The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

On 9/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, TheRick said:

Jericho celebrating the return of his AEW Championship Belt with a little bit of the Bubbly!

:goat:

Btw what's RVD doing these days? I'd love to see Jericho vs Van Dam! Jericho coming out on top of course...

Edited by apollo

10 hours ago, apollo said:

:goat:

Btw what's RVD doing these days? I'd love to see Jericho vs Van Dam! Jericho coming out on top of course...

RVD back on impact sonim sure we'll see RVD make an appearence for AEW, unless impact has a secret working agreement with WWE for him since RVD was part of the RAW reunion

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like Kenny, but he’s full of himself if he truly thinks the AEW’s roster is more talented than NXTs.

I mean, if you’re into spot monkey wrestling than I guess he’s right. But pure wrestling wise, NXT probably has the best talent of any company including within the main roster. 

Edited by shiznak

The wars are heating up this week.

Raw seemed a little more edgy last night, and the pyro effects made it more like how it used to be kind of liked that, but the show besides Lesnar was kind of meh imo. Obviously Wednesday will be nice to see AEW debut on tv hopefully it goes well, and definitely curious to how they run it what boundaries they will have if any... But then Friday the new Smackdown on Fox is going to be interesting, with The Rock and Stone Cold being there as well as Sting and others, Stone Cold has been quoted recently in returning for 1 more match which was a shocker definitely interested in that, but now being on Fox and probably being 14+ now instead of PG will be interesting to see what happens.

TSN making it official!

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-announces-new-partnership-with-all-elite-wrestling-becoming-canadian-home-of-aew-dynamite-1.1374920

TSN announces new partnership with ALL ELITE WRESTLING, becoming Canadian home of AEW DYNAMITE

TSN announced today a partnership with the new professional wrestling promotion ALL ELITE WRESTLING (AEW) to deliver live coverage of the weekly wrestling show, AEW DYNAMITE, kicking off Wednesday, Oct. 2 at the famed Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.

TORONTO – TSN announced today a partnership with the new professional wrestling promotion ALL ELITE WRESTLING (AEW) to deliver live coverage of the weekly wrestling show, AEW DYNAMITE, kicking off Wednesday, Oct. 2 at the famed Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C.

TSN and TSN Direct subscribers can watch the all-new AEW DYNAMITE on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET on TSN’s digital streaming platforms, including TSN.ca and the TSN app, and on the network’s five national television feeds (subject to final scheduling confirmation). TSN’s AEW DYNAMITE schedule for the month of October is as follows: 

• Wednesday, Oct. 2: 8 p.m. ET on TSN.ca, the TSN app, and TSN2
• Wednesday, Oct. 9: 8 p.m. ET on TSN.ca, the TSN app, and TSN2
• Wednesday, Oct. 16: 8 p.m. ET on TSN.ca, the TSN app, and TSN2
• Wednesday, Oct. 23: 8 p.m. ET on TSN.ca, the TSN app, and TSN2
• Wednesday, Oct. 30: 8 p.m. ET on TSN.ca, the TSN app, and TSN3

Among the featured wrestlers competing in AEW’s highly anticipated, action-packed matches are Canadian superstars Chris Jericho, the inaugural and current AEW World Champion; and Kenny Omega, the subject of the acclaimed, fan-favourite documentaryOMEGA MAN: A WRESTLING LOVE STORY, part of TSN’s award-winning seriesENGRAVED ON A NATION.

“For many, many years, Canada has been home not only to some of the most legendary wrestlers ever, both past and present, but also to some of the most knowledgeable and passionate fans anywhere in the world today,” said Tony Khan, CEO of AEW. “I’m thrilled that we are teaming with TSN to show Dynamite live in Canada. TSN has great history broadcasting wrestling, and I know they will be a great partner for AEW and our fans.”

“We were overwhelmed with fans’ outpouring of support for our Kenny Omega documentary OMEGA MAN earlier this year, and that incredible response has primed TSN to showcase Kenny and the rest of AEW’s high-octane talent for fans across the country,” said Shawn Redmond, Vice-President, Discovery and TSN. “AEW DYNAMITE is headlined by two Canadian mega-stars alongside a growing roster of must-see wrestlers, and we’re very excited to deliver the wrestling world’s game-changing new series for TSN subscribers.” 

AEW also features members of The Elite (Cody and Brandi Rhodes, Matt and Nick Jackson, and Hangman Adam Page) as well as Jon Moxley, Nyla Rose, Awesome Kong, Dr. Britt Baker, SCU and Dustin Rhodes, with renowned wrestling commentator Jim Ross calling the action. 

TSN’s coverage of AEW DYNAMITE is also available for on-demand viewing to TSN and TSN Direct subscribers via TSN.ca/Live and the TSN app.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:49 AM, shiznak said:

I like Kenny, but he’s full of himself if he truly thinks the AEW’s roster is more talented than NXTs.

I mean, if you’re into spot monkey wrestling than I guess he’s right. But pure wrestling wise, NXT probably has the best talent of any company including within the main roster. 

New Japan.

23 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

New Japan.

Admittedly, I don’t watch enough New Japan, I only watch the marquee events (Wrestling Kingdom, The New Beginning, Dominion, some of G1), but I find their roster very limited in all-around talents.They put on good matches, but most of their wrestlers aren’t very technical sounded, but rather hard hitting brawlers and aerialists. I would say  Ospreay, Sabre Jr., Sanada, Tanahashi, and Ibushi are the only wrestlers who can change up their style of the match, based on who they are facing. 

Unpopular opinion, but I find Okada fairly boring. He’s basically the Randy Orton of New Japan.......while an excellent wrestler his moveset is very underwhelming with missile drop kicks, chops and spam finishers.

Edited by shiznak

1 hour ago, TheRick said:

AEW Dynamite on now on TSN2!

Watching now.  Kinda pissed though.  Set PVR to record yesterday but a soccer game was listed.  TSN / Telus changed it at sometime to AEW so it didn't record.  Managed to hit watch from beginning but now I can't FF through the commercials.  Like what I see so far.

Cody said numerous times they weren’t just going to hire every WWE castaway. Yet,  they hired Moxley, Spears, and Hager ..... lol.

AEW put on a good show tonight, but NXT essentially put on a NXT Takeover on free TV, having all the top talents in matches and 2 title matches. I would give NXT round 1.

Edited by shiznak
  • Haha 1

AEW beats NXT in the ratings!

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/aew-dynamite-debut-averages-14-million-viewers-nxt-usa-averages-891000

According to The Wrap, AEW Dynamite averaged 1.409 million viewers while NXT did 891,000 viewers. The overnight ratings saw AEW draw a 0.7 rating while NXT drew a 0.5 rating. As far as the 18-49 demographics is concerned, AEW drew 878,000 viewers (0.68 rating, second-best on cable for October 2) while NXT drew 414,000 viewers (0.32 rating, 10th-best on cable for the day).

Elias is fighting Kevin Owens on the out side of the ring. Guitar gets smashed on Owens. Elias puts Owens on the announce table Shane jumps off the 5th rung of the ladder onto Owens on the announce table. Elias helps Shane up and drags him to the ladder. Shane struggles to climb the ladder. Shane gets half way up and boom Cult of personality hits. Punk runs into the ring and hits Elias with a GTS. Punk then pulls Shane off the ladder and grabs a mic. He looks Shane right in the eyes and says who's the best in the world now?  Punk hits him with a running Knee. Shane sells flying back. Owens catches him with a pump up power bomb and climbs the ladder. Owens climbs the ladder and grabs the briefcase. Owens goes to shake Punks hand. Punk shakes his hand but then hits him with the GTS. Punk leaves the ring to a huge pop.

I thought AEW dynamite was good, definitely enjoyed the show and felt it was better then Raw, as for NXT I don't watch it so can't compare, but TV ratings for AEW definitely destroyed NXT, and rumor is on the replay of AEW dynamite they got another 450,000 roughly.

As for Smackdown this was a let down imo, WWE was selling the show to showcase guys like Stone Cold, The Undertaker heck even Sting was being sold by them, yet none were used in the show only Austin in a pre recorded video to start it off. The Undertaker was there but left, he came out and said why he left, because WWE told him they didn't need him, it seems once they had The Rock confirmed they didn't care to showcase anyone else and felt The Rock was good enough. Turns out after Smackdown went off air fans were pissed, because they wanted to see Undertaker and Austin, and so the AEW chants started, and imo this is really going to start to piss off Vince McMahon, the last thing he wants on his show is fans chanting AEW.

With that said, I bring up Hell In A Cell, the show wasn't that bad, the Sasha and Becky match was probably the best, but it was the final match of the night that made the show go to crap. The only good thing was the red lights the rest was bad, watching Rollins do The Stomp, and another Stomp and another Stomp, I think he ended up doing 11 of them during the match it was just overkill and throw in a pedigree as well and it didn't even really faze The Fiend barley. I didn't like it at all and turns out the fans didn't as well, because you could hear them chanting AEW, and even chanting refund. This means the last 2 shows WWE has done, Smackdown and Hell in a Cell have both caused the audience/fans to chant AEW, Vince is going to loose his mind if this continues :lol: