The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ballard's agent to talk to management

One major problem that we have with Ballard as a team is that our forward group is currently incomplete. Complete it and then you will take pressure off of Ballard. However, having $11-12mil scratched/benched every game isn't really allowing us to address our issues up front, is it?

Cap waste has been a glaring issue since we faced the much more efficient Bruins in the finals. Waste less cap space and you'll find that your team can get over injuries a lot easier.

Note to the unwashed:

All player agents are in contact with management.The player agents protect their customers and the management either deals with the agents or they trade the player if they can't take the heat from making bad decisions and getting ragged on.

History shows us exactly how this management team deals with certain player agents.

If Ballard is being treated unfairly his agent will remind Gillis.If it persists Gillis will get ragged on and finally he will pull the plug on Ballard,which is what he might be doing in the first place,anyways.

Then Gillis can go to the media and state he was spending too much time dealing with grievances and had no other choice but to cut him loose.

Actually Visnosvky plays the right side, not sure about Streit but I think he can too.

Either would be great for us, especially since the assets required to get Hamonic would be more than we are likely willing to do at this point.

How was his time in Minnesota?

You mean the team he never played for, before he was traded to Chicago; then signed his ELC; then made his NHL debut with Chicago.

As Elvis just said..... you are comparing apples to oranges, I have pointed out that they are nowhere near the same player... as YOU originally said they were, because they were young D, who CAN play top minutes (which Leddy does, and chips in with offense, while Tanev was/is a stop/gap in the Top 4)

4.2 mil per year. That is why he isn't treated the same as the other defensemen, because he needs to be better. It isn't as though he has played against the other teams best every night. He isn't showing enough to take a top 4 spot. A kid like Tanev is showing much more for way less. You can't pay your #6 dman 4.2m and only get bottom pairing ability from him. 1point this season, not enough from a skilled dman.

I like Ballard and was happy when we got him but he has not shown how he is worth 4.2m since he got here.

Note to the unwashed:

All player agents are in contact with management.The player agents protect their customers and the management either deals with the agents or they trade the player if they can't take the heat from making bad decisions and getting ragged on.

History shows us exactly how this management team deals with certain player agents.

If Ballard is being treated unfairly his agent will remind Gillis.If it persists Gillis will get ragged on and finally he will pull the plug on Ballard,which is what he might be doing in the first place,anyways.

Then Gillis can go to the media and state he was spending too much time dealing with grievances and had no other choice but to cut him loose.

I guess you don't understand.

Sobotka's value is probably close to that of Keaton Ellerbys, and he only got a 5th. Reddens value is very little, probably that of Lovejoys, if that. and he only got a 5th.

Niether are worth as much as Ballard. We would maybe add a 5th, but nothing more, both for Ballard are probably fair, but either alone isn't and Redden doesn't come anywhere close to fair.

Point out where i said they were the same player skill wise? tell me where you got this from

All i said was Leddy = Tanev , you can interpret that any way you like but i never said Tanev's SKILLS is the same as Leddy because they are two totally different defenceman.

Your the one that started comparing their skills, my point was simple and clear, he is equivalent to Tanev on our team because both are young and contribute to our top 6.

YOU are the one that made this a big deal.

Note to the unwashed:

Archived