that I'm saying the WWE is an anti-barometer of skill, but based on 25 odd years of watching, it's not the upper echelon for sure.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

The WWE isn't liike the NHL. Wrestling isn't an athletic competition, and the people put at the top were put there by the people in charge.

Most of the best wrestlers in the WWE are relegated to midcard levels. Being the best wrestler doesn't guarantee your place in the WWE, and in turn any chance at top dollars.

And even any of those guys don't match up against someone like Kenny Omega. With him, I find it hard to argue that anyone in the world is better. He is technically the most proficient, and puts on the best matches of the year, every time he goes out to wrestle With his continuous work, I find it increasingly easier to argue that he's probably just the best wrestler of all time, apologies to Bret Hart.. 

A lot of wrestlers outside the WWE make more than enough bank doing it their own way, especially the biggest names. Most of the Bullet Club is rolling around in money. In fact for a guy like Cody Rhodes it took leaving the WWE to even see good money. But for those that are just making a living doing so, it's sometimes better to just better for them to have the creative freedom that being an independent wrestler has, or to be free of the intense schedule that the WWE demands.

One thing I can say for sure is that it took my favourite wrestler of all time, Chris Jericho, one match outside of the WWE, with New Japan, before I could say that I saw my favourite match of his he ever wrestled. It's not that I'm saying the WWE is an anti-barometer of skill, but based on 25 odd years of watching, it's not the upper echelon for sure.

Fair enough and you make some good points... to be honest I've never really watched anything other than WWE. All I have is the local sport channels and now WWE network. 

Good for Cody, I did some googling and you're right, he is making more. I didn't like him much in WWE... honestly I get enough entertainment out of WWE... I do PVR everything and speed through the boring parts of course. 

My point was just that it's tough to judge who is the best and who isn't. 

It's not like the NHL where it's relatively simple... you can ask 7 billion people around the world who the best NHL'er is and the answer is real simple... Brock Boeser. In WWE it's not as simple. 

6 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Bruuuuhhhh........

- Jericho vs. Michaels, Ladder match at No Mercy

- Jericho vs. Mysterio, at The Great American Bash

- Jericho and Benoit vs. Triple H and Austin, RAW

- Jericho and Benoit vs. The Hardyz vs. The Dudleys vs. Edge and Christian, TLC match Smackdown.

- Jericho vs. Benoit, at Judgement Day

None of these were rated 5 stars, but imo were better than his match against Omega. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Bruuuuhhhh........

- Jericho and Benoit vs. The Hardyz vs. The Dudleys vs. Edge and Christian, TLC match Smackdown.

None of these were rated 5 stars, but imo were better than his match against Omega. 

The latter two on that list were the most memorable for me, but I stand by what I said. It's objective, but that's the most fun I've had watching a match of his. It's not like it's a clear cut favourite, but I think his doing what he did at his age after such a long lull makes it impressive, gives it an edge.

• Cheers 1

On 2/5/2018 at 7:03 PM, Art Vandelay said:

It's being reported Nikki eliminating Brie was done for Total Divas. Good call.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, shiznak said:

Bruuuuhhhh........

Top 3 for me:

Jericho vs Omega - Wrestlekingdom 12 - ***** (Just a beautiful match that delivered everything that was promised plus more)
Jericho vs Benoit - Royal Rumble 2001 - ****3/4 (Judgement Day was a great match but they stepped it up even higher in this one)
Jericho vs Michaels - No Mercy 2008 - ****3/4

Rest of your list is pretty much how I would fill out the rest of mine. It goes to show just how damned good the man is when I could probably add 8 more matches that were **** and above.

44 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Top 3 for me:

Jericho vs Omega - Wrestlekingdom 12 - ***** (Just a beautiful match that delivered everything that was promised plus more)
Jericho vs Benoit - Royal Rumble 2001 - ****3/4 (Judgement Day was a great match but they stepped it up even higher in this one)
Jericho vs Michaels - No Mercy 2008 - ****3/4

Rest of your list is pretty much how I would fill out the rest of mine. It goes to show just how damned good the man is when I could probably add 8 more matches that were **** and above.

For me some of the best Y2J moments weren't even "matches" ... it's priceless when he's on the Mic. 

I think he's without a doubt one of the greatest guys on the mic ever. 

Remember when he put Tom Brady on the list? I get more enjoyment when he puts someone on the list than anything. Also love when the Miz says "when my hand goes up, your mouth goes shut!" 

How has Vince not given Braun Strowman everything yet? Absolute best parts of Raw every week and cheered by almost all the fans. 

Don’t even give a **** about his ability to put on great matches. Goldberg had horrible matches, but was still amazing. 

People want to see him destroy the world.  

39 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

How has Vince not given Braun Strowman everything yet? Absolute best parts of Raw every week and cheered by almost all the fans. 

Don’t even give a **** about his ability to put on great matches. Goldberg had horrible matches, but was still amazing. 

Roman will always be the #1 Beast in Vince’s eyes, that’s why. 

13 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Iono man but I'm not a fan of Braun at all. His just a huge guy... his face looks cute like a baby that you want to pull his cheeks... not intimidating at all. I can't take him seriously tbh. 

My fav Braun moment was him losing to Cin Cara or Callisto in that dumpster match... such lolz

21 minutes ago, apollo said:

Iono man but I'm not a fan of Braun at all. His just a huge guy... his face looks cute like a baby that you want to pull his cheeks... not intimidating at all. I can't take him seriously tbh. 

My fav Braun moment was him losing to Cin Cara or Callisto in that dumpster match... such lolz

There has got to be at least 10 moments in the last year of Braun doing absolutely hilarious and awesome things and you choose that!!!

My favourite might be the segment that set up that dumpster match with Kalisto. Braun was dragging him around by the ankle as if he was a child’s blankly, because *I think* Roman gave him his first loss. Then later in the episode he “took out the garbage” and put kalisto in a dumpster. 

• Cheers 2