The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Anchorman 2: 8/10

Not as quoteable as the first (although after repeated viewings this may change, but I did laugh my ass off for 2 hours.

Notable scenes:

1) The "Showdown scene"- the reveal of this films epic fight combatants was awesome.

2) Bryan Fantana's line: "Got a good group of buddies out there. OJ Simpson, Phil Specter, Robert Blake.We go out cruisin' chicks. Call ourselves the Ladykillers."

Just watched this and I'm in agreement.

The Iceman.

Starring Michael Shannon who portrays a gripping, intense hitman based on a true story. Great performances just blown away by Michael Shannon.

8/10

It's kind of interesting how a role on an HBO series makes us notice actors when they play other parts.

I remember re-watching 300 and noticing right away that Leonidas' wife was Cersei Lannister, Stephen Graham playing a footballer in the Damned United and last night, while watching the forgettable Silent Hill: Revelation, seeing Kit (you know nothing, Jon Snow) Harrington in the only other role I have seen him in....

Oh, BTW, Silent Hill Revelation: 5/10

Inside Llewyn Davis - 9.5/10

Another Coen Brothers movie, another set of marginalized losers with totally bleak lives.

I can see why some people wouldn't like this, but I thought it was totally great.

I just watched A Serious Man, written and directed by the Coen's.

8.5/10

Most people will probably find it slow and boring, but their writing is phenomenal and I loved it. I have yet to watch a film by them which doesn't grab me.

Can't wait to see Inside Llewyn Davis!

The Wolf of Wall Street - 9.5/10

The acting so reminds me of Mean Street and Taxi Driver - total Scorsese. DiCaprio is awesome, one of his best if not the best. I wonder why he gets all the hate. The 3 hour film felt like 2 hours, even from the front row of the theatre.

I just watched A Serious Man, written and directed by the Coen's.

8.5/10

Most people will probably find it slow and boring, but their writing is phenomenal and I loved it. I have yet to watch a film by them which doesn't grab me.

Can't wait to see Inside Llewyn Davis!

it reminds me of a cross between Barton Fink and A Serious Man -- so you will prob enjoy it.

Runner Runner - 2/10 Horrid movie, the 2 is for Gemma Arterton; hot damn.

Don Jon - 5/10 I was entertained, but it was boring and too preachy.

Lone Survivor - 8/10 The book (aka real life) had a much better ending/wrap up to the story. This ending felt rushed and Hollywood'ed (I think i made up a word there). Very entertaining war flick with an awesome cast.

12 Years a Slave - 9/10 Should clean up everything at the oscars.

The Hobbit 2:

6.5/10

Some really good scenes, but some really frustratingly bad ones, too. It's really difficult to judge this movie for what it is and not what I think it COULD have been. So much potential in this book/story to make a really good movie, but instead its just looooaded with excessive silly trash that will not age well at all. So much CGI. Legolas is embarrassing.

I really liked the first half of the Smaug section, but it just became too excessive and action-y.

Really liked the spider part, though.

Decent movie, I'm sure it would have been better on the big screen.

Anchorman 2 - 5/10

Had some funny moments, but not many. It felt really forced.

I got that sense just from the previews. Almost don't want to see it just so that it won't ruin how I see Anchorman.

About Time: 5.5/10

Can't think of a reason why this movie was made. So many blatant contradictions in the plot line. First rule of time travel was that only men can travel back in time. Then, 3/4 through the movie the lead travels back in time with his sister. Okay. Don't know why McAdams would agree to do this film after doing Time Traveller's Wife. Definitely a downgrade. About Time made time travel seem so boring. Not to mention the failure to think about how time travel would actually work, save for how it would help add to the plot. The lead male actor was good.

Edited by Down by the River