The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

8 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

The last man on earth mid-season finale was intense. Can't wait for it to come back next year. I think this whole season has really been on point, especially as it progressed closer to this episode.

Oooh excited to watch! We're only on episode 5 or 6 if I recall.

Watched The Drop last night (8/10) and quite enjoyed it. Great acting and 'feel' to it. If I have any nits to pick it would be the somewhat slow initial pacing and the ending seemed a touch more anti climactic than I'd have preferred. 

10 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

The last man on earth mid-season finale was intense. Can't wait for it to come back next year. I think this whole season has really been on point, especially as it progressed closer to this episode.

Easily my favourite show to premiere over the last several years. Really thought when it premiered that it would be good for about 8 episodes, and then lose it's appeal very quickly. But very, very impressed with how they've handled every character and the transition to "normal" life.

So much feel in that last episode. Did not expect the show to have so much heart and invoke so much feeling, while remaining witty and clever.

Edited by Monty

On October 30, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Monty said:

Worst Stephen King film?

Answer: Maximum Overdrive

Maximum overdrive must be watched as a comedy, I laughed at so many scenes, especially the guy that get the soda cans right between the legs and  eyes.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Easily my favourite show to premiere over the last several years. Really thought when it premiered that it would be good for about 8 episodes, and then lose it's appeal very quickly. But very, very impressed with how they've handled every character and the transition to "normal" life.

So much feel in that last episode. Did not expect the show to have so much heart and invoke so much feeling, while remaining witty and clever.

I watched the first 2-3 episodes about a year ago. I thought Will Forte was awful, his character pathetic, and quickly shut it down. 

A couple months ago the show came on when I was cooking dinner and I couldn't be bothered to change it. I don't know if I just wasn't in the right mood before or what, but its become the only sitcom I actually look forward to watch. It will never be e as good as Parks & Rec or 30 Rock, but it seems to be another SNL regular going on to have sitcom success.

31 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I watched the first 2-3 episodes about a year ago. I thought Will Forte was awful, his character pathetic, and quickly shut it down. 

A couple months ago the show came on when I was cooking dinner and I couldn't be bothered to change it. I don't know if I just wasn't in the right mood before or what, but its become the only sitcom I actually look forward to watch. It will never be e as good as Parks & Rec or 30 Rock, but it seems to be another SNL regular going on to have sitcom success.

I started off almost peeing myself with laughter right from the start :lol:

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

boy, did Seth Meyers sure choose the wrong path

10 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

It's all about 'the switch'

It's such a laughably bad movie. Really liked Stallone's "silent, simple but feels" character he played throughout the 70s and 80s, up until he did Demolition Man (terrific). But this movie's storyline is so weird/dumb.

8 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Focus - 4/10

This was also a bad movie.

I watch so many movies, that I don't even come on here and rate about 20% of them. Watched this a few days ago, though. And yes, it is a terrible movie. That betting scene at the Super Bowl was unbelievably dumb.

10 minutes ago, Monty said:

I watch so many movies, that I don't even come on here and rate about 20% of them. Watched this a few days ago, though. And yes, it is a terrible movie. That betting scene at the Super Bowl was unbelievably dumb.

I was just going through Movie Central's On Demand section, and these two were movies that I thought about before. Nothing I'd think about going to theatres to pay for, but something to watch for down the road. But even for free, they weren't worth the time.

I thought Will Smith was pretty awful in Focus. It seems more often than not now that I don't enjoy a movie he's in. He and the main actress didn't play well off each other at all. I'm not sure if it was more poorly written, or poorly acted, but nothing of it really worked for me.

I shouldn't have given it the same rating as Blackhat though, as that movie was actually worse. It was like a big ball of nothing. I can't even think of much to say about it, and I literally just finished watching it as I made that post.

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I was just going through Movie Central's On Demand section, and these two were movies that I thought about before. Nothing I'd think about going to theatres to pay for, but something to watch for down the road. But even for free, they weren't worth the time.

I thought Will Smith was pretty awful in Focus. It seems more often than not now that I don't enjoy a movie he's in. He and the main actress didn't play well off each other at all. I'm not sure if it was more poorly written, or poorly acted, but nothing of it really worked for me.

I shouldn't have given it the same rating as Blackhat though, as that movie was actually worse. It was like a big ball of nothing. I can't even think of much to say about it, and I literally just finished watching it as I made that post.

:lol:

I've been thinking about seeing Blackhat, but Michael Mann has released nothing but crap since Collateral.

Edited by Monty

1 hour ago, Monty said:

It's such a laughably bad movie. Really liked Stallone's "silent, simple but feels" character he played throughout the 70s and 80s, up until he did Demolition Man (terrific). But this movie's storyline is so weird/dumb.

I honestly don't remember much about it. The switch, that contraption he had in the truck to keep his arm strong..........and about half way through I was wondering why the hell am I watching an arm wrestling movie. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I honestly don't remember much about it. The switch, that contraption he had in the truck to keep his arm strong..........and about half way through I was wondering why the hell am I watching an arm wrestling movie. :lol: 

It's worth watching again, simply for how bad it is. But that arm machine he has in his truck is unreal.

Also, in the arm wrestling tournament, he squares off against a guy who downs about a litre of motor oil right before the match. WTF!

Next movie on the list is Tom Selleck's 1984 film, Runaway.

Edited by Monty

1 hour ago, Monty said:

:lol:

I've been thinking about seeing Blackhat, but Michael Mann has released nothing crap since Collateral.

he is a bit overrated, isn't he? outside of Collateral, i don't know if he has a single movie I would consider 'great' personally. I re-watched Last of the Mohicans recently, and it had a couple of good scenes, but mostly just seemed dated. Heat's alright. The rest I just don't remember or wasn't all that impressed with to begin with - yet he's often written about or regarded as some A List director or something, it seems