The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

No.

To bad for you, it's the most glorious trainwreck of all time. Every single scene is laughably bad.

- Legitimately coo-coo crazy aunt at the beginning

- "Hey guys, I'll be right there. But first, I've got to take a wicked dump."

- Gross cook who is definitely a pedophile: "Where I come from, we call them baldies."

- "Eat sh*t and die, Ricky!" "Hey, eat sh*t and live, Bill."

- Camper 'Judy' who wears a shirt that just says "Judy" on it.

- "She's a real carpenter's dream. Flat as a board and needs a screw."

- Whenever the victims see the killer before they die, it's always the POV of the killer and the victim says "Oh, it's you. What are you doing here?"

- And yes, the ending that you will never forget.

To bad for you, it's the most glorious trainwreck of all time. Every single scene is laughably bad.

- Legitimately coo-coo crazy aunt at the beginning

- "Hey guys, I'll be right there. But first, I've got to take a wicked dump."

- Gross cook who is definitely a pedophile: "Where I come from, we call them baldies."

- "Eat sh*t and die, Ricky!" "Hey, eat sh*t and live, Bill."

- Camper 'Judy' who wears a shirt that just says "Judy" on it.

- "She's a real carpenter's dream. Flat as a board and needs a screw."

- Whenever the victims see the killer before they die, it's always the POV of the killer and the victim says "Oh, it's you. What are you doing here?"

- And yes, the ending that you will never forget.

No.

• Upvote 1

I'll give it a watch. But in such a movie, it would depend on if they were genuinely trying to make a good film, or an intentionally bad one. That's what makes The Room so awesome, and Sharknado not so much.

They were genuinely trying to make a good film. This was before the time when it was considered cool to make a bad film.

Within the first 8 minutes of the film, you'll know exactly whether it is worth your time to watch it. Again, you can watch the entire movie on Youtube. The movie is absolutely bonkers.

They were genuinely trying to make a good film. This was before the time when it was considered cool to make a bad film.

Within the first 8 minutes of the film, you'll know exactly whether it is worth your time to watch it. Again, you can watch the entire movie on Youtube. The movie is absolutely bonkers.

There was still the whole schlock horror thing at the time, where it was like certain movies weren't trying to be anything other than cheap. Sharknado was a poor comparison, but there are a lot of bad horror movies that are unwatchable from the time..

There was still the whole schlock horror thing at the time, where it was like certain movies weren't trying to be anything other than cheap. Sharknado was a poor comparison, but there are a lot of bad horror movies that are unwatchable from the time..

That's true.

But Sleepaway Camp is definitely not trying to be cheap. It's legitimately crazy. It's not scary by any means, but you can tell they were trying really hard on a very modest budget.

This is like The Room where it will instantly get vaulted into one of your personal favourites of all time. Watch it tonight, you will not regret it.

i want to sit here and be like, "guys, there's far too many well-made, interesting movies out there to waste your time on this sh*t"

but then i remembered that i just finished season one of True Blood in a whirlwind binge. and not only is it--easily, without question--the worst season of TV i have ever sat down to intentionally watch, but I'll probably start season 2 tonight.

• Upvote 1

i want to sit here and be like, "guys, there's far too many well-made, interesting movies out there to waste your time on this sh*t"

but then i remembered that i just finished season one of True Blood in a whirlwind binge. and not only is it--easily, without question--the worst season of TV i have ever sat down to intentionally watch, but I'll probably start season 2 tonight.

Even those of us with good taste like the occasional so-bad-it's-good. Sleepaway Camp, like The Room, is a movie everyone will like. It's an experience. Edited by Monty

... and not only is it--easily, without question--the worst season of TV i have ever sat down to intentionally watch, but I'll probably start season 2 tonight.

GJ has apparently not been drawn in to the shameful vortex of self-hate that is watching Big Brother.

GJ has apparently not been drawn in to the shameful vortex of self-hate that is watching Big Brother.

So far I've avoided pretty much everything on tv that one would consider "trash". The only shows I watch/PVR on a consistent basis are Bob's Burgers, The Blacklist, and The Soup. Otherwise, I really don't think I watch anything else on network tv. I guess Game of Thrones, but I think I'm done with that as well. Won't know for sure until it starts up again next year.

Since talk has turned to tv, anyone else watched Bojack Horseman, the netflix animated series with (voices of) Will Arnett Amy Sedaris and Aaron Paul? I watched the first two eps a couple nights ago and I'm sold on it. Good subtle awkward stoner style humour but with an undercurrent of melancholy.

Since talk has turned to tv, anyone else watched Bojack Horseman, the netflix animated series with (voices of) Will Arnett Amy Sedaris and Aaron Paul? I watched the first two eps a couple nights ago and I'm sold on it. Good subtle awkward stoner style humour but with an undercurrent of melancholy.

Watched it about a month ago. Definitely has potential.