The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

The rock returning to smackdown was pretty cool, he's definitely got some rust on the mic. Was really hoping to hear "Faaaaayyynnallly the rock has come back to Los Angeles" but he didn't drop the line :(

At least he still says "millions" 

Hell in a cell was pretty lame minus the Becky / Banks match... Which was absolutely incredible... I pretty much fast forwarded through the rest of the ppv. 

Main event was garbage, the whole "fiend" stuff is so silly, like dimmed red lights for the entire match too... Are they trying to entertain infants? 

Got a little frustrated with hell in a cell so I 

gave AEW dynamite a shot... Better than I thought actually... The athletes, especially the women definitely don't look as refined as WWE but the quality of wrestling seems solid and production is pretty decent. Sammy VS Cody was way more entertaining than I thought... Both super skilled guys and I hadn't seen Sammy wrestle before 

Jim Ross on commentary is definitely my favourite part, even though he's gotten older and lost some of the "ooomph" in his voice hes still the best. Very nostalgic listening to him! 

Y2J being involved and the champ is terrific too. 

Edited by apollo

9 hours ago, apollo said:

The rock returning to smackdown was pretty cool, he's definitely got some rust on the mic. Was really hoping to hear "Faaaaayyynnallly the rock has come back to Los Angeles" but he didn't drop the line :(

Hell in a cell was pretty lame minus the Becky / Banks match... Which was absolutely incredible... I pretty much fast forwarded through the rest of the ppv. 

Main event was garbage, the whole "fiend" stuff is so silly, like dimmed red lights for the entire match too... Are they trying to entertain infants? 

gave AEW dynamite a shot... Better than I thought actually... The athletes, especially the women definitely don't look as refined as WWE but the quality of wrestling seems solid and production is pretty decent. Sammy VS Cody was way more entertaining than I thought... Both super skilled guys and I hadn't seen Sammy wrestle before 

Jim Ross on commentary is definitely my favourite part, even though he's gotten older and lost some of the "ooomph" in his voice hes still the best. Very nostalgic listening to him! 

The rock did do his finally the rock has come back line...

AEW is awesome. Omega is a better wrestler than anyone in the WWE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Yeah.

He did Finally the rock has come back ..... *2 hours later*  home

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Yeah.

He did Finally the rock has come back ..... *2 hours later*  home

Lol yup you guys are right, I just rewatched it. Still not the best way he's delivered it but pretty cool nonetheless 

Hopefully he keeps doing it at every city, cracks me up and takes me back to the good old days when I had 0 responsibilities 

I'd pay top dollar to see Boeser do a rock promo... Something like right after he signed his deal... "finalllllly the BROCK has come back to Vancouver!" 

Now that would be epic. 

Also would love to see the rock in Vancouver live... Who knows, maybe it'll happen. Dwayne is a big fan of our city. 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Lol yup you guys are right, I just rewatched it. Still not the best way he's delivered it but pretty cool nonetheless 

Hopefully he keeps doing it at every city, cracks me up and takes me back to the good old days when I had 0 responsibilities 

I'd pay top dollar to see Boeser do a rock promo... Something like right after he signed his deal... "finalllllly the BROCK has come back to Vancouver!" 

Now that would be epic. 

Also would love to see the rock in Vancouver live... Who knows, maybe it'll happen. Dwayne is a big fan of our city. 

I'd prefer for the home opener to have the Rogers Arena PA announcer be doing introductions and then be interrupted by Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, and Dustin Brown, I'd like to introduce my client, #6, the flow, BROOOOOOOCK .... BESSSSSSSSAARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAA"

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I'd prefer for the home opener to have the Rogers Arena PA announcer be doing introductions and then be interrupted by Paul Heyman:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, and Dustin Brown, I'd like to introduce my client, #6, the flow, BROOOOOOOCK .... BESSSSSSSSAARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAA"

Lol that would be so legit. Let's get it done! 

The PA announcer currently does a pretty good job on Horvats name.... The way he drags the "Bo part"

boooooOOOO HORVAT! But aside from that it's pretty dull. 

The Canucks could definitely learn a thing or two from wrestling when it comes to hyping up and generating excitement. 

I consider myself an absolute die hard Canucks fan but for the most part, the games aren't worth the price of admission + extras IMO 

Limited excitement, crowd isn't very into it considering it's such a big market. 

Wrestling fans are way better imo than the crowds we produce.

Then again wrestling crowds are generally all attended by big fans and aren't filled with 25-50% of disinterested fans that we have at Canucks games. 

Way too many people in Vancouver are materialistic and just there to tell people they flexed on tickets and went to a game 

WWE is falling apart, Raw which is now the B show is a 3 hour long B show, what a waste of 3 hours, and your A show is only 2 hours now..... Raw last night was scared to have Rollins or The Fiend even on the show because of the backlash they got in Hell In A Cell :lol: and the way Becky lost in their tag match was just garbage, she was pinned for so long and couldn't lift her shoulder due to someone spitting/spraying something in her face really? So that's how easy Becky can be beaten now..... The show's a joke, AEW all the way.

Do people realize the only reason AEW “destroyed” NXT in ratings is because AEW is the first wrestling promotion in 20 years to debut on a national tv network, not named WWE? Obviously, it’s going to do well, compared to a “development” brand, that is a product of the WWE. The debut numbers don’t matter. What matters is if AEW can keep up with those numbers, or will those numbers gradually decline, like RAW and Smackdown.

Smackdown did over 4M views on its first show on Fox, but I don’t except those numbers to continue, further down the road.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:59 PM, apollo said:

Saw Sammy wrestle at the last ECCW Ballroom Brawl.  He has talent.

• Upvote 1

So watching AEW Dynamite yesterday, I believe they really screwed up. If anyone saw the opening segment they had SCU come out for their match, but the Lucha Brothers decided to attack them from behind, this I have no problem with. It's when one of the Brothers went to do a piledriver to Christopher Daniels of SCU on the metal ramp, if you watch closely his head hits the ramp first and imo if he's not paralyzed due to this then he's very very lucky. It just looked so dangerous to the point, why do they allow people to use these kind of moves? One wrong mistake and the person being piledrived can literally be paralyzed for the rest of his life, I believe they should get ride of these types of moves in all of wrestling moving forward, why even risk it.... Here you can watch it here found it on YouTube.

The Championship match between Jericho and Darby Allin, was interesting. I thought Jericho looked bad in the match tbh, I think age is starting to catch up on him he looked really slow all match, but my god Darby Allin what an athlete. I'll admit when AEW first started I was a little skeptical about this Darby Allin, but as the show's have gone on my opinion has been starting to change, but after last night my opinion has completely changed he put on a heck of a show, very impressive.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...