The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

art and craft 100/10

one of the best documentaries i've seen in a long time. very mentally disturbed man who is able to recreate famous art works so beautifully that he is able to donate them to museums masked as the original

very interesting movie. the guy who 'hunts him down' seems like a bit of an idiot though. being so obsessed and annoyed with a man who is obviously ill...? get over it.

Edited by GLASSJAW
  • Upvote 1

art and craft 100/10

one of the best documentaries i've seen in a long time. very mentally disturbed man who is able to recreate famous art works so beautifully, he is able to donate them to museums etc masked as the original

very interesting movie

lol when he pours "the stuff" in the cough syrup bottle..

Interesting doc!

I wonder how his paintings would revival to counterfeits found in China?
Edited by drummer4now

Joyeux Noel (9.5/10)

Best movie I've watched in a few years, this based on true events in WWI movie is quite powerful, telling the story of the Christmas Truce at a section of the front. Half the movie is in English, the other half in French and German, so make sure you watch a subtitled version.

There's not a lot of action, it's mostly a drama and I don't really want to say anything else.

Just watched Nightcrawler, it immediately became one of my favourite films of the year. For some reason I love Jake Gylenhaal thrillers.

Loved the ending. I kept waiting for everything to come crashing down on Jake's character but I loved that he just walked away according to plan in the end.

Then I watched Birdman, and all I can say is wow what a terrific film. Loved absolutely everything about it. Not sure if there was a single thing that irked me.

Top Five 8/10

Started so slow I almost turned it off. Really glad I stuck with it. From interviews I know Chris Rock said his confidence as a writer/director was pretty low going into the filming, and it shows, but also is fitting since his character feels semi-autobiographical. There's some properly hilarious scenes (one involves a tampon and some hot sauce, another DMX crooning in a jail cell while the other inmates heckle him) but it was the surprising humanism that had a lasting effect. A lot of it is comparable to (or inspired by) the Before .... movies with a pair of people walking around the city chipping away at each others' social exteriors.

In short it was one of those films you don't realize you're enjoying until it ends and you want to start it over.

The title is an ongoing question posed to actors about their five alltime fav rappers/groups, and I think most of those weren't scripted - best of the bunch is in the end credits with a visibly drunk Seinfeld at a strip club yelling his out. Awesome.

Top Five - 9/10

really liked this movie, my kind of comedy with a lot of my favorite comedians.....and I liked that Ders was in this to.

My Top Five:

Beastie Boys

RUN DMC

A Tribe Called Quest

Eric B. & Rakim

The Sugarhill Gang

cant forget N.W.A. though!

Edited by Toni Zamboni