The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

You're joking, right?

I swear the comedy genre is going straight down the tubes. Maybe they just aren't my cup of tea, but movies that rely on retarded random obscene things to generate laughs tick me off. What ticks me off even more is that they do generate laughs and a gross amount of money.

I miss classics like Rush Hour.

different strokes

rush hour didn't do anything for me at all

You're joking, right?

I swear the comedy genre is going straight down the tubes. Maybe they just aren't my cup of tea, but movies that rely on retarded random obscene things to generate laughs tick me off. What ticks me off even more is that they do generate laughs and a gross amount of money.

I love it how you go on about how comedy is going downhill, and then cite RUSH HOUR as an example of what you think it should be like.

Rush Hour?

There Will be Blood 6/10 Nice cinematics, but the story was way too boring for me. I can like slow movies too, I just re watched The Andromeda Strain: 7.9/10

You're joking, right?

different strokes

rush hour didn't do anything for me at all

I love it how you go on about how comedy is going downhill, and then cite RUSH HOUR as an example of what you think it should be like.

Rush Hour?

Hey guys, this topic is G14 classified. Rush Hour had some funny moments for sure, but didn't really set any new comedy standards for me.

Comedies are a different breed. They are the ultimate "to each his own" example. Everybody has a different sense of humour.

Some of my favourites are absolutely terrible movies, but they made me laugh. On the other hand, there are highly-regarded ones like Tropic Thunder that I personally found painfully unfunny.

Comedies are a different breed. They are the ultimate "to each his own" example. Everybody has a different sense of humour.

Some of my favourites are absolutely terrible movies, but they made me laugh. On the other hand, there are highly-regarded ones like Tropic Thunder that I personally found painfully unfunny.

Spot on. I have met very few people that actually like Idiocracy, a movie you and I both love. It was panned and made no money at all, but I can't think of many other comedies I would want to sit down and watch over that one. When it comes to highly regarded comedies, I'm usually quite reserved, as they tend to pander to a wider audience. Some turn out really well obviously, like I Love You, Man or Get Him to the Greek.

Year One is a dreadful movie, but there are moments in it that I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

This is the End, though, I think is just a really good movie, period.

Argo - historical inaccuracies aside (claiming Canada had nothing to do with it) still very well done. 8.5/10

Life of Pi - 8.5 beautiful animation/ cinematography, good story, touching ending

Have you watched Escape from Tehran? It is the documentary on the events in Argo and was well worth the watch (especially from a Canadian perspective).

Parker - 4/10

I watched this on Saturday and I already forget it. The history of "Parker" is a long one. The character was created a long time ago, except Hollywood was unable to get the rights to the character. So what they did was use a different name and remake it as different movies throughout the years (ie: Payback w/ Mel Gibson: His name is Porter).

Well, after years and years of trying to get this film made, here we are. Jason Statham plays himself. The End.