The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

8 hours ago, CanucksSayEh said:

5 women in the whole camp and 3 of em just happened to be out n about? Sounded like they got taken by the worst  of the worst n end up being easily killed plugs. 

It looks like there's a hierarchy. Tough guys get a certain ranking that's higher than those seeking protection. The people that took Carol were probably running an errand for the people in the camp.

On 3/7/2016 at 10:51 PM, fwybwed said:

I haven't been watching full episodes...I watched a couple for about 10 mins and it is the same ol same ol....chatting in the evening among 2 cast members or Rick talking about taking charge...it really got old for me. It better get on track about WHY and HOW this all happened soon or no one is gonna care and a new sci fi genre will pick up and run.

Like this person states you know thing are about to get real bad....its because its getting repetitive. 

There is never going to be a "why or how". The "why or how" doesn't matter. The world they have established is not realistic so any answer they provide will seem lame and will only detract from the premise of the show which is survival. There will be no cure, there will be no neat conclusion. The kind of plot you desire has already been done enough times in many different movies. Perhaps they will be more to your taste.

On 3/7/2016 at 0:00 AM, fwybwed said:

I watched from day 1 and bought seasons....it was for me when it was about zombies....but now its human vs human...camp vs camp... very predictable...strong ratings I doubt that... I am waiting for FTWD....

It was never about the zombies. If it would have been, the show would have been incredibly dull, repetitive and also predictable. 

On 3/7/2016 at 2:37 AM, Tre Mac said:

Well what else is on during that time slot?  Ratings are so misleading. 

There is a reason why nothing good is on during that time slot because you don't want to torpedo the ratings of a good show by competing with TWD. 

3 hours ago, Monty said:

FTFY.

Why? If you aren't satisfied with the show now especially when it starting to get really good then I wonder how you got past season 2.

2 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

I too have been very unimpressed with the majority of this season.

Why is that? 

Just now, Toews said:

Why? If you aren't satisfied with the show now especially when it starting to get really good then I wonder how you got past season 2.

I've always been a firm believer that "less is more". BBC gets it right with their shows, putting integrity of the program before money. Now, I understand why the US does it. If I was "Mr. Hollywood Exec", ensuring I'm able to buy my 3rd wife her 6th Porsche would be at the top of my list as well.

However, what season is TWD on now? Is it 5 or 6? I honestly don't know without looking it up. And can you honestly tell me this season is any more enjoyable than season 3? And if it is, it certainly isn't any better than season 1.

Long story short, It should end because the show is painfully predictable. Humans vs. Humans. Some will live, some will die.

17 minutes ago, Monty said:

I've always been a firm believer that "less is more". BBC gets it right with their shows, putting integrity of the program before money. Now, I understand why the US does it. If I was "Mr. Hollywood Exec", ensuring I'm able to buy my 3rd wife her 6th Porsche would be at the top of my list as well.

However, what season is TWD on now? Is it 5 or 6? I honestly don't know without looking it up. And can you honestly tell me this season is any more enjoyable than season 3? And if it is, it certainly isn't any better than season 1.

Long story short, It should end because the show is painfully predictable. Humans vs. Humans. Some will live, some will die.

I quite enjoy the show and look forward to it every week. It think the amount of episodes is great. In fact, most people would want more, hence the Fear the Walking Dead series. The side series is a great way to go, as it gives more content without diluting the main show into a 30 episode regular cable style show.

The show is based on a comic book, which provides lots of content for many more years to come. I much prefer the way the show is now, as opposed to wrapping it up into some cheazy and forced finale. It's not a show designed for a mini-series. The point of the story is to watch the characters and society evolve over time. 

Long story short, the show shouldn't end, because it is very profitable and has a lot of fans. 

7 minutes ago, Monty said:

You do know that the show has a source material? They aren't just making things up as they go along. Besides what's the point in stopping. From what I have heard from the comic fans, the best part of the plot is still ahead. The ratings are strong, the fans are happy.

No offense but if you aren't a fan of the show and are clearly not watching it then why do you care about whether it should end or not?

I am also unsure of what is "predictable", the premise of the show from day 1 has been pretty clear and they haven't deviated. How exactly do you think they could have changed it up?

Just now, Toews said:

You do know that the show has a source material? They aren't just making things up as they go along. Besides what's the point in stopping. From what I have heard from the comic fans, the best part of the plot is still ahead. The ratings are strong, the fans are happy.

No offense but if you aren't a fan of the show and are clearly not watching it then why do you care about whether it should end or not?

I am also unsure of what is "predictable", the premise of the show from day 1 has been pretty clear and they haven't deviated. How exactly do you think they could have changed it up?

Yes, I'm aware of the source material. Read a good portion of it. Just think the show has grown incredibly stale.

I wasn't a big fan of last nights episode. It wasn't bad by any means, but still not quite up to par. The previous episode was much better.

I guess my biggest gripe was how the whole episode even came about. They come up with this good plan to attack another group of survivors, but they are going to leave one pregnant woman to guard the perimeter? It felt like that was just so they could set up this episode.

I feel like they could do much better in setting up some of these story lines. Like how Rick & Darryl met Jesus.

6 hours ago, Diamond NHL said:

WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD - OPEN AT OWN RISK

Hidden Content

Eugene is the boss...that was awesome! The jokes they were making on the Talking Dead made me like Eugene even more. Josh is one funny guy! I never really thought of the idea of Eugene and Rosita before but now I am like hmmmm they would be cute...

I admit I was really bummed out about

Spoiler

Denise dying. I have actually come to really like her and think she had lots of potiental but her death kind of makes sense since it moves the plot forward. She was the only doctor in Alexandria and so now Glen and Maggie will have no choice to go to the Hilltop because she is pregnant. This is going cause bad things, very bad things to happen. I really think Maggie's time is almost up...

Carol leaving really worries me because I think she's coming undone. I think that last battle with Paula was the final straw for her. I think Sam dying as a direct result of her 'story' is kind of what pushed her towards this. She is unhinged and I fear she will kill herself. I actually really love Carol's character so I hope I am wrong.

In the trailer for next epoisde it showed Daryl going after Carol on his bike.... this might lead him straignt to Negan...

Carol may cause Daryls death :(

3 hours ago, TheFirstLine said:

Funny they would kill one of the weaker characters on the show. 

Its obvious they killed her Iinstead of one of the other weaker characters to futher the plot to give Maggie and Glen a reason to go to Hilltop. It could be a red-hering to make the viewers think Glen or Maggie will meet Negan or it could mean one or both of them die. 

Either way they killed her to futher the plot- which is kind of bad writing- but I could see why they would do it. Then again I actually liked her character. I think she had potiental.

Did not see that one coming, then again neither did  Denise. Would not want to have Daryl that pissed at me. So  Carol is going to run away into the forest to live on nuts and berries while fighting walkers all by herself?

Archived