The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Ok.

Luongo is worth more than Schneider. you know what you're getting with Luongo, whereas with Schneider, he hasn't played enough to know how his career is going to turn out.

A fair trade for Luongo would be Ovechkin. Both are superstars, have big, long term contracts, which incidently, makes both contracts rather undradable for most teams unless two teams with such contracts come to term; Luongo for Lecavalier, lecavalier for Ovechkin, Ovechkin for Luongo and so on.

Conversely, since Schneider's contract is short termed with less money, he is much more marketable than Luongo, though that does not necessarily translate into a better player; just a better, tradable contract.

So it is my belief that:

Luongo is currently a better bet than Schneider because he has a longer record to prove it; you know what you're getting,

Luongo is not as marketable as a trade asset unless another long-term high money contract is the return which, incidently, is usually the signification of a superstar,

Schneider is more marketable, due to his lower cap hit and shorter contractual term, thereby compatible with more teams as a tradable commodity.

Luongo = Lecavalier, but not Ovechkin. (Personally I think Luongo > Vinny, but if Vinny can put up 60+ points he is = to Lu most likely)

A more accurate comparison of Ovechkins value IMO would be Rinne. He is making a huge amount of cash at a long term deal, and is younger than Luongo. Just like Ovechkin.

We should be looking long and hard at making a deal now. This thing has dragged out too long and we could use a quality 2nd/3rd line center.

Another Laugher from WSH's goaltender of the future. 4 goals on 18 shots, maybe he let that big new contract of his get to his head. Why have players not walked out on George McPhee for refusing to go out and get them a number 1 goaltender??? oh wait, they have, its called losing every game.

Jokes on McPhee.

I would not be surprised to see the Cnaucks go back to their winning ways without Kesler. I have come to believe that he is an attention hogger, puck hogger, diver; a distraction to the success of this team. i am still not proven right.

In time, if indeed the Canucks start winning on a constant basis again without Kesler and start losing again when he comes back, then logic would dictate that he is indeed a distraction to the team as well as an impeding factor in the success of the team.

Since I see that Winnipeg has come back into the discussion, I feel the need to point out that they should be a talking point in a potential Schneider trade over Lu, who I very much doubt would agree to go there even if they were making a play for him. Schneids on the other hand was a big fan favorite with the Moose (basically the same fan-base).

I think this would be the perfect time to load up on centers

To Vancouver: Stephen Weiss

To Florida: Anton Rodin, Bill Sweatt, 2013 1st

To Vancouver: Ryan O'Reilly

To Colorado: Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, 2013 & 2014 2nd (this might need a bit more value)

Healthy line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Weiss - O'Reilly

Burrows - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Alberts/Barker/Vandermeer - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

At the draft Luongo and Booth can be traded for prospects and picks (1sts and 2nds)

Since I see that Winnipeg has come back into the discussion, I feel the need to point out that they should be a talking point in a potential Schneider trade over Lu, who I very much doubt would agree to go there even if they were making a play for him. Schneids on the other hand was a big fan favorite with the Moose (basically the same fan-base).

Okay I think we need to make a deal, this has dragged on awhile. A have a few propositions:

(Added players on our side are for contract reasons)

#1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small.png Drew Shore + Alex Petrovic + Shawn Mattias + Scottie Upshall

small.png Roberto Luongo + Andrew Ebbett + Anton Rodin + Kellan Tochkin

- Shore is that 3rd line center that can play now, has Ryan O'Rielly like upside.

- Mattias fills Mannys role, good on faceoffs, good defensively, big body that is physical. Aswell has upside.

- Petrovic is a nice piece to get, a projected punishing two-way top 4 guy, I really like what he brings

- Upshall is the cap dump, since FLA is under tough economic circumstances

#2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small.png Tyler Bozak + Matt Frattin + Ben Scrivens + 2nd Round Pick + 4th Round Pick

small.png Roberto Luongo + Andrew Ebbett + Guillaume Desbiens

- Bozak fills the 3C role very nicely

- Frattin good player w/ nice upside, can help now but also helps next year when we run into cap issues

- Ben Scrivens would be a nice backup.

- The 2nd is nice to get, aswell the 4th. (Or the 4th can be used to get a role player, like we have before)

#3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small.pngMarcus Johansson + Dimtry Orlov + Micheal Nuevirth + 2nd Round Pick

small.png Roberto Luongo + Kevin Connaution + Andrew Ebbett

- Marcus Johansson can be the 3rd liner we need right now, also has nice upside

- Orlov loaded w/ offensive talent/upside, can help on the PP if needed, but more-so next year if we move a Dman.

- Nuevirth is a solid back-up, the 2nd is also a nice to get with this draft being so deep.

- Connaution replaces Orlov for them, aswell evens out the deal.

1 - Winnipeg just signed Pavelec to a 5 year deal last offseason. Don't see them moving away from him.

2 - Scheinder's worth is at worst equal to Byfuglien. We should not have to included anything to Schneider to get him.

3 - Byfuglien's defense is sub par.. With Enstrom out he has looked less than stellar.

Okay I think we need to make a deal, this has dragged on awhile. A have a few propositions:

(Added players on our side are for contract reasons)

#1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small.png Drew Shore + Alex Petrovic + Shawn Mattias + Scottie Upshall

small.png Roberto Luongo + Andrew Ebbett + Anton Rodin + Kellan Tochkin

- Shore is that 3rd line center that can play now, has Ryan O'Rielly like upside.

- Mattias fills Mannys role, good on faceoffs, good defensively, big body that is physical. Aswell has upside.

- Petrovic is a nice piece to get, a projected punishing two-way top 4 guy, I really like what he brings

- Upshall is the cap dump, since FLA is under tough economic circumstances

#2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small.png Tyler Bozak + Matt Frattin + Ben Scrivens + 2nd Round Pick + 4th Round Pick

small.png Roberto Luongo + Andrew Ebbett + Guillaume Desbiens

- Bozak fills the 3C role very nicely

- Frattin good player w/ nice upside, can help now but also helps next year when we run into cap issues

- Ben Scrivens would be a nice backup.

- The 2nd is nice to get, aswell the 4th. (Or the 4th can be used to get a role player, like we have before)

#3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small.pngMarcus Johansson + Dimtry Orlov + Micheal Nuevirth + 2nd Round Pick

small.png Roberto Luongo + Kevin Connaution + Andrew Ebbett

- Marcus Johansson can be the 3rd liner we need right now, also has nice upside

- Orlov loaded w/ offensive talent/upside, can help on the PP if needed, but more-so next year if we move a Dman.

- Nuevirth is a solid back-up, the 2nd is also a nice to get with this draft being so deep.

- Connaution replaces Orlov for them, aswell evens out the deal.

I think this would be the perfect time to load up on centers

To Vancouver: Stephen Weiss

To Florida: Anton Rodin, Bill Sweatt, 2013 1st

To Vancouver: Ryan O'Reilly

To Colorado: Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, 2013 & 2014 2nd (this might need a bit more value)

Healthy line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Weiss - O'Reilly

Burrows - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Alberts/Barker/Vandermeer - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

At the draft Luongo and Booth can be traded for prospects and picks (1sts and 2nds)

Weiss is the definition of a rental. He is an UFA next year. You don't give 2prospects and a first in a deep draft for 3 months of player who is by all accounts underachieving this year. Most I would pay for him is Sweatt and 3rd. If they want more I would walk away. Keep in mind our cupboards are almost bare. For O'Reilly I still don't see why people want to offer so much. The Avs are asking for a forward and a pick/prospect. Booth/Raymond + Connauton/Schroeder would be more than enough.

Archived