The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

Bieksa, Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison and now Tanev all listen to the coaching, they play well against top-notch opponents, Not perfectly, but well, they are capable of playing bigtime minutes effectively, and aren't a huge risk everytime they aren't put in their 'ultimate role' on this team.

..... You know.. .any of us can do the same in regards to other players such as Bieksa or Edler, who at times were defensive liablities for the team... but they never got benched. Why? If theres an issue with Keith Ballard, then trade him. There's no point hanging onto a 4.2 million dollar dman. I'm with the rest of the other Canucks fans who think this is unjustified. Ballard screwed up. Ok. WE'VE SEEN ALEX EDLER DO TEN TIMES THAT, we also saw Kevin Bieska do that so many times during the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

..... You know.. .any of us can do the same in regards to other players such as Bieksa or Edler, who at times were defensive liablities for the team... but they never got benched. Why? If theres an issue with Keith Ballard, then trade him. There's no point hanging onto a 4.2 million dollar dman. I'm with the rest of the other Canucks fans who think this is unjustified. Ballard screwed up. Ok. WE'VE SEEN ALEX EDLER DO TEN TIMES THAT, we also saw Kevin Bieska do that so many times during the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

He is the Special Teams coach that also deals with Defense. Sure he answers to the Head Coach, but it's not like AV says "I HATE X PLAYER! DON'T NEVERD EVERD PLAYS HIM!"

Bowness' role in the system has even been pointed out in the telecasts. He is the one that deals with the Defense. Not AV.

Hes a great Dman but i think its time for a change, personally i would want a dman coming back that is a UFA at the end of the year as we have connoton and a few others that can play next year.

How about ballard to edmonton for whitney? we save a couple hundred grand and hes gone at years end leaving us more money to spend on a possible UFA

Hes a great Dman but i think its time for a change, personally i would want a dman coming back that is a UFA at the end of the year as we have connoton and a few others that can play next year.

How about ballard to edmonton for whitney? we save a couple hundred grand and hes gone at years end leaving us more money to spend on a possible UFA

SOB played over 20 mins a game for TB before being traded to us. That was very effective for them, as they went on to draft Stamkos.

Ballard played a lot of time in Florida. They stunk for all that time. So who ruined Ballard? Us? Or them?

We were hoping that Ballard could benefit from a better, winning environment when we got him. Instead we recieved an undisciplined, poorly-motivated player with little work ethic.

That is the stark reality of the situation. And believe me, it PAINS me to have to admit it. Because at the time of the trade Grabner was the softish bust with an injury-prone, one-dimensional upside and Ballard was our top-4 white light saviour until we scored Hamhuis.

MULLIGAN!

I think Ballard is a nice fellow. I also think he is better than Alberts and Barker(tbd). But to say that he's been screwed here via mismanagement or coaching problems is DEAD wrong.

Wanna play, Keith? Then fracking. PLAY!

Being a top pairing dman on any team is a hard job. Probably harder on a crappy team actually as you have to carry more of the load yourself.

SOB was not a top pairing dman anywhere.

Edler and Bieksa were able to play through their mistakes because of the lack of depth on the team at the time. Edler gets a lot of leeway right now because he has shown what kind of player he can be at his best and Bieksa has 0 pressure depth wise on the RH side.

SOB played over 20 mins a game for TB before being traded to us. That was very effective for them, as they went on to draft Stamkos.

Ballard played a lot of time in Florida. They stunk for all that time. So who ruined Ballard? Us? Or them?

We were hoping that Ballard could benefit from a better, winning environment when we got him. Instead we recieved an undisciplined, poorly-motivated player with little work ethic.

That is the stark reality of the situation. And believe me, it PAINS me to have to admit it. Because at the time of the trade Grabner was the softish bust with an injury-prone, one-dimensional upside and Ballard was our top-4 white light saviour until we scored Hamhuis.

MULLIGAN!

I think Ballard is a nice fellow. I also think he is better than Alberts and Barker(tbd). But to say that he's been screwed here via mismanagement or coaching problems is DEAD wrong.

Wanna play, Keith? Then fracking. PLAY!

People that are saying we should just trade Ballard obviously don't realize how bad this team would be with the D the way it is.

We're lucky we played Calgary and weren't embarrassed icing that D. If we go with the same guys against San Jose, we're gonna get lit up unless Cory stands on his head.

It would be foolish of me to suggest Bowness does not deal with the defense, which is precisely why I never suggested such a thing.

And no, AV will likely not react in the childish, ridiculous manner yo have eluded to. I dont believe this was ever suggested as well.

Bowness has numerous times issues praise for Ballard.

Bowness deals with the defense that AV decides to dress. Bowness may be asked for his opinion or may issue an objection but the ultimate decision is with the Head Coach. Deal with it (just like Bowness).

People that are saying we should just trade Ballard obviously don't realize how bad this team would be with the D the way it is.

We're lucky we played Calgary and weren't embarrassed icing that D. If we go with the same guys against San Jose, we're gonna get lit up unless Cory stands on his head.

Take a look at the replies to this very thread. How many posters here have said that AV "Hates" ballard and that's why he's not playing. It's also the same crap that we seen with people posting AV's love affair with Rome. Now you're on here saying that AV "will likely not react in the childish, ridiculous manner yo have eluded to." [and yes you spelled "you" wrong]. Thanks for proving my point. At the same time, you have decided to take it upon yourself to take me to task in that AV is the one that decides to not play Ballard.

Yes AV is the head coach. Yes he has final say. I've stated as much. At the same time he's not going to sit back and ignore the advice given to him by his Associate coach that's in charge of special teams, including Defense. He's not going to repeatedly override his advice and say, "I'm dressing these players so deal with it."

If we aren't gonna use him may as well trade him. I thought he'd be good depth for this season, but seeing as it doesn't look like a goalie is going to be moved this season I say trade Ballard. Put him out of his misery and that opens up some cap..whether we use it or not it gives us the option of picking up some salary.

Archived